Who's the best? Durant vs Westbrook vs Harden

Durant

Harden

Westbrook

You could argue Harden is the best because he did more with a sub par roster last year. KD just has size, better defense, and he has a more complete offensive game than Harden. Harden's better at 3s, drawing fouls, and driving tot he basket.

Westbrook > KD > Harden

westbrook
durant
harden

harden is really great, but his playing for and crying for a fowl every damn play inside the 3 point line, and complete lack of effort on defense, is just not something i can respect. that and his disappearing acts in the playoffs is well documented.

durant has the most skill, but he's a bitch through and through. and everyone knows all the incidents

while westbrook is short on skill compared to the other two, he makes up for in balls. plays with fire in the regular season and the playoffs.

i'll take westbrook.
Would anyone in the thread like a mulligan? I offer this freely to everyone in the thread-- democratically.

The fact I'm quoting you two is pure coincidence, I assure you.

Would anyone in the thread like a mulligan? I offer this freely to everyone in the thread-- democratically.

after a game in which westbrook exemplified everything i said about him?

nah, i'm good. its a personal preference, i dont expect or need anyone to agree.

after a game in which westbrook exemplified everything i said about him?

nah, i'm good. its a personal preference, i dont expect or need anyone to agree.
Fair enough. I didn't watch the game, but the comments I'm reading in the Yoff thread are harsh even by my standards and opinion of him.

Another first round exit for westbrick. Lol

Westbrick should have played tennis or done MMA. He should have chosen an individual sport. He is the anti Magic and Lebron. He makes his teammates so much worse. When guys leave his team they blossom.

He can never win anything because in a way it is always 1 v 5. OKC has far superior talent compared to Utah, but Utah was playing team ball and has a coach that the team listens to. Team ball > stat ball

So yes, you were correct all along. WBrick fucking sucks and will never win anything other than who gives a shit stat awards.

I can't wait until Paul George bounces out of town and is ballin hard somewhere else next year. Because that is what Brick does best, he makes good players leave.

The big difference i notice in the 3 is KD/Harden make it look effortless and easy. They are way more controlled than Westbrook who relies on the best athleticism of the 3 for much of his greatness.

I actually think Harden has the most tools/tricks etc. He really isnt super athletic. He just changes speeds, dribble rhythm, knows angles, amazing vision.

If you are teaching a young kid to ball and had to pick from the 3 to emulate i would pick Harden without a 2nd thought. KD relies on being a nimble spider long MF for much of his greatness, too. Cant teach that. He loses a few inches and he is still amazing but not what he is.

The big difference i notice in the 3 is KD/Harden make it look effortless and easy. They are way more controlled than Westbrook who relies on the best athleticism of the 3 for much of his greatness.

I actually think Harden has the most tools/tricks etc. He really isnt super athletic. He just changes speeds, dribble rhythm, knows angles, amazing vision.

If you are teaching a young kid to ball and had to pick from the 3 to emulate i would pick Harden without a 2nd thought. KD relies on being a nimble spider long MF for much of his greatness, too. Cant teach that. He loses a few inches and he is still amazing but not what he is.
I must confess he is one of the best I've ever seen at this simple fundamental. Can anyone think of a player who made better use of it?

Tim Hardaway used to be one of the best ever back in the day.

Harden
Westbrook
KD

Yeah, Durant might be more well rounded or whatever but he's also a giant bitch which knocks him down to Brandon Knight status.

Durant

Harden

Westbrook

You could argue Harden is the best because he did more with a sub par roster last year. KD just has size, better defense, and he has a more complete offensive game than Harden. Harden's better at 3s, drawing fouls, and driving tot he basket.

Wait, Harden is a better shooter and can get to the basket more often yet KD has a better offensive game?

Harden has become nearly un-guardable, the same can't be said for The Butler.

Wait, Harden is a better shooter and can get to the basket more often yet KD has a better offensive game?

Harden has become nearly un-guardable, the same can't be said for The Butler.

I am in the same line of thinking. Harden is a more complete offensive weapon than KD is. You just ISO him at the top of the key and its pretty gold. Step back, get to the hole and finish, get to the hole and distribute to the plethora of shooters around him.

I am very interested to see how Golden State wants to deal with it next round. Both teams shoot a ton of 3s but both teams do it in different ways. I think Golden State has the more sustainable system. Houston is completely reliant on what Harden brings to the table that literally no other player in the world today (or maybe ever??) has brought.

It's crazy to think that the thunder had all three of these guys on one team.

If one team acquired all 3 of them, people would be crying about creating a super team, like the Miami heat and the warriors did.

But OKC had them and let them go.

JZMY.gif

Back