Who's the best muay thai fighter of all time in MMA?

Jon jones has to be right up there, hasn't great hands and wins standing using elbows, knees and kicks.

Anderson has better boxing so rate him as a better striker overall but jones is up there for Muay Thai along side him.

Also Overeem too, just for the knees of death!

He doesn't want his image to get messed up by losing to a fellow Thai. Yodsanklai, Khem, and Sudsakorn fought agianst other Thais when they could've acted like Buakaw or Saiyok. Shit even Superbon Buakaw's teammate is fighting other Thais including Sitthichai who's also fighting fellow Thais and they are the top two repping Thailand in Kickboxing now at 70kg. Buakaw avoided other Thais non stop shit he even showed up to a Muay Thai event and requested not to fight with elbows agianst JWP. Which would've been a bigger deal but Tyrone Spong did it on the same card too agianst someone who was pretty much known for his elbows.
I 100% agree with the no elbows thing. I remember Wayne saying it was because he had a k1 event soon after and couldn’t risk a cut.
Buakaw has fought the best foreigners available for a lot more money than he would have ever gotten for Muay Thai and was treated horribly by por pramuk. Towards the later half of his career he’s earned the right to take easier fights and just collect money on his way to starting a camp and retiring.

Jon jones has to be right up there, hasn't great hands and wins standing using elbows, knees and kicks.

Anderson has better boxing so rate him as a better striker overall but jones is up there for Muay Thai along side him.

Also Overeem too, just for the knees of death!
Read the op. Jon hasn’t fought Muay thai

Right?! Have couch warriors posting on a Muay Thai/Thai Boxing forum, and have no clue about the martial art, don't know the history and haven't even been around mma long enough to know what Thai boxers have came over to mma through the years thus far.
We're both laughing at your ignorant ass.

Last edited:
Not even going to give me any examples.

Well, your statement about good Thaiboxers competing in EliteXC and Strikeforce means nothing if you can't back it up by naming names. Sounds more like you don't really have any examples, otherwise, why wouldn't you, if you want to prove your point.

I'm not new to anything. Been watching for better part of a decade. Just because I never bothered with EliteXC doesn't mean I don't know about the sport.

If you're supposed to be so educated, enlighten me.

Dropping all of this shit through a keyboard like it's supposed to mean something, you can't prove any of what you typed is true, why should I believe any of it?

You must be new, as I said, you must not have watched the orgs I mentioned.. I've also mentioned a very well known Thai boxer who has competed in mma years ago, already, amongst others.. no need to repeat myself, and def no need to explain Thai Boxing to me when Bunkerd is my Kru, his son Boi is one of my bestfriend's and my head mma coach, call Kevin Ross a homie, and I've trained in Thai boxing and at gyms such as Fairtex SF, Pacific Ring MA, and Fairtex Thailand since 1997, plus have trained with, or currently train with, some mentioned in this thread.. cheers kiddo.
?

This is the most tired claim. No good Thai, who isn't shot, has even seriously bothered with MMA. The closest thing would be Sagetdao, and he hasn't had a problem so far.
I was watching some ONE fights and my Youtube suggested this one.. immediately remembered about this thread & post.
Sagetdao just lost to a 21 years old Chinese kid (DEC overturned, to be clear), and looked super uncomfortable on the feet, probably because of the constant takedown threat.
Are you ready to admit i was right and this traditional MT style doesn't fit in MMA or is Sagetdao also washed up?

Anderson Silva and Wandy.

Wandy was more tradional MT whilst Anderson Silva had like an improve creative MT style.

Bunch of the guys in OneFC.

If we're going strictly UFC I'd have to say pretty much everyone at City Kickboxing in NZ. Hooker, Adesanya, and Kai Kara France are all legit as fuck.

A fighter who actually have competed in muay thai, and had success in MMA just as much if not more.

AS much as I dislike Anderson Silva, I guess it's kinda hard to say he's not the guy.
Umm maybe Valentine. Issue is that the real good ones allowed to do mma in Thailand. Where even that I doubt any top level will do it because of simple fact that lack of wrestling in culture. More would translation into boxing

Back