Who's the most confident fighter you've seen?

BJ Penn (And I'm a hater). In the stoic train, Igor is GOAT

During Prime Andy's walk out it felt like he'd already won the fight. It was just a matter of watching how and when he finished it

When Chris Weidman fought Anderson his confidence was on another level. It's like he knew he was gonna win.

oFdXraa.png

Prime Sanchez and Lawler got a few decisions each just based off body language imo. I don't know why more people don't start smacking themselves in the head when they get hit clean seems to negate the fact that they just got hit for the judges.

What a ridiculous thread. Love him or hate him it's probably McGregor. There are only a couple guys with his confidence (and being intimidating doesn't mean supreme confidence). I love Wand, but during stare downs he was still trying to psych out his opponent. Conor doesn't need a gimmick like that because he has mentally defeated his opponent the week before they fight (on most occasions). Fedor, Bones, & Aldo are really up there as well. If you are confident you don't need to intimidate your opponent during the fight - The guys I've mentioned have known their opponents are just dead men walking way before they step into the cage.

GSP was a goat-level fighter, but he always seemed to fight out of a fear losing, he never had that "I am god" swagger. BJ had it, I thought he could take anybody who was even close to his weight in his prime. It's a major reason why he has his reputation.

Fedor would go anywhere with anyone until he got old and it got him tapped/KO'd.

If you count delusion as confidence, there are quite a few people who we know would fit too.
U had to be confident to face this as a WW...

kimo.jpg

Up until the weidman fight, I would say silva.

Many of the pride fighters had zero fear.
Mark Hunt is someone who stands out to me. So much confidence he can just hit someone and not even need to look if they are KOed.. just walks off all alpha-like.

Jon Bones Jones.

Never seen him sweat an opponent.

McGregor isn't all that confident even if he tries to look it. He seemed a little shaken before the Mendes fight and before both Nate fights.

Jones truly believes he is God's gift to fighting/martial arts.

Conor

if you're a good counter striker, you're confident.

Come on, it’s obviously Conor.

i thought that too until he fought Mendes. at the end of rd 1, you could see it in his face, he knew even if he beats Mendes, that what Chad was doing to him was not a good look.

then when he fought Nate the first time, you could see after landing all those bombs on Nate, that he had a look on his face like, "fuck me, i fucked up"

TRT Vitor is my pick.

Back