Why are all of those 'hardcore UFC lifers' afraid to admit that UFC is entertainment just like wwe?

So the UFC doesn't script some stuff to build hype behind a fight and try and make it look like both guys downright hate each other? I'm not saying that the guys fighting are best friends or anything but consider some of the "fights" during press conferences and twitter spats, etc. The UFC totally takes pages from pro wrestling to market its fights. Hell, we all know the UFC owes its livelihood to Vince McMahon for letting TNN air the first TUF after Raw. Lol

Reminds me of when Tony Schiavone used to declare every Nitro and PPV the greatest night in wrestling. How the hell can it be great if you call it that every time?
It can be true if every time he said it, that show was better than all the others before it.

It can be true if every time he said it, that show was better than all the others before it.
Point, but if you watched those 99/2000 episodes, especially the Russo ones, you know it was a bold-faced lie.

I wouldn't go as far as saying it's "just" like WWE, but it's definitely in the same general ballpark.

It's the same in Boxing, the goal is to sell tickets.

The only reason other sports aren't like that is because they either have a league or tournament system.

Combat sports are about creating a spectacle and selling a show.

It's why they call it prize fighting.

because it's still real to them damn it

Back