Why Are The Diaz Brothers Allowed To Always Make Excuses?

In my case I like their excuses because they are unintentionally funny, Nate yelling that BJ Penn at the ref to dry BJ Penn, Nick talking about some old lady telling him she hopes GSP kick his ass and that fucking with his mind, I look forward to what they have to say when they lose.

Special mention to Nick saying Dana is selling Wolf tickets sitting next to him. <{danayeah}>

Active fighters who dominate opponents are attacked and demonized when they reveal injuries that stopped them from performance at their best.

In comparison, the Diaz brothers have a million and one excuses for losing fights, for ducking fights and etc. Their brand is essentially weed, jumping people on the streets, and making excuses when it is time to fight in a sanctioned sport.

Mostly what they have are excuses, and consensus MMA community doesn't call them out on it.

diaz borther are over rated and are just as retired as conor is.

Active fighters who dominate opponents are attacked and demonized when they reveal injuries that stopped them from performance at their best.

In comparison, the Diaz brothers have a million and one excuses for losing fights, for ducking fights and etc. Their brand is essentially weed, jumping people on the streets, and making excuses when it is time to fight in a sanctioned sport.

Mostly what they have are excuses, and consensus MMA community doesn't call them out on it.

They never really beaten (inb4 thompson gif). They just run out of time sometimes.

Because we are trolls, and it’s fun to use Diaz catch phrases.

I dont care at all about excuses. Literally means nothing to me.

Mama Diaz aint raise no sissies.

The action in the ring is what matters and diaz bros tend to provide a unique gutsy middle finger laden experience

Not all Diaz excuses are fake.

During a recent appearance on the Joe Rogan experience podcast, St-Pierre made a bold confession that he did indeed poison the Stockton slugger to ease his fears for what was sure-to-be a tough challenge.

GSP admits to poisoning Nick Diaz

“I got to confess. I was so scared during this fight, so we tried to poison since I was so scared of fighting Nick Diaz so we poisoned his IV. But he survived so I was even more terrified. All of the athletic commission was on my payroll so they tripped away and then I made it. It went through so I was even more terrified. So then an alien abducted me and they put the gamma ray to increase my strength like The Hulk, like performance enhancing drug and the fight was still happening. So right before that, I put some glass and cement in my gloves and I still a crazy hard fight.”

https://www.mmamania.com/2018/5/23/...-bribing-athletic-commission-ufc-158-montreal

Their unwillingness to accept defeat is part of their charm.

That’s why it means something when Nick says Diego Sanchez is the only guy who beat him.

That doesn't mean shit lol.

Well other fighters and people in the media are going to respect them, sure. They are professional fighters who have fought at the very pinnacle of the sport - that has to be respected. You also have to understand that those people also are more personal with the Diaz brothers, and while I don't know them personally, most people who've interacted with them in a semi-regular environment say they are pretty down to earth.

As far as the way they act in the fight game - they've said it many many times - at least Nick has. He doesn't like fighting, so he has to convince himself that he hates the person he's going to fight - this of course leads to altercations because other fighters respond, and things just get out of hand.

As far as the excuses - most all fighters do it - some are more subtle at it, and more diplomatic about it, but most athletes who have what it takes to get to the highest levels of their sports usually don't take losses well - if they did, they probably wouldn't be where they are - it's the nature of the beast.

On sherdog though, I would say they get shit on pretty regularly.

Smh at doesn't like fighting. You believe that bullshit?

Many Sherdoggers live vicariously through the Diaz’ brothers’ antics.

Last edited:
I agree, it's pretty lame. But, just like everything, people will ignore flaws if they already have an affinity for someone/something.

Cuz they have extremely low IQ.

And the majority of the MMA fans also have low IQ.

They want to believe that there are other kinds of "geniuses" and look at him as inspiration.
Them not him MR. IQ

Cos they're retarded and to pick up on when retards talk nonsense is one step away from bullying?
Plus, everyone naturally has a duty of care towards specials?
Just my guess anyway, I'm not the biggest fan of them tbh.

Because there is some sort of weird weed smoker's club. Where people that smoke weed idolize others that do so. Basically, they are low intelligence wannabe badasses that get high, Shertards see successful versions of themselves in the Diaz bros.

As a side point they also get a pass for begging opponents to fight the way they want them to, and throwing hissy fits when they instead follow their gameplan.

Everyone loves them. They're both pretty dumb to the point of being hilarious. Both always try and bring a great show to the fans. I do wish they were more active though, Nick especially. Loved watching him dismantle people I never thought he could beat.

Those two get in more fights than anybody. But they don't like to fight? Gtfoh

Don't mistake peacocking for actually fighting.

And besides, a 10 second scuffle in the hotel lobby is competely different than facing another trained fighter who is seriously trying to injure you.

Again, why would he lie? It goes completely against the whole "bad boy" image that everyone says they are trying to portray.

Back