Why are fans so quick to jump on a trash talker bandwagon?

Maybe it also has to do with their KO ratio?

This just isn't trash talking, both Perry and Conor have a very high KO ratio and exciting fights.

The threads about Conor were justified though, he was a two weight champ when he entered the UFC. Not to mention he wasn't talking too much shit right off the bat. Perry is just a bum with a bunch of retarded trolls for fans, and has never held or ever will hold a belt worth mentioning.

You'll be on the train when you have no choice. It happens all the time

Perry has a loyal fan base because he's had 11 fights with 10 devastating KOs...he doesn't even talk trash...if anything he tries to counsel fighters like Al Iaquinta on how to behave more professionally as a fighter...

Any one who comes to the ufc and starts to talk shit, gets immediately 20 threads a day, it happend with Connor and now this Mike Perry kid. I guess you're mouth pay the bills. That's exactly what moose said, is that part of the game so important to you?

prize fighting, sports & life in general have always been this way.
Why do people act like this is something new?

One of the biggest rivalry's in sports history was Yanks/Red Sox with tons of trash talk.

MMA is fighting & of course a fight is more interesting if two fighters go after each other

Any one who comes to the ufc and starts to talk shit, gets immediately 20 threads a day, it happend with Connor and now this Mike Perry kid. I guess you're mouth pay the bills. That's exactly what moose said, is that part of the game so important to you?
sherdog doesn't really have that many mma fans left. most of the day-to-day posters are casuals who prefer the wwe-model. MMA on its own as a sport doesn't do much for them... its the storyline that gets them excited.

I get what TS is saying and I'm not trying to troll but we all have to admit how great Conor is in his stand up and the fact that 2 PPVs he main evented were this highest for UFC. Then Perry, who KOs people brutally. I think they could bring in fans with their fighting style and talent not just their persona.

Have to remember, they are running a business as well to make money.
I just wanna confirm that Platinum Nation is definitely making money from this

we just have it converted straight into bitches

o5m9TJf.jpg

They don't watch MMA because they enjoy fights and all the aspects of it, they watch for entertainment.

MMA can be a lot of things, and one of them is being an alternative for people who just don't know what to follow next. Then a trash talker pops up on their youtube recommendations and boom, they're on Sherdog the next week making threas about how he's the best fighter of all time.

Because your average person is dumb. That's why bullshit like the Kardashians and Honey Boo Boo are popular.

The perry trolls were originally making fun of Conor fans, but the people that don't understand irony bought into it.
That's why his fandom is filled exclusively with moronic memesters and the dumbest people imaginable.

If you KTFODS your opponents, I get interested.

I don't know. My favorite fighter is Demian Maia.

The perry trolls were originally making fun of Conor fans, but the people that don't understand irony bought into it.
That's why his fandom is filled exclusively with moronic memesters and the dumbest people imaginable.
I'm still a Conor fan

KGrZl9x.png

Who the fook wants to sell PPV's by being boring and plain??

We all had that mouthy guy in highschool who had a band of followers

Platinum is legit. Who doesn't enjoy seeing an exciting fighter give his all win or lose...

Back