Who's the most well-rounded among the 3: GSP, MM, Bones

News flash. Jones is a juicer. No comparisons can be made.

Jones + dick pills + eyepokes = Black Belt sensei of MMA.

Jones by a long margin. MM

GSP isn't well-rounded, nor good enough to be in such lists.

Submissions, punches, knees, kicks: Jones and Andy.

Everyone else is an afterthought.

What does any of this have to do with how well rounded their skills are? MM is more well rounded than GSP because he can do more inside the cage such as clinch work, subs, and stance switching.

You always look better and more "well-rounded" when you're facing less competitive opponents (and I'm not saying MM is not well-rounded. He's an awesome fighter)

The thing is... It's always easier to look good when you're fighting Ray Borg or Wilson Reis, and not a prime Matt Hughes or BJ Penn

It's not MM's fault but it's a fact: His division is a lot weaker than the LW or WW division JJ or GSP dominated in the past. It has to be taken into consideration

Last edited:
Hmm.

I'll say MM, because he's been the smaller man in every fight he's ever been in

#1 is unquestionably Mighty Mouse.

Mouse has shown a more well rounded arsenal than both Jon Jones and GSP.

Mouse has shown he excels in EVERY aspect of MMA. He has it all:

Boxing, kickboxing, wrestling, Takedowns, TDD, clinch game, transitions, submissions, sub defense, KO power, footwork, cardio, a solid chin, etc.

You always look better and more "well-rounded" when you're facing less competitive opponents (and I'm not saying MM is not well-rounded. He's an awesome fighter)

The thing is... It's always easier to look good when you're fighting Ray Borg or Wilson Reis, and not a prime Matt Hughes or BJ Penn

It's not MM's fault but it's a fact: His division is a lot weaker than the LW or WW division JJ or GSP dominated in the past. It has to be taken into consideration

By this logic, GSP should have been able to complete an armbar against Dan Hardy.

Here are some examples of the strength of the Flyweight fighters. Joseph Benavidez is a Flyweight who took a Prime BW GOAT Dominick Cruz to a split decision. That ain't weak, that's is strong competition.
tumblr_inline_ohawjwQCtr1r1yzfa_500.gif

Just because Mouse made it look easy, doesn't mean it is weak competition. Another example of how strong Flyweights are is Jon Dodson. KO'd the former BW champion.
5UpC9W2.gif

The Flyweights are BW champion proven. They aren't weak. That narrative is being pushed to discredit Mouse because he is breaking the records of MMA fans favorite champions (Anderson, GSP, Jon Jones)

I actually think GSP wins this debate.

Half the posters on here didn't even watch him during his prime so obviously they don't know

GSP can't complete an armbar. Exactly how is he more well rounded than Jon Jones and Mouse when his submissions are lacking? What does GSP have that Mouse and Jon Jones don't? Because both Jon and Mouse can wrestle, KO their opponents, and submit their opponents.

Submissions, punches, knees, kicks: Jones and Andy.

Everyone else is an afterthought.

Anderson has excellent striking and BJJ but Anderson lacks wrestling, which is where Mouse, GSP, and Jones have him beat in terms of being more well rounded.

Anderson has excellent striking and BJJ but Anderson lacks wrestling, which is where Mouse, GSP, and Jones have him beat in terms of being more well rounded.

Wrestling is not important: he finished guys, and wrestlers with BJJ. He's the most complete.

I was confused. Doesn't that make him first since he has subs diversity + KO power, while JJ only has KO power as you stated?

oh sorry, it's the opposite

Jones doesn't have KO power considering he is a LHW

GSP doesn't have the same thing plus Jones an MM have shown more diversity in their BJJ (more attempts and more finishes with different subs)

I was confused. Doesn't that make him first since he has subs diversity + KO power, while JJ only has KO power as you stated?
Yeah I don't get it either. It's like he listed them in reverse order according to his argument

Jones says otherwise

Jones looks well rounded in comparison to his peers.

When you compare him to a smaller weight class fighter, the smaller dude can do ninja shit in comparison.

But it's normal, different size, different speed so it's different style fighting cause of that.

Wrestling is not important: he finished guys, and wrestlers with BJJ. He's the most complete.

LOL. The level of delusion from Anderson nuthuggers never fails to surprise

Back