Opinion Why are people angry at white privilege being real?

The people are so angry about it, because the traditional advantage of being white in Western countries is diminishing. To me, this is what actual "White Fragility" is. There is a large contingent of white people(particularly in the US, and particularly poor and uneducated) who see the loss of their historic privilege as an attack on "whiteness".

This is where all the, "White Genocide" nonsense is coming from. People who can't cut it, are finally seeing that they won;t be able to have an advantaged position by using their "Old Boy's Club" anymore. So, their brain(thanks to cognitive dissonance) buys 100% into what people like Spencer, Le Pen, or Trump are selling.

1. Immigrants bad.
2. People who point out racism and historic injustice are the real racists.
3. Globalist(read Jews) are intentionally flooding their countries with muslims(the most currently demonized of the non-white).
4. Any attempt to correct historic injustice, or historically ingrained prejudiced thinking is actually White Genocide.
5. If we just close ourselves off, we can go back to(insert fake era of utopia).

It's really sad, and I'm legitimately concerned for the future.

Reactionaries are almost always very dangerous. They're irrational, and don't think.

They should move to Europe there white homeland. I not see why there homeland cannot be white. But you americans I think as majority prove your country not want that and is nation of immigrants built on Indian land.

Im saying that people admire power and the standards of beauty of the dominant society.

So how does this apply to only white people (e.g. white privilege)?

White people don't dominate every society in the world - do they?

I think it's fair to make this a social/cultural anthropological argument, but I fail to see how this is an inherently white issue.

White as in light skinned.

That is like 1% of latin america you ask me. I bet if you ask actual white nationalist they either include everyone light skin and not Asian to boost there numbers or they exclude everyone not 90% or 95% European genetic and light eyes and hair.

Many castizo and mestizo is lighter skin but not white compare to racial German or French person. Now Greeks they are weird every Greek I have met looks like how I think Syrians are or what Moroccans and Algerian look like. Hairy as fuck to

Didn't you say it was every white person enjoying privilege? Regardless, we now agree that it is a generalization/stereotype and not an actual fact for each and every individual.

Nirvana fallacy.

And again, when the place is all white (like Vermont for example), then what? Seems like by definition not everyone can be privileged. But I suppose I'm beating a dead horse since you've already conceded that being white doesn't convey special privilege in all situations.

I dont think you understand what privilege is.

Now maybe you should pause to think more deeply about how the concept diminishes the efforts and accomplishments of white individuals. I've really nothing more to add. Have a great day Rod.

Maybe you should realize how well we have it compared to other people. 100 years ago, having food in the table was such a privilege that people prayed before eating.

If some kid from Syria called me privileged from not having bombs being thrown above my roof i wouldnt get pissed.

Of course you could say "Well what about the kids that were murdered in Florida, i mean not all Syrians have beens shot at". Well no shit sherlock, thats why its a generalization.

That is like 1% of latin america you ask me. I bet if you ask actual white nationalist they either include everyone light skin and not Asian to boost there numbers or they exclude everyone not 90% or 95% European genetic and light eyes and hair.

Many castizo and mestizo is lighter skin but not white compare to racial German or French person. Now Greeks they are weird every Greek I have met looks like how I think Syrians are or what Moroccans and Algerian look like. Hairy as fuck to

Except that nobody is giving a fuck about your gene tests, if dont look poor, you are going to be ok.

You are picking a small exception to attack the rule.

"But what about the kid who was born in the hood and picked on" while ignoring the fact that the kid can leave the hood much more easily than the brown individuals that pick on him.

You’re demonstrating the exact problem with the idea of white privilege with this response. The idea that you can write off his entire life struggle because he’s white is exactly why a lot people will never get on board with this. Individuals are privileged and others are not. There’s an infinite # of factors that can go into the different levels of succes people have so to try and summarily dismiss the individual lives of millions of people because of their skin colour is something between clumsily dangerous and diabolically evil.

Except it is.

WhitePrivilage03.gif

Ha...you've no clue how the law functions.

