Why are people acting like Till would steamroll Perry?

Isn't irrelevant by any means, Perry is a small WW if you compare him to who Ponzi was fighting and getting hit by, he's not going down against Perry and he's probably putting Perry to sleep, since Jouban was able to drop Perry and Jouban isn't a hard hitter at all.

Yes, when they step in the scale they are 170 lbs, so what? What matter is at fight, Cowboy was probably something like 180-190 lbs, Till was 200+ lbs, they all cut differents amounts of weight.

Perry is a good fighter, great power and very fast. But he's not top 15 and not in Ponzinibbio or Till level, this are the top strikers of WW, Perry got outclassed by a part-fighter, part-model.

#1. I've never heard anyone say Perry is a small WW. Solid 5'10 frame and jaaaaacked (joe rogan voice). He's not small IMO.
#2. I would bet you $10,000 dollars Till does not cut 30 pounds, or any fighter for that matter.
#3. I'm not a Jouban fan but that part-time fighter is 6-4 in the UFC. He ain't great but he's no can. Till was in more trouble vs Dalby (1 win in 4 UFC fights and cut), very close to being finished in fact, than Perry ever was vs Jouban but nobody ever brings that up.

We obviously just disgaree. We'll just have to see what happens on December 16th. I think Perry sleeps Ponzi.

"2 of his fights don't have wikipedia pages"

Stopped reading there. Please don't have children.

#1. I've never heard anyone say Perry is a small WW. Solid 5'10 frame and jaaaaacked (joe rogan voice). He's not small IMO.
#2. I would bet you $10,000 dollars Till does not cut 30 pounds, or any fighter for that matter.
#3. I'm not a Jouban fan but that part-time fighter is 6-4 in the UFC. He ain't great but he's no can. Till was in more trouble vs Dalby (1 win in 4 UFC fights and cut), very close to being finished in fact, than Perry ever was vs Jouban but nobody ever brings that up.

We obviously just disgaree. We'll just have to see what happens on December 16th. I think Perry sleeps Ponzi.
1 - Compare him to Cummings, Taleb and Strickland. He's small then. Overall, maybe not.
2 - He said that. I believe him, no reason to lie about it, i know by fact that a known of mine, former UFC fighter, was cutting 13 kg = 26-28 lbs. It's definitely possible to cut 30-40.
3 - I never said he's a can, but he is a gatekeeper and Perry couldn't beat him, wtf Perry is going to do with 2 better strikers in Ponzi and Till? Lol he's going to sleep..
4 - A draw due to gassing out is better than a loss by getting outclassed.

I’m hoping UFC does make this match-up. Win, lose, or draw, these guys bring it, which is more deserving of the spotlight than something fighting not to lose (like Hendricks)

Till would pick Perry apart on th feet. I like Perry but there's no way he wins a striking battle with Till. Well of course he has a punchers chance but 9 times out of 10 Till would.

Skill wise its not even close on the feet.

1 - Compare him to Cummings, Taleb and Strickland. He's small then. Overall, maybe not.
2 - He said that. I believe him, no reason to lie about it, i know by fact that a known of mine, former UFC fighter, was cutting 13 kg = 26-28 lbs. It's definitely possible to cut 30-40.
3 - I never said he's a can, but he is a gatekeeper and Perry couldn't beat him, wtf Perry is going to do with 2 better strikers in Ponzi and Till? Lol he's going to sleep..
4 - A draw due to gassing out is better than a loss by getting outclassed.

#1. Comparing a fighter to the biggest in any division and I guess everyone is small but Perry has shown he's strong. Size won't be a deciding factor in any WW fight for him IMO.
#2. I'd have to see a source. Sounds like exaggeration or rounding up. Even some of the biggest weight cutters (Tibau, Gsp, Rockhold, Weidman) haven't gotten to 30 lbs. Definitely not in the USADA/ No iv era.
#3. Again, that argument doesn't work because Till couldn't beat a guy who couldn't get any wins in the UFC and bounced out after 4 fights. He was nearly finished by a guy who isn't even a gatekeeper. He also didn't gas, he was headkicked.
#4. Perry has never even been rocked in the UFC so to assume he's going to get ko'd is just odd. Yes he got dropped but I think your smart enough to know getting dropped and being hurt are two different things entirely. He was never in danger of having the fight stopped and has a chin. It's more likely he sleeps Ponzi/Till then the other way around.

