Why aint chuck liddell training with John hackleman?

Frode Falch

Steel Belt
Professional Fighter
Reaction score
Tried to Google. Could not find any.

I honestly forgot about Hackleman. He probably didn't want anything to do with this ridiculous fight.

Why ain't you aware that Liddell's return isn't in the UFC?

John is a good dude and doesn't want Chuck permanently disabled?

All I found was an article from 2017 talking about a potential comeback. Then another article from this past may talking about how he doesnt like chucks back and forth trash talk with Jon Jones. Basically saying (without saying) Chuck has no business against a guy like Jones at this point.

Nothing about this particular fight with tito and his involvement or lack of.

On JRE it was mentioned that he thought Hackleman was too old fashioned, he wanted more modern training

He made it clear a year or so ago that he didn’t agree with Chucks talk of fighting again (this was back when chuck signed with bellator for a behind the scenes job), so I think it’s safe to say he wanted to part of this shenanigans

The short answer is because Hackleman has a conscience.

He is one of the sane voices trying to reason Chuck out of inflicting more CTE on himself with this 'comeback'.

Naturally Chuck had to filter that voice out long ago to maintain the current delusional mindset he has.

I also remember reading years ago, Hackleman saying if Chuck wants to make a comeback he would have to do it without him.
Basically saying it was time to stop for health reasons.

Tried to Google. Could not find any.

They made some mention of it on a little promo vid where his wife (?) said he's not interested in the travel to his old gym so he's training nearer his house. Whether true or excuse, who knows?

I also remember reading years ago, Hackleman saying if Chuck wants to make a comeback he would have to do it without him.

Not true at all. Hack will always have chucks back.

Hackleman didn't approve. Chuck is sensitive. Iz normal.

Chuck could train in the hyperbolic time chamber and still get KO'd stiff

He made it clear a year or so ago that he didn’t agree with Chucks talk of fighting again (this was back when chuck signed with bellator for a behind the scenes job), so I think it’s safe to say he wanted to part of this shenanigans

he said on helwani's show he'd give chuck any support he could even though he isn't fond of the idea of a comeback:

http://www.fightsports.tv/chuck-liddells-trainer-doesnt-like-comeback-talks/
“I don’t like it, at all. In fact, I don’t like any of my fighters to fight. I wish they were all just training at my gym and were having fun, and that’s what I started The Pit for back in 1985 and I never want anyone to fight. To me, it’s not fun, never has been,” Hackleman said.

“So, I don’t want him to fight anymore. But with that said, if he does [want to fight again] and he really has to do it in his heart, then I’m behind him 100 percent.”

Regardless of his personal feelings regarding the former UFC light heavyweight champion returning to MMA, Hackleman said he would help out and support Liddell if he was offered the chance to help.

“I’ll do whatever Chuck needs,” Hackleman said. “Whatever Chuck needs in his heart, if he wants me to come work with him for the fight, if he wants me to work his corner — if he wants me to do both, then I’ll do both,” Hackleman said.

Who else is training out of Hackleman's these days? Court McGee still there?

Maybe he's got his hands full trying to train the next generation of fighters with that look in their eyes...

Back