Who's the best Cop in movie or TV history?!?!?

Until I saw the movie I thought in no way I would prefer Karl Urbans dread to Stallone’s but I really did like Urban Better in that part

Urban fucking killed it. I love the fact they didn't even bother with an origin story. You get maybe five minutes of voice over and it's straight into the main plot.

It's a damn shame the movie wasn't financially successful. The casting of Urban is as perfect as RDJ for Tony Stark.

Urban fucking killed it. I love the fact they didn't even bother with an origin story. You get maybe five minutes of voice over and it's straight into the main plot.

It's a damn shame the movie wasn't financially successful. The casting of Urban is as perfect as RDJ for Tony Stark.

Completely agree Urban's Dredd was far superior to Stallone's version. The Stallone version wasn't good at all imho

maybe the fire stick?!?!?!.....

I'm sure there's a way without having to buy the series on DVD

It’s not on Netflix or prime unfortunately. I like the wire too but they really lost me on season 5.

Speaking of good cop shows, true detective season 1 was amazing.

i'll check it out...

You definetly should. It’s not a continuous series, they switch the whole cast each season and I’m pretty sure they have still only had 2 seasons (but I’ve been out in the Bush a lot the last few years so I’m pretty behind with newer shows and movies)but season 1 the main characters were woody harelson and Matthew mcconahay, it’s really really good.

Completely agree Urban's Dredd was far superior to Stallone's version. The Stallone version wasn't good at all imho

I liked Stallone, and loved the first Dredd movie overall. The second one really caught me off guard with how good it was. Urban was great for the role, as @KnightTemplar just posted.

You simply can't play Dredd if you don't keep the helmet on for the whole film. It's a central part of the character. There's even one story where it's revealed Dredd has special dispensation to keep his helmet on in the presence of the Chief Judge. All other Judges must remove their helmets, but not him.

Stallone tried too hard. He bellows, "I am the Law!" during his trial. When Urban whispers it while talking over the PA, it comes across as part threat, part statement of fact.

They also nailed Dredd's extremely dry, pitch black sense of humour. For example when he, Anderson and the perp they've captured are in the elevator,

Anderson, "Sir...he's thinking about making a grab for your weapon!"

Dredd, "Yeah".

Anderson, "...now he's changed his mind".

Dredd, "Yeah".

Detective Alex across. He’s like the Jean Luc Picard of police. Calm, methodical, analytical, but savage when needed.

I liked Stallone, and loved the first Dredd movie overall. The second one really caught me off guard with how good it was. Urban was great for the role, as @KnightTemplar just posted.
I’m trying to think of a role Urban has done I didn’t like, I can’t think of one at the moment.

I didn’t really like the character in Ragnorok but you weren’t supposed too, he did a good job with it.

Damn cant believe I forgot Max Rockatansky "Main Force Patrol?!?!?!...... I'm slippin boys
upload_2018-8-19_15-35-43.jpeg

images

upload_2018-8-19_15-37-21.jpeg

.....I still want this car

Chow Yun-fat as Tequila in Hard Boiled is also pretty epic. It is an older Hong Kong movie, so many probably havent even seen it. He would straight up kill the shazbot out of Mcclain and Riggs (probably at the same time). I love Lethal Weapon and Die Hard btw, but Chow Yun-fat's movies with John Woo from the late 80s and 90s are like those movies on steroids.

You simply can't play Dredd if you don't keep the helmet on for the whole film. It's a central part of the character. There's even one story where it's revealed Dredd has special dispensation to keep his helmet on in the presence of the Chief Judge. All other Judges must remove their helmets, but not him.

Stallone tried too hard. He bellows, "I am the Law!" during his trial. When Urban whispers it while talking over the PA, it comes across as part threat, part statement of fact.

They also nailed Dredd's extremely dry, pitch black sense of humour. For example when he, Anderson and the perp they've captured are in the elevator,

Anderson, "Sir...he's thinking about making a grab for your weapon!"

Dredd, "Yeah".

Anderson, "...now he's changed his mind".

Dredd, "Yeah".

okay bro per your usual you have caused me to have a massive nerd erection (no ro)

so we need to assemble a Movie cop super squad five guys only caveat...they cant all be ass kickers.

1.Riggs.

2.Dredd

3.Murphy

4.Lt. Callahan
upload_2018-8-19_15-43-50.jpeg

5.T.J. Hooker

(I felt the need to post Callahan's pic.....in case people are too young to remember Police Academy)

I’m trying to think of a role Urban has done I didn’t like, I can’t think of one at the moment.

I didn’t really like the character in Ragnorok but you weren’t supposed too, he did a good job with it.

Actually, I think that was the single flaw with Ragnarok; in the comics, the Executioner is one of the most bad ass warriors in the history of Asgard. And his death, holding the bridge at Gjallarbru against the legions of Hela so that Thor and Balder can escape, is one of the most iconic and moving scenes in any comic book story.

Skurge was so poorly written in Thor: Ragnarok that not even Urban could save the character from being anything more than comic relief.

Back