Whose most likely to be Tills opponent?

edisraw

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Here is my list.

1. Neil Magny - Very winnable for Till, Magny has done his numbers.
2. Santiago Ponzinibio- Also winnable but probably less so, def FOTY contender in the making
3. Belal Muhammad- Winnable low name value but on enough of a win streak that if he wins there is upside.
4. Jake Matthews- Same thing as Belal but even more upside if he wins.
5. Gunnar Nelson- This is a tough fight for Till, Gunni has been known to pick bigger heavy hitters apart, but it would probably be the most high profile win he could get..still real risky.

Deja_vu.jpg

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/darren-tills-next-opponent.3728783/

Mathews and Muhammad are really shitty options.

Colby, Usman, Wonderboy, Masvidal, and even Maia are way better than that. It is dumb to design the fight around getting Till an easy win.

Ponzi is not likely because he will probably headline the Chile event.

Till tweeted recently he'll take anyone ready, which if true Usman or masvidal are the most game ranked welterweights so I'd bet on one of them.

No, not Ponzi.

UFC should build them up instead of letting them face each other.

Colby needs a fight and Till has that Brazilian connection. Colby has to accept that Woodley doesn't like the risk/reward calculus and jump on this opportunity to headline a card and talk some shit instead.

Santiago is the only option. Fighting the other names you've proposed doesn't really do anything. Winner of Till and Santiago will be have next title shot.

I think Gunni. Magny would be very disappointing. Usman & Covington could be bad style match ups. Ponz will be fighting in Chile. I don’t think RDA or Wonderboy take this fight

Masvidal seems to be the name being floated around the most by mma media, so I think that's the most likely.

I think Gunni. Magny would be very disappointing. Usman & Covington could be bad style match ups. Ponz will be fighting in Chile. I don’t think RDA or Wonderboy take this fight
Why would Gunnar be a better fight than Magny? I think Magny makes more sense as he's ranked higher, is way more well rounded, has better takedowns, has fought and beat better competition.

Maybe Masvidal or even Usman.
I say keep Usman, Colby, Ponzi, and Till all away from each other for the time being. They should all be facing crafty veterans of the division like Masvidal, Lawler, Maia, and Magny to see if they really are the new breed and worth the hype.

I say keep Usman, Colby, Ponzi, and Till all away from each other for the time being. They should all be facing crafty veterans of the division like Masvidal, Lawler, Maia, and Magny to see if they really are the new breed and worth the hype.

I agree, but I wouldn't be surprised if he takes the fight.

Back