Who's the most confident fighter you've seen?

Conor
Jones
Silva
Tony
Werdum

Last edited:
When Anderson went into the Matrix it was pretty awesome

Watch the way Shogun fought in the 2005 GP, at age 24. His biggest win entering the tourney was probably Akihiro Gono yet he went out and just freestyled vs a murder's row of the proven top 205ers in the world

dan-henderson-versus-shogun.gif

shogun-vs-arona-o.gif

The dumbest motherfucker who can't see a way to lose and carries a cross while shouting on his way to the cage.

But then there was Chuck, who had a different kind of confidence, that he could KO anyone. That look in his eyes.

prime ando

he would let people hit him
thought he was invincible

But then there was Chuck, who had a different kind of confidence, that he could KO anyone. That look in his eyes.

Chuck is a great mention. Entering that Pride tourney was a ballsy move, moreso than most realize. You could argue the difference in cage vs ring and the different rulesets virtually made UFC and Pride two different sports. But fighting is fighting for certain fighters, and Chuck went in there vs the best of the best and threw hands

Recently, Conor. Prime Fedor also needs mentioned.

I'm not getting the Conor confidence when he cut weight to Holocaust proportions to fight manlets and only takes fights vs favorable matchups

I'd say Mirko was probably too overconfident. Didn't even bother training in a cage once he crossed over to UFC

That's what the pain of having your dreams crushed feels like. That's some cognitive dissonance right there where his brain doesn't want to accept that he lost in front of millions and then the guy that beat him walks by all, "Whatup, son?"

It's a bad look, but he wouldn't be where he is today if he wasn't pouring his heart and soul into his training, public appearances and fan appeal. That's what giving everything you have and coming up short feels like. It sucks.

That's what the pain of having your dreams crushed feels like. That's some cognitive dissonance right there where his brain doesn't want to accept that he lost in front of millions and then the guy that beat him walks by all, "Whatup, son?"

It's a bad look, but he wouldn't be where he is today if he wasn't pouring his heart and soul into his training, public appearances and fan appeal. That's what giving everything you have and coming up short feels like. It sucks.

That's what a ptsd panic attack looks like

I'm not getting the Conor confidence when he cut weight to Holocaust proportions to fight manlets and only takes fights vs favorable matchups
Maybe the confidence came from the size advantage and favorable match ups? Who knows. Whatever it was the dude oozed confidence during his UFC run. To deny that is ignorant.

Maybe the confidence came from the size advantage and favorable match ups? Who knows. Whatever it was the dude oozed confidence during his UFC run. To deny that is ignorant.

How confident do you have to be to refuse to defend your belt?

Fedor would show up visibly out of shape to fight guys twice his size

Conor for sure. He seems to beat people before the fight even begins.

GSP was a goat-level fighter, but he always seemed to fight out of a fear losing, he never had that "I am god" swagger. BJ had it, I thought he could take anybody who was even close to his weight in his prime. It's a major reason why he has his reputation.

Fedor would go anywhere with anyone until he got old and it got him tapped/KO'd.

If you count delusion as confidence, there are quite a few people who we know would fit too.

Fedor is still swangin and bangin after he's washed up. He gets my vote.

I'd like to hear an argument for somebody else.aybe Anderson?

Minowa or Hendo for me.

Conor had some guys beat before he stepped in the cage, kinda like Tyson

Back