Who's the most well-rounded among the 3: GSP, MM, Bones

GSP
MM
Jones
Lol.

Could you imagine a guy like Hendricks beating the other two at their weights?

If you are one of the idiots that pretends that wasn't a shitty decision, could you imagine Johnson or jones being dominated and tapping to strikes in their prime? I can't.

1. GSP, MM then JJ. GSP lacks power that's it, nobody wants to go to the ground with GSP they think they are safe standing up, then they get hit by jabs, rights, superman punches, switch kicks and best take downs in MMA. Most people say that all he did with Diaz is take him down yet the majority of the fight was standing. In his first 20 fights he was hit less than 450 times. His technique is beyond most. MM has insane speed, he is great standing and on the ground almost as good as GSP but his super speed is really what has put him beyond the competition (IMO). JJ is just stronger than most (and a little dirty, eye pokes in almost every fight and knee kicks) His physical advantages are obvious, longest reach in the ufc, height advantage, therefore I don't translate his success to technique. I'd have a lot of fighters ahead of JJ (based on technique)

No, just a realist.

You're a hater: it's the same as a nuthugger, only the other way around :)

A realist who claims Anderson who has garbage wrestling is the most complete fighter.

A realist who claims Anderson who has garbage wrestling is the most complete fighter.

LOL, grappling is not only rasslin. Finished via submission during his champ run more than GSP.

Taking people down is overrated.

<{nope}>these nuthuggers-haters can't analyse anything rationally.

Skill wise, we now know jones performances were tainted. But even then, when he was matched up against a guy like gus who had length, he could use his advantages like he did in virtually every other one of his fights.

Mighty mouse and gsp are close. Never really followed mighty mouse fights that close. But gsps only real weakness was hos chin. I dont agree with that. He took some bigs shots over the years and came forward.

Gsp
Mouse
Aldo

His reaction to strikes is very poor. He is also kinda stiff and slow when doing any other strikes then jab, superman jab, or inside lowkick
Yeah, but he dominated most of his opponents on the ground... that was his strength. You're right in his striking analysis, but he was highly effective with those fundamentals, less the first Serra and Hendricks fights. He fucking broke the orbital bone of Koscheck with only using his jab. He was doing something right with his limited arsenal.

You don't have to be a combo machine to be an effective striker. He floored and outstruck Alves when he was the modern day equivalent of Rumble and out-wrestled Koscheck in their first fight when he was universally regarded as the best wrestler in MMA. He generally out-worked every top contender in the most stacked division during his reign.

I get why people shit on him -- he put on some really safe, boring fights towards the end -- but he was easily the most well rounded fighter of his time.

I'd go second to MM, just because of the lack of competition he's had. Jones is right up there, too, but you know, Jones and his dramas...

I have:

Jones
GSP
MM

Jones was the most well-rounder MMA fighter to fight in the octagon. GSP comes second (looked unbeatable in his prime, avenged his two losses brilliantly). I have MM third because he's fighting, imo, in a weaker division.

Cheaters don't count nor do pecks.

MM looks it but against cans. Would like to see MM fight a real contender to answer that question.

Wrestling is not important: he finished guys, and wrestlers with BJJ. He's the most complete.

That's not how it works. Wrestling an important aspect of MMA. 5 out of 8 current male UFC champions have a wrestling base. Wrestling is a reason Anderson almost lost to Chael. Wrestling is a reason Anderson lost to DC.

Anderson has elite level striking and very good BJJ. But his wrestling is lacking. He wins because he is elite in the other two departments(striking & BJJ)

It isn't necessary to have wrestling in order to win, but it is necessary to be in the discussion for the most well rounded fighter in MMA.

Rank them on who has the most well-rounded skillset for an MMA fighter.

George St Pierre
Demetrious Johnson
Jon Jones
undoudebly MM.
But size plays a good part as well, so it is kind of an unfair question.

That's not how it works. Wrestling an important aspect of MMA. 5 out of 8 current male UFC champions have a wrestling base. Wrestling is a reason Anderson almost lost to Chael. Wrestling is a reason Anderson lost to DC.

Anderson has elite level striking and very good BJJ. But his wrestling is lacking. He wins because he is elite in the other two departments(striking & BJJ)

It isn't necessary to have wrestling in order to win, but it is necessary to be in the discussion for the most well rounded fighter in MMA.

You are conflating grappling with wrestling. It's simply wrong.
It's like dismissing a good kick boxer for having weak traditional boxing.

Rank them on who has the most well-rounded skillset for an MMA fighter.

George St Pierre
Demetrious Johnson
Jon Jones
It's Mighty Mouse is more well rounded than you would think a fighter could be.
Jones is next and then GSP.

Back