Who's your favorite boxer of all time?

RJJ was the guy during my teenage years. Holyfield was the man during my pre teens years. Floyd was of course the man during my 20s.

Thanks those are the first names that come to mind, there are plenty others like

Whitaker
Mosley
Corrales
Casamayor
Lewis
Quartey

Id have dive deep for my top 10 but

My top 5
tito
marquez
floyd
kostya
Tapia

I might bump floyd down and slide tapia there

but hagler duran sugar Manny hitman tyson lennox(i appreciated him more after he retired for some odd reason) ricardo lopez de la hoya. just to name a few

cant for get my homicidal maniac...everyones favorite killer VELERO. I really did like that guy

Ricardo Lopez was a savage. I know the little guys typically get no love, but he was a beast.

Ali

Tyson
Sugar Ray Leonard
Thomas Hearns
Joe Louis (way before my time but I study him a lot)
Mayweather jr
Finito Lopez
Joe Calzaghe
Roy Jones jr
GGG
Pac Man
Lights Out
Lucia Rijker
B-Hop

'Newer' faves: Loma, Rigo, Inoue

In short, too many sorry about that

Last edited:
Id have dive deep for my top 10 but

My top 5
tito
marquez
floyd
kostya
Tapia

I might bump floyd down and slide tapia there

but hagler duran sugar Manny hitman tyson lennox(i appreciated him more after he retired for some odd reason) ricardo lopez de la hoya. just to name a few

cant for get my homicidal maniac...everyones favorite killer VELERO. I really did like that guy
Nice you get the like for the tapia name drop.
He really was a talented fighter, and a true vato. Unfortunately that hindered him as much as it helped him. I still think he is more deserving of respect than Hamed. Much more interesting too inside and outside the ring. RIP mi vida loca

Always been Marvin Hagler and Julian Jackson for me.
After them... Tyson, Salvador Sanchez, Alexis Arguello, Roy Jones Jr., Diego Corrales, in no particular order.
Currently my favorite is probably Mikey Garcia.

Nice you get the like for the tapia name drop.
He really was a talented fighter, and a true vato. Unfortunately that hindered him as much as it helped him. I still think he is more deserving of respect than Hamed. Much more interesting too inside and outside the ring. RIP mi vida loca
My good friend worked security in Vegas for a lot of the big fights and got to know a lot of the fighters... he told me of all the guys he met, the two nicest guys were Johnny Tapia and David Tua.

JS58857986.jpg

Personally I've got quite a few.

Muhammad Ali, Mike Tyson, Roy Jones Jr, George Foreman, Naseem Hamed, Evander Holyfield among others.

Who's some of your favorite boxers?

Top 5

Ali
Sugar ray leonard
Mike tyson
Manny pacman
Arturo Gatti/roy jones/Evander

Anyone there’s no tape of or who has a funny name. Barman did a thread on those ages ago.

Naseem hamed
Sven ottke
Dizzy
Dariusz
Chris John

Any of you saying these apart from nas are trolling Americans.

I’ve enjoyed recently watching guys like Crolla who always seem to have a war.

Stuey Hall, Curtis woodhouse.

If this is a list of elite fighters

Morales
Pac
Floyd
Finito
Barrera
Marquez and his bro
Hearns
Frazier
Ali
Galaxy
Izzy
Anyone who is clearly the better boxer who has no chin
Anyone who doesn’t say jones is lying
I guess all the four kings, but I liked hearns best.
Bruno

Fighters who were on their way to greatness and then did unspeakable crimes who I won’t list
Jack Johnson for being a badass in the era he did it
Ray Robinson for the tap dancing
Dropkick off the car ;)
Tyson fury calling a ton of people gay on live tv and then turning up to his presser in a batman outfit.
Chris Eubank sr just because.

Anyone who makes you excited for fight night regardless of if you know it will be a boring fight like pac Floyd
Or you know is going to go in there and walk out the winner even if it looks like he just got beaten up by the mob.

My favorite is obvious but don’t just fill your lists with all time greats or do the opposite like consortium used to with his list of fighters who sucked balls and should never have been licensed. I mean people like jimmy smith, the guy who has a YouTube video entitled float like a blubberfly, fall like a tree, or the guy who literally tried to jump out of the ring and got flattened.

Anyone there’s no tape of or who has a funny name. Barman did a thread on those ages ago.

Naseem hamed
Sven ottke
Dizzy
Dariusz
Chris John

Any of you saying these apart from nas are trolling Americans.
What a coincidence, those are my five favorite fighters

(I actually do like Naz, John and Dariusz quite a bit)

Sugar Ray Leonard, Julio Caeser Chavez, Andre Ward

dave sands. best aussie boxer of all time. joe louis cleanest ko puncher i have ever seen. modern fighters inoue, bivol and golovkin.

I love a lot of guys and generally like all fighters but Ali is just a little bit above everyone else.
did you ever end up watching dave sands? i highly recommend his match vs olsen. unfortunately there is very little other footage apart from his ko of henry brimm.

Back