Why are all of those 'hardcore UFC lifers' afraid to admit that UFC is entertainment just like wwe?

HectorG

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Why can't everyone understand that the UFC is a business and thier job is to sell tickets and ppv buys by entertaining fans? It's the same excat blueprint as the wwe. They're entertainers. At least Scott Coker has the balls to admit it.

Ufc doesn't put the number one guy vs the number two guy to see who the best is (like real competitions do) they put the two guys who will sell the most just like Vince does.

Because Vince does it better. They're ashamed that the UFC is vastly inferior in the entertainment aspect.

Why can't everyone understand that the UFC is a business and thier job is to sell tickets and ppv buys by entertaining fans? It's the same excat blueprint as the wwe. They're entertainers. At least Scott Coker has the balls to admit it.

Ufc doesn't put the number one guy vs the number two guy to see who the best is (like real competitions do) they put the two guys who will sell the most just like Vince does.
It baffles me too. I felt that way years ago. The hype of the ufc is so fake though. Their continued use of "biggest fight in ufc history", "best fight the best", and " the two greatest of all time meet tonight" is so much lies. They use these terms when we see the top 2 or 3 fight a guy not even in the top ten at times.

It baffles me too. I felt that way years ago. The hype of the ufc is so fake though. Their continued use of "biggest fight in ufc history", "best fight the best", and " the two greatest of all time meet tonight" is so much lies. They use these terms when we see the top 2 or 3 fight a guy not even in the top ten at times.
What do you expect, "Tonight, a bunch of average fighters on a card that rivals Bellator!" ?

i have been watching since ufc 1 and i am not sure what a 'hardcore ufc lifer' is but...i can say for certain a random sampling of sherdog posters does not at all equal the average ufc fan.

I agree UFC takes a lot from it's first cousin pro wrestling. But when it's boiled down, it's still a legit athletic competition, whereas obviously WWE is not.

Because they have a holier-than-thou complex they can't admit that the carnival is the carnival.

All sports are entertainment.

I also love fans who cry about 'fair' pay for dudes who have no skills apart from ones that would be illegal outside of the Octagon and spend their lives eating, sleeping and working out. A further more pathetic variant wants fighters to be paid based on 'skills' instead of butts in seats (Hunt is paid twice that of MM).

Because nobody's supposed to actually get hurt in rasslin

Um, you think going through a ladder doesn't hurt? No way to fake that. Everybody gets hurt. They generally avoid getting injured.

They are both fixed, so they have that in common. Just the UFC pretends that its still a legitimate sport. It can go fuck itself.
<3>

The MMA fan feels a certain dismissal by the culture at large, one that creates a massive inferiority complex in the minds of fans. No different than say comic book fans, the bias against them only makes them more resilient and unable to process their dismissal. This feeds a belief that ignorance creates the bias against them, which channels into a hatred of pro wrestling.

By stigmatizing wrestling they legitimize their fandom amongst themselves and deflect any negative element of their sport. Obviously the hatred of entertainment is goofy, no one thinks the NFL has an entertainment problem and they have grown men dressed in birdie and kitty cat logos.

Insecurities run deep.

Go add ESPN to your Facebook account, and look at the comment section whenever they make a post about WWE.

It's 2017 and people with small penises still want to be the first person to tell you that wrestling is fake. They're going to block ESPN if they keep posting this blah blah blah.

I always thought that I was flawed and character because it took me a long time in my life to realize that there are just all types of different people in this world, with vastly different perspectives than what I have. But now I find that I'm just one of the few that ever came to grips with that. There are a lot of people out there who just cannot understand why people like certain things that they don't, and it actually makes them angry or frustrated.

And I guarantee 9 out of 10 "UFC fans" that get angry about pro wrestling are the same knuckleheads that get pissed off when a fight goes to the ground.

I want UFC, and MMA in general to continue making money and continue being successful but at the same time I could care less if every fan like that just shut the fuck up and stopped watching.

Last edited:
who knows honestly. Most of those idiots probably don't realize there was a promotion in Japan called the UWF that promoted like the UFC....box office gold for a few years than went out of business due to poor management... sound familiar?

UFC is gonna be in reeeeealll trouble in 5 years

All sports are entertainment.

I also love fans who cry about 'fair' pay for dudes who have no skills apart from ones that would be illegal outside of the Octagon and spend their lives eating, sleeping and working out. A further more pathetic variant wants fighters to be paid based on 'skills' instead of butts in seats (Hunt is paid twice that of MM).
They're obviously paid by weight.

Because most, not all but most, MMA fans think they're above wrestling fans and hate to give any kind of credit to wrestling.

MMA is a fringe sport, where guys literally fight in a cage, for not a lot of money. There's already a stigma attached to it. MMA fans are already insecure(generalizing here) about the sport they choose to follow. They don't also want the stigma of being a pro wrestling fan attached on top of it, i.e. it's fake, oiled up men rolling around the mat, etc.

Reminds me of when Tony Schiavone used to declare every Nitro and PPV the greatest night in wrestling. How the hell can it be great if you call it that every time?

Reminds me of when Tony Schiavone used to declare every Nitro and PPV the greatest night in wrestling. How the hell can it be great if you call it that every time?
Exactly

Uh, because WWE is pre-scripted drama and MMA/UFC is real competition. Just because both are businesses does not make them the same.

And yeah, most of the time the best do fight the best, regardless of any exceptional cases where a big draw gets to surpass the most deserving contender(s).

Back