Who's the best muay thai fighter of all time in MMA?

The guy in my AV
Damn right. Kung fu panda!

14334320_1737700319827964_1138302287_n.jpg

10296930_414347718753212_1564723077_n.jpg

13102573_296520640679377_486680322_n.jpg

He also competed in Muay Thai to some acclaim.

Ehhh - I wouldn't say so. He's had 'muay thai' fights, but in Europe a lot of muay thai fights don't allow for elbows and unlimited clinching. Even so that wouldn't make him a muay thai fighter

Dejdamrong it's definitely a good pick but he was well past his prime when he fought at MMA, he was a MT champ like 15+ years ago, he is a 40y old man now. When Cosmo Alexandre fought at Bellator, he was a top ranked fighter facing the best competition at his weight class (thais and Petrosyan)
Didnt even know Cosmo was at Bellator, good answer

Didnt even know Cosmo was at Bellator, good answer
He's not, he was some years ago, but Bellator fucked up with his contract so he retired 8-1 with 7 win streak and went back to MT/kickboxing, he fought at Legacy too

This guy:

This, 100% this.

He's the only guy I know of who's actually competed in the Stadiums, held titles and has had a lifetime of Muay Thai.

You won't see great Muay Thai in MMA until Thailand gets more involved.

He's not, he was some years ago, but Bellator fucked up with his contract so he retired 8-1 with 7 win streak and went back to MT/kickboxing, he fought at Legacy too
Well hes definitely up there with one of the best thai boxers to have competed in MMA then

This, 100% this.

He's the only guy I know of who's actually competed in the Stadiums, held titles and has had a lifetime of Muay Thai.

You won't see great Muay Thai in MMA until Thailand gets more involved.
Agreed, there are literally no UFC fighters who are Muay Thai fighters. They are mostly K1 style strikers, hence the lack of damage in most fighters' elbow strikers. Even the knees are thrown different and from different angles. Some UFC fighters have amateur muay thai fights, I remember some guy commenting on sherdog saying that Cerrone was a world champ in Muay Thai, lmao.

He won some championship in the USA, but come on... the standard of Muay Thai in the USA is not very high; the only country which has the highest level is, surprise surprise, Thailand. I don't even understand why the likes of Zingano and Theodorou have went to Tiger Muay Thai and got some guy of the streets to beat up on, just so they can have a sort of positive Muay Thai record... it doesn't make them any better strikers. Even Barboza, he is a K1 striker at best.

Dutch kickboxing
Chute brawle
American kickboxing
Boxing with TMA kicks

This is what 98 % of todays mma strikers uses standing up. None of that is real muay thai.

Real muay thai sucks for using in a mma fight. The stance and footwork dont work. So you need to get that into your system again.

Back