Who's the legit greatest tag team ever?

I'm gonna say the Brothers of Destruction. No real reason, though.

I have too many favourites to name a favourite, being a fan who started watching in the attitude era.

APA
Edge and Christian
Hardy boyz
Dudleys
DX
New Day
Rock and Sock

They are the ones that stand out for me, maybe not the most technical, or the legit toughest but most entertaining.

I find it hard to believe no one has mentioned DX, I know back in the day they were a stable but I actually liked HHH & HBK as a team.
I think singles stars that later join other singles stars aren't generally considered "legit" tag teams, eg Outsiders, Rock n Sock, etc. Not that Trips and HBK were ever really known as a tag team to begin with.

I think singles stars that later join other singles stars aren't generally considered "legit" tag teams, eg Outsiders, Rock n Sock, etc. Not that Trips and HBK were ever really known as a tag team to begin with.
There run against the mcmahons was quality

Harlem Heat were really really good but I have to give it to The Brain Busters.

Rock N' Roll Express were good for how much they changed the business but in hindsight later teams did the same type of style better.

Random anecdote:

I liked the APA so much when they were doing their thing, when I first created my wrestling character that I've made in every game I've played for like 16 years - when I made him in No Mercy I gave him an APA shirt and ran an angle where he got signed to WWE by becoming a semi-official third member of their team. And of course alternately teamed with / feuded against them for all eternity.

To this day I often give him a Clothesline from Hell / Farooq Spinebuster (the latter is finding its way into fewer and fewer games as time goes on, sadly).
U sound like someone I would have fun playing some n46 with

Lol @ people posting current teams. If you honestly think the current WWE product (including NXT) is good wrestling you are a mark. The stuff people list about NXT guys that they think makes those guys special are skills everyone had back in the day. It just shows the degradation of the fans' expectations.

Surprised no one has said The Rockers yet with the level of Shawn Michaels propaganda the WWE spits out these days. Rockers were actually a good team but Michaels as a single star was trash.

Lol @ people posting current teams. If you honestly think the current WWE product (including NXT) is good wrestling you are a mark. The stuff people list about NXT guys that they think makes those guys special are skills everyone had back in the day. It just shows the degradation of the fans' expectations.

Surprised no one has said The Rockers yet with the level of Shawn Michaels propaganda the WWE spits out these days. Rockers were actually a good team but Michaels as a single star was trash.

It's harder to work an audience today then it was back then. The fact that some people are able to recapture just a bit of it is a testament to how good they are.

Out of curiosity why the dislike for Michaels? What was he missing in your opinion?

It's harder to work an audience today then it was back then. The fact that some people are able to recapture just a bit of it is a testament to how good they are.

Out of curiosity why the dislike for Michaels? What was he missing in your opinion?

No heart,selfish in and out of the ring, acted like his drug addiction made him special, when the only thing special about it was that he was too weak to handle the downs that came along with it. Shiity seller or sarcastic over seller, buried better talent out of jealousy, pulled strings behind the scenes to stay on top. He's just everything wrong with the business wrapped up in one person. Even now as a born again Christian, he takes no real responsibility for the shitty things he did to other people.

In the ring he was sloppy and dangerous, but expected perfection from everyone else and would throw tantrums if they made even a small mistake.

I just can't fucking stand the guy. Great, he could do a moonsault. Scorpio was in the WWE at the same time and did a 450. Marc Mero of all people could do a shooting star press. There's just nothing special about Michaels or HHh other than how much of Vince's dick they can fit in their mouths without gagging.

THE outsiders.

Growing up I wanted to be cool as hall and Nash wee.

Steiners, Harlem Heat, 3 Count.

Road Warriors slightly ahead of the Dudley Boyz

Terry Gordy and Dr Death were a monster tag team in the early 90's as well as Hollywood Blondes with Austin and Pillman.

The Heart foundation
The British Bulldogs need a mention

But IMO honest opinion the Road Warriors are king

Any discussion about greats should really be seperated into generations.

We can't say if Lou Thesz or Bruno Samartino were better than Stone Cold or the Hulk. Or Road Warriors were better than the Rock n Roll Express.

Ive seen a lot of great wrestling from the past but it's so fucking hokey. Wonderful shit but Georgia wrestling looks like an Ewok Star Wars Xmas Party vs The Force Awakens compared to a shit episode of NXT. Not shitting on the performs but everything evolves. And I'm sure the Midnight Express would be a great heel team in the current era. And New Day doesn't deserve to be have the longest reign of tag team champs.

I never saw the Road Warriors in WCW but they were booked like Brock Lesnar in WWE which got them over huge right away but wore off quickly when they couldn't work with teams like The Natural Disasters. It's easy to get over squashing people.
The Natural Disasters where shit

#1 Road Warriors

Honorable Mentions

Hart Foundation
British Bulldogs
The Rockers
The Iron Sheik and Nikolai Volkoff.
The Rock N' Roll Express
The Steiner Bros
The Von Erich's

Earthquake could've beaten both of the roadwarriors himself.
Earthquake had a decent push then wass ralegated to a bum, its the reason he was teamed up with tugboat, they had nothing else to do with him

Back