Why are Conor's shoulders so rounded?

I don't know what Conor does that made his shoulders that rounded but it because he is probably doing an exercise incorrectly or by lack of advisement from coaches. The only difference is that we know what Cain does to cause his knee problems, or something that contributes to.

gotcha. and thanks. good thread.

Might not be that he has rounded shoulders, but when the camera is on him, he flexes his chest which draws his shoulders in.

552%20-%20animated_macro%20chris_benoit%20gif%20vince_mcm%20%20ahon%20wwe.gif

<JerryWWF>

7fd34722214288f5b82a17012d6eec30_crop_north.jpg

You would think maybe someone who is fighter who be more aware of it, but maybe its partially genetic? Idk

what-causes-rounded-shoulders.jpg

It can also be caused by doing too much chest work and not enough upper back work to keep it aligned. Rounded shoulders also increase the chances of rotor cuff injuries, especially in physical activity.

I seem to have this issue slightly, but nothing like Conors.
ztxegk.jpg

My theory is that in his early days when he was developing his power and routine, he started doing a lot of chest work and it increased his punching power, he developed fantastic "pushing power" but he neglected his "pulling power" the kind of strength you develop from being on your back in grappling, breaking down your opponents posture etc.

It is similar to Cain and his leg extensions, hard to argue with success, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to point of the imbalance.

UmfMEd.gif

Someone tell Conor to do some pull ups or something before he gets a shoulder tear and is out for 9 months.
I am the same way and had a lot of shoulder injuries :/

they dont need to be round but he got a very different chest type.
it seems that there is no seperation between his delts and chest. which I beleive is also the positive reason for his punching power

The little guy wants to look bigger so he pumps his chest out and flexes a lot. He is like a one of those small roosters pumping their chest out around regular sized chickens and roosters.

3333406301_dc71370054.jpg

I'm very confused on what constitutes as "fighter bashing" on Sherdog.

Little guys with ego problems always tend to do that gesture to make up for their height, it's sad!

I think Conor is aware of this problem and has worked on improving his posture. If you look at his early fights he is fighting almost with a hunchback posture. He stand way more straight these days. I also believe that his work with that ponytail guy in the park has helped out. I suffer from similar posture issues and have chronic shoulder and neck problems, it sucks. (Doesn't mean that Conor necessarily have any problems, but it is something to keep an eye on and try to improve on)

i think it's just ILS. i don't think he has the same posture when fighting.

ILS is a serious condition and spreading rapidly

Too much bench pressing and not enough pulling and rowing to counter balance the contraction of the pec muscles.

His shoulders are well rounded because his fighting abilities certainly are not

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back