Who's the better fighter Darren Elkins, Brian Ortega, Josh Emmett or Jeremy Stephens?

Ortega is the kind of fighter to get better as the rounds go on. He is usually losing till the third till he pulls out the finish. He is the most prominent 3rd round finisher in the UFC, probably even more dangerous than Yoel in the third.

Youre vastly underrating Ortega.
Oh for sure maybe he is the best potential championship type of fighter but I just don't think he is there just yet, I think he could struggle when someone throws some combo's on him. Personally, I think Max Holloway is the most prominent 3rd round finisher in the UFC.

I just can’t like Elkins because of the stupid ass “the damage” tattoo. I have nothing against tattoos but wow how tacky and should have been placed on his back if he really wanted it.

Yeah that's fair but neither did Darren Till, maybe Emmett is turning a corner in his career.
I feel the same about Till--that he got catapulted too high because of the Cowboy win. Who's to say he wont be the champ, I just think beating a cold-hot-cold-hot fading Cowboy isnt that monumental and should not result in #7 spot.
In my mind both Emmett and Till are sitting too high.

jeremy stephens is 26-14 and he is 31 years old. he almost fought top ranked guys and reached his talent potential in almost 40 fights.

he lost to max holloway and frankie edgar.

he also lost to donald cerrone, gleison tibau, anthony pettis, joe lazon. but it is long time ago.

his most decent win is probably rafael dos anjos back in 2008.

i dont know if he can reach a higher level after 40 fights where he almost lost to most reasonable opponents.

i mean ngannou is 5 years in training and he is banging everything away. some guys are training 15 years and they are like soup in the octagon... some guys are training 5 years and getting a title shot.

I feel the same about Till--that he got catapulted too high because of the Cowboy win. Who's to say he wont be the champ, I just think beating a cold-hot-cold-hot fading Cowboy isnt that monumental and should not result in #7 spot.
alright we actually see eye to eye on that.

jeremy stephens is 26-14 and he is 31 years old. he almost fought top ranked guys and reached his talent potential in almost 40 fights.

he lost to max holloway and frankie edgar.

he also lost to donald cerrone, gleison tibau, anthony pettis, joe lazon. but it is long time ago.

his most decent win is probably rafael dos anjos back in 2008.

i dont know if he can reach a higher level after 40 fights.

i mean ngannou is 5 years in training and he is banging everything away. some guys are training 10 years and they are like soup in the octagon.
yeah but isn't cub sort of the same and thats where Ortega is getting most of his hype from is the fact he finished Cub, personally, I think Stephens would be Cub as well but I would doubt he gets the same momentum that Ortega got from it.

jermey or elkins are the best out of the 4

Stephens. People day ortega but hes barely won any rounds in his last few fights. Hes an amazing oppurtunist though and amazing bjj. Stephens is the most complete kickboxer out of them all, with great physicall attributes to match.

yeah but isn't cub sort of the same and thats where Ortega is getting most of his hype from is the fact he finished Cub, personally, I think Stephens would be Cub as well but I would doubt he gets the same momentum that Ortega got from it.

jeah it is similar to colby covington. colby only fought top 15 guys exept maia. he has only one decent win and waits for woodley.
but the way how ortega won against cub swanson was decent.

Elkins is the only one with a loss to one of the others. That might disqualify him, but I'll illogically vote for him anyway because he's my favorite.

Personally I think Darren Elkins, Josh Emmett and Jeremy Stephens have good chances of finishing Ortega but would all do poorly against Holloway whereas I think Ortega would be a good matchup against Holloway and would have chances to submit him, so who's the best guy within the 4 and whos next for the winner of Holloway/Edgar (let's just assume if Edgar wins there isn't a rematch).

Yair is the best followed closely by Platbum

heres how team alpha male helped elkins out in his fighting game

ortega is the best out of them, and the best in the division.

Ortega took some flush overhand rights from swanson, but he's not going to take Jeremy Stephen's right many times. Jeremy finishes Ortega in the second.

The fights I would make to sort out the mess

Stephens vs Elkins
Ortega vs Emmett

Basically wily vets and new breed battling it out. Who ever wins those fights in impressive fashion out of the 4 get a title shot, minus Emmett who would need to knock off one more top 10 contender given his weight cut issue

Back