Why aint chuck liddell training with John hackleman?

he said on helwani's show he'd give chuck any support he could even though he isn't fond of the idea of a comeback:

http://www.fightsports.tv/chuck-liddells-trainer-doesnt-like-comeback-talks/
“I don’t like it, at all. In fact, I don’t like any of my fighters to fight. I wish they were all just training at my gym and were having fun, and that’s what I started The Pit for back in 1985 and I never want anyone to fight. To me, it’s not fun, never has been,” Hackleman said.

“So, I don’t want him to fight anymore. But with that said, if he does [want to fight again] and he really has to do it in his heart, then I’m behind him 100 percent.”

Regardless of his personal feelings regarding the former UFC light heavyweight champion returning to MMA, Hackleman said he would help out and support Liddell if he was offered the chance to help.

“I’ll do whatever Chuck needs,” Hackleman said. “Whatever Chuck needs in his heart, if he wants me to come work with him for the fight, if he wants me to work his corner — if he wants me to do both, then I’ll do both,” Hackleman said.
https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/5/...ment-fight-ufc-fired-dana-white-guarantee-mma
This is probably what i was going off, but i'll admit i absolutely stretched his words further than he really went... Memory is a fickle bastard. (I probably have CTE, also, "where you at JON!?")

Look at the way Dan Henderson moved and that dude was still knocking dudes out

I'd assume he is Chuck's friend beyond just trainer and does not want to continue watching his guy get knocked out by guy's he'd have ko'd ages ago.

I'm guessing John wouldnt want Chuck to fight. Who would if you care about Chuck? The state/promoters make money, so I see why the fight is being made, but who on his side would want to see him fight, esp against Tito? WTF - he's an underdog to Tito Ortiz, and he'll never hear the end of it if he loses (Tito is favored by 2-1 or so)

Any reasonable coach would refuse to support Chuck at this stage of his career.

Who else is training out of Hackleman's these days? Court McGee still there?

Maybe he's got his hands full trying to train the next generation of fighters with that look in their eyes...

I thought Court was at PIT Elevated out in Utah? Pretty sure he doesn't make it out to San Luis Obispo to train with Hack.......then I again I don't know if Hack ever makes it out to Utah.

Back