Why are people mad at DJ?

You're right, TJ v cody 2 the guy he just KO'd, and DJ v brog 2 these are the fights to make!

Why are Dj fans so sad and afraid of a guy cutting to 125 to give us a legit show.
Who's afraid? According to the fighters it's Dana White who's gone silent on the idea. There's a large gap between what 's being said by the fighters and the narrative some sections of Sherdog are trying to force.

TJ can make the weight, that makes DJ's reign as the "p4p best fighter ever" a farce .

No one gives a sinlge, and I mean a SINGLE, shit about DJ vs anyone at his weight class. Hes gone through them all and its all uninteresting. We all know how the rematches would go too. TJ vs DJ though is a legit superfight...its a rare occurrence. If DJ wins it means it means he really is one of, if not the greatest fighters of all time. If TJ wins, it means he is really fucking great too because hes been fighting killers at 135 compared to the nobodies in DJ's division.

Its a huge legacy fight for both men. And the biggest payday ever for DJ. Which makes you wonder why he does not want it..

For those saying TJ is "picking on a smaller fighter" no, thats not how this works. If TJ can make 125, then he is a 125lb fighter. If you think its unfair, then you should be campaigning for a 115lb division....

Who's afraid? According to the fighters it's Dana White who's gone silent on the idea. There's a large gap between what 's being said by the fighters and the narrative some sections of Sherdog are trying to force.
Obviously the topic starter is afraid for his hero, you don't make a post like this because you want to see a good fight.

How was anything Edgar did a mockery exactly, genius?

Because they gave him a free shot at the belt without fighting contenders at the weight before hand, fuckface.

He was also on a 2 fight losing streak before.

Fighter fanbois, upset some other dude is getting love.

Sad, pathetic shit.

MM haters the worst.

He bitches and moans about not being popular yet does everything he can to avoid one of the few fights that would help him breakthrough. :rolleyes:

That and he looks like an alien.

Fighter fanbois, upset some other dude is getting love.

Sad, pathetic shit.

MM haters the worst.
So how can you be a fan?

Are you a fan of the atom weight division in boxing?

I doubt It.

It’s the ufc brainwashing this got to you, joe rogan captains the ship.

Do yo enjoy watching little boys fighting in the play ground ? They are same size as Mighty Mouse.

So how can you be a fan?

Are you a fan of the atom weight division in boxing?

I doubt It.

It’s the ufc brainwashing this got to you, joe rogan captains the ship.

Do yo enjoy watching little boys fighting in the play ground ? They are same size as Mighty Mouse.

Size = quality of fight or fighter? I'm not going to explain common sense and combat sports history so you can catch up and get into this conversation.

MM is a high quality fighter. Nothing you can say will make me believe otherwise, you sound stupid to me.

Size = quality of fight or fighter? I'm not going to explain common sense and combat sports history so you can catch up and get into this conversation.

MM is a high quality fighter. Nothing you can say will make me believe otherwise, you sound stupid to me.
Ya it does effect the quality ya idiot.

The smaller they are the less impact they have hitting each other.

Less impact = lower quality fighter

Less impact = smaller fanbase

Fan base relegated to nerds like you.

Obviously the topic starter is afraid for his hero, you don't make a post like this because you want to see a good fight.
Every fighter that calls out a fighter from a lower weight class cops a bit of shit for it. In general, fans have always been more appreciative of fighters moving up rather than down. There's also the issue of him just moving down for one fight so he can say he's a 2 division champ since most doubt he could make that weight consistently. A lot of people are sick of divisions being messed up by stuff like that.
Personally I'd like to see it at a 130 catch weight since I don't see either of them staying in the other division should they win the title.

Fan base relegated to nerds like you.

The entire sport is.

The drama and spectacle are for casual losers like yourself. To think "impact" is the overwhelming factor to a quality fight leads me to have no respect for your opinion on these matters.

This science is for the nerds, not losers. Go whine about Dern's accent or something, you dork. Don't try telling me about sport.

It’s why heavyweights are the biggest draws historically

We can see the IMPACT of the punches. You can feel the power from them.

Mighty Mouse is the equivalent to a spider attaching another spider, no one can hear anything. A whisper can be heard in the wind as a tartantula mauls another one to death.

When hippopotamus fight each other everyone in the jungle watches. And knows from the shear sound of violence and flesh on flesh impact.

Every fighter that calls out a fighter from a lower weight class cops a bit of shit for it. In general, fans have always been more appreciative of fighters moving up rather than down. There's also the issue of him just moving down for one fight so he can say he's a 2 division champ since most doubt he could make that weight consistently. A lot of people are sick of divisions being messed up by stuff like that.
Personally I'd like to see it at a 130 catch weight since I don't see either of them staying in the other division should they win the title.
Can you please link all the threads where people shit on Stipe for calling out DC?
And the difference between TJ and everyone else is he's willing to accommodate DJ weight class it's 1 thing if TJ was trying to force DJ to come to 135, but at his normal weight where he's supposed to be the p4p goat?

Can you please link all the threads where people shit on Stipe for calling out DC?
And the difference between TJ and everyone else is he's willing to accommodate DJ weight class it's 1 thing if TJ was trying to force DJ to come to 135, but at his normal weight where he's supposed to be the p4p goat?
Stipe didn't call out DC. Neither of them chased the fight. Dana, media and fans called for it. The fighters demanded more to do that fight, Dana agreed and the fight got made. The exact same scenario could have played out here but first time round Dana wanted MM to do it for his normal contract and now it seems he's pissy' at TJ for not 'saving' UFC 222'.

Like most of the comments here, a lot people are losers in life, when they see someone achieve things they can’t they try to find a way to discredit that person. Demetrious is on a 13 fight winning streak, tied with Jones and GSP, with a 12 title defence streak, the most the UFC has seen. By the far the most under appreciated champion with have. One day down the road, we will look back at the Demetrious Johnson era and realize we were living in a time where we had a bad motherfucker down at 125.

Which matters ZERO.

TJ wants to challenge the guy who many say is the GOAT 125. If they both weigh 125, what is the big deal?
Don't get me wrong, I'd like to see the fight. But TJ has done nothing to deserve it and it seems like DJ is getting bad press for pointing that out. If he's gonna be fighting random fighters from other weight classes -and you are right, they'll both be 125 for a few minutes, but TJ will be much heavier in the cage - I don't think he's asking for too big a favour to be paid a bit more.

Don't get me wrong, I'd like to see the fight. But TJ has done nothing to deserve it and it seems like DJ is getting bad press for pointing that out. If he's gonna be fighting random fighters from other weight classes -and you are right, they'll both be 125 for a few minutes, but TJ will be much heavier in the cage - I don't think he's asking for too big a favour to be paid a bit more.

IMO, if you are champion and wish to challenge another champion, you are already #1 contender.

Very rarely do I believe this about fighters - that they genuinely don't want to fight someone. These are the most alpha of alphas.

But I honestly believe MM doesn't want any part of TJ. I know, its almost impossible to believe. Most champions would say let him come down - I'll send his ass back to 135.

MM has been complaining about money forever. But he also knows that if TJ beats him his pay will probably actually go down. He would prefer to keep beating the same cans at 125 than an actual legit challenger.

I know, these guys fight for money. But it just feels like MM is trying to milk 125 and not actually accept a real challenge. I hope the UFC MAKES this fight happen or strips MM for refusing his best challenge.

Because I'm ashamed a guy 90 lbs lighter than me could open frosty cans of whoopass at my expense.

Back