Why all the photos?

Superman Elbow

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I saw a clip of the weigh in's for the upcoming Bellator event and it got me thinking...what's all the pictures for? There are a bunch of photographers taking a million pics of even the most unknown fighters, but why? I tend to think I follow a lot of MMA and I have yet to see any use of those photos. And the other question is, who are these guys reporting for? I don't think there are that many MMA news outlets, especially ones that are established enough to pay to have a photographer to a Bellator weigh in.

Recap:

Question 1
What are the photos for?

Question 2
Who do the photographers work for?

Could Bellator have hired them just to create hype?

Most photographers work per hour.. so if you hire them why not let them make a lot of pictures?

Any picture you see of a fighter is taken by these people. That's what they take them for. And they work for news outlets and the like. It shouldn't really have to be explained.

giphy.gif

This Bellator card has more star power on it than any UFC card in 2017. Why didn't you ask this question with all the pure manure UFC cards with millions of photos being taken of no names?

The pictures are for Sports/MMA publications to post along with their articles.

The photographers work for said Sports/MMA publications.

giphy.gif

I see all the flashes from cameras but what I don't understand is the sound you hear from them or one of them.....somebody has an outdated camera because my brother does that shit professionally and I've never heard his camera make that distinct sound you hear at some significant presser. I wouldn't be surprised if that sound effect is added to give that "feel" of a big event.

The more pics taken the higher the probability of capturing some real good ones.

Any picture you see of a fighter is taken by these people. That's what they take them for. And they work for news outlets and the like. It shouldn't really have to be explained.

Which news outlets? How many can there be that are big enough to need photos from a weigh in? Even at the worst ufc cards there are a few hundred photographers, you really think there are a few hundred MMA outlets that are big enough they can hire a photographer for a crappy UFC?

Is this uh, a real question?

Anyway, start an mma blog and you can join in on the picture taking

Which news outlets? How many can there be that are big enough to need photos from a weigh in? Even at the worst ufc cards there are a few hundred photographers, you really think there are a few hundred MMA outlets that are big enough they can hire a photographer for a crappy UFC?
Yes. You said it yourself you see them....unless you think it's a conspiracy and inside job or ISIS

I never seen hundreds of photographers at pressers or weigh-ins

I see all the flashes from cameras but what I don't understand is the sound you hear from them or one of them.....somebody has an outdated camera because my brother does that shit professionally and I've never heard his camera make that distinct sound you hear at some significant presser. I wouldn't be surprised if that sound effect is added to give that "feel" of a big event.

It would have to be added over the P.A. & that would be easily detectable.
But interesting post & yes more & more cameras don't make that loud of a sound in 2017

They could possibly be freelancers looking to sell photos or something or hobbyists. I wouldn't imagine it's just for hype.

Sidetopic, but I wish the old K-1 events published more of their photos online. Im sure theres thousands of great action shots from K-1 or Pride sitting in some tub of old canister rolls in Japan that have never seen the internet. They also have re-mastered some K-1 fights in HD but usually you can only find the crappy VHS versions on youtube.

Back