#1. Comparing a fighter to the biggest in any division and I guess everyone is small but Perry has shown he's strong. Size won't be a deciding factor in any WW fight for him IMO.
#2. I'd have to see a source. Sounds like exaggeration or rounding up. Even some of the biggest weight cutters (Tibau, Gsp, Rockhold, Weidman) haven't gotten to 30 lbs. Definitely not in the USADA/ No iv era.
#3. Again, that argument doesn't work because Till couldn't beat a guy who couldn't get any wins in the UFC and bounced out after 4 fights. He was nearly finished by a guy who isn't even a gatekeeper.
#4. Perry has never even been rocked in the UFC so to assume he's going to get ko'd is just odd. Yes he got dropped but I think your smart enough to know getting dropped and being hurt are two different things entirely. He was never in danger of having the fight stopped and has a chin. It's more likely he sleeps Ponzi/Till then the other way around.
1 - Not the biggest at WW, only the biggest WWs that Ponzi already fought. Size will play a big factor sometime in his career, just wait, he never fought a high lv grappler.

2 - http://mmajunkie.com/2017/09/darren-till-guarantees-win-im-going-to-build-my-name-off-donald-cerrone
“At the end of the day, Donald Cerrone is a 34-year-old man who is on his way out and drinks every day. I’m a 210-pound gorilla, and they should be scared because I’m not scared, and I’m going to go in there and knock him out.”

3 - Dalby did won a fight in UFC. He beat Elizeu Zaleski (if you know him, you know he is legit), had a draw with Till and lost to 2 good fighters: Sobotta and Cummings. He's no scrub and like i said it was a gass issue to Till, already fixed.

4 - Yes, he never was in danger because he yet has to fight someone who can take it and fight back.
Ponzi will be that guy and i don't see that fight ending by any way other than Perry sleeping. Could be with a RNC by Ponzinibbio or with Perry getting murked standing.
Probably will be similar to Cerrone-Till, the bigger guy take his time and picks the small man apart, going for the KO once Perry is hurt. Perry has 11 fights, 5 at UFC, not enough experience to fight these type of guys, they are the real ones and aren't at the end of their career like Ellenberger.

If Till finished people when he had the chance he wouldn't have that problem.

If he lets Perry hang around he is going to sleep. Perry will get on the inside and he is dangerous as fuck in the clinch. Till will taste that power and wilt
Perry relies entirely on his power and physicality. Till works him worse than Jouban did.

I always thought that the Platinum Nation was a running gag like the Erik Silva joke started by a few other. I think a few people didn't realize it was just a joke and seriously thought Perry was for real

Agaaaain this decision talk? DAMN man i thought Sherdog was all about educated fans before becoming active here.. Holy fuck i already read that bullshit casual talk so many times i'm tired of it..

Just because a fight goes to decision DOESN'T MEAN SHIT, a fight can be a beatdown, one sided as fuck and still go to decision, Till was OUTCLASSING his opponents, totally playing with them, showboating, and he still won clearly all his fights BUT the one against Nicolas Dalby.

Now lets see that one. First of all he dominated r1 and r2, then he gassed out (already fixed it) and r3 was a 10-8. Doesn't diminish him, because Dalby is a great fighter too! "Hur dur Dalby got axed from UFC, how he is good?". You dumb fuck. He lost to Sobotta and Cummings, both legit and well rounded fighters. Dalby was 12 or 13-0 before fighting TIll and he was coming off a win over Elizeu Zaleski (legit fighter, high level striking).

Perry competition has been much worse than Till's (Bojan is another very good fighter) and you can relax, Platinum won't be murked by Till because he's losing to Ponzinibio.

My favorite part of your post is when you called him a dumb fuck.

That was awesome.

till is a beast. tough fight for perry

How though? Ok he didn't beat Alan Jouban. Darren Till didn't beat Nicolas Dalby. That's even in my book. Other than Jouban he has violently finished everyone he has fought.

Till getting a draw is not equivalent to perry getting clearly beaten by a male model. Your book sucks--write a new one.

I always thought that the Platinum Nation was a running gag like the Erik Silva joke started by a few other. I think a few people didn't realize it was just a joke and seriously thought Perry was for real
Yes, some guys really are into Platinum hype. It's like flat earth, most guys are joking but some tards gets lost and starting talking about that for real..Unbelieavable

Back