You’re demonstrating the exact problem with the idea of white privilege with this response. The idea that you can write off his entire life struggle because he’s white is exactly why a lot people will never get on board with this. Individuals are privileged and others are not. There’s an infinite # of factors that can go into the different levels of succes people have so to try and summarily dismiss the individual lives of millions of people because of their skin colour is something between clumsily dangerous and diabolically evil.

Except thats not what i did?

Are you mad that there are people that have it worse at life than you do?

Weird that people who complain about victim olympics are the same people that say "we all suffer just the same" .

Guess what, you dont.

My brother's attempt to get his dream job was denied because he was a white male. That was the specific reason given by the California Department of Forestry (which is no Cal Fire). He had graduated from a fire academy. He had a four year degree in public administration. He had gone through EMT training. But none of that mattered because he was white and had a penis.

Fun fact, a Latino guy got the spot he wanted. He just had a high school diploma. So how did my brother have white privilege?

Adam Carollo had a similar story. Took 7 years to get a call from the Fire Dept. A minority girl waited like 5 days. Ha

Adam Carollo had a similar story. Took 7 years to get a call from the Fire Dept. A minority girl waited like 5 days. Ha

I wonder how many times Adam Corolla has been followed by security at a store while clothes shopping.

Or as a child how many times Adam Corolla had to sift through action figures at a store to find one that looked like him

Except thats not what i did?

Are you mad that there are people that have it worse at life than you do?

Weird that people who complain about victim olympics are the same people that say "we all suffer just the same" .

Guess what, you dont.

Its actually exactly what you did while I didn’t say any of what you’ve attributed to me. The issue isn’t what I like or what makes me happy or mad, it’s what’s effective and what is ineffective in solving problems. There are problems with inequality in America but claiming all white people have “white privilege” is completely unproductive.

It’s not good for either side of the equation and it’s a path away from equality, it’s a path away from what makes America so special and so good. The histories of America and Canada are unlike any other places in the history of the earth. The diversity is also singular. Instead of coming up with an incendiary term like white privilege, we should be focussed on actually addressing the problems minority communities face.

i find the term very racist.
You could prove to me that a higher % of whites experience MORE priviledge than those of different color, inside THE country of USA (this might not even be provable, but i accept, and even expect, that it is to some degree) and I would still say this is racism.
It is a blanket term. There are tendencies amongst other groups, when grouped by skin tone, that do not allow us to say things like ‘black criminality’ for instance. There may be a higher instance of criminality amongst people considered to have a black skin tone, but it is totally unacceptable to lump anyone with that skin tone into a ‘criminal’ class. There may be more ‘priviledged’ people of a white skin tone, but it is totally unacceptable the way this term is being thrown around, to infer that people who are ‘white’ are automatically given advantages.

Some of us, in fact many, are poor as fuck. I feel like the lefties here feel like bosses take one look at you and say, ‘not only will I hire you, but you look like foreman material’

its shit.

I wonder how many times Adam Corolla has been followed by security at a store while clothes shopping.

Or as a child how many times Adam Corolla had to sift through action figures at a store to find one that looked like him

Eye roll.. oh the oppression.

I'd rather get "followed by security..." or have to settle for a "white" action figure than wait 7 fucking years for a job opportunity. Is this the shit you simpletons use to bolster your idiotic nonsense ?!

Recently a black woman sued Wal Mart because certain black hair care products were locked up. So are razors, ffs.

I worked in N Stl for 7 years. Guess who locked up certain products ? Black business owners. What a tedious existence you must lead.

It's not skill colour (in Canada) it's class and culture.

Being denied a job opportunity because of skin color is wrong. And Corolla grew up dirt poor. His parents couldn't afford action figures.

Eye roll.. oh the oppression.

I'd rather get "followed by security..." or have to settle for a "white" action figure than wait 7 fucking years for a job opportunity. Is this the shit you simpletons use to bolster your idiotic nonsense ?!

Recently a black woman sued Wal Mart because certain black hair care products were locked up. So are razors, ffs.

I worked in N Stl for 7 years. Guess who locked up certain products ? Black business owners. What a tedious existence you must lead.

Sounds to me like an awful lot of white privilege

Back