Whos the a$$hole here? | Page 6

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by mb23100, Mar 20, 2017.

1. Ippy Ik ben Groot.

Ippy
    Dude, are you serious? Usually, I'm 100% with you in most threads, but I have to disagree heavily here.

The common house cat is p4p the best hunter in the world. Don't let the big eyes and fluffy fur fool you. They're killing machines. That cat will be fine without any bleeding heart intervention from TS.

mb23100 and Nesk like this.
  2. Cint Risen

Cint
    [​IMG]

3. Jack Reacheround Never Go Black

Jack Reacheround
    It's a kitten. And in what world is killing them all "the right thing?" You know what else would stop that cat from killing birds and spreading disease? Taking it in, spaying or neutering it, and taking care of it like a responsible cat owner. That means keeping it indoors.

XalexinchainsX, Cint and 22k like this.
  4. Brodels Purple Belt

Brodels
    Dump her. She obviously doesn't listen to you or care about your well being. And/or she's dumb as fuck,

mb23100 likes this.
  5. Zeroinnes Senniorez

Zeroinnes
    A lot of people care more about cats and dogs than people. Pretty crazy if you ask me.

Most of the time these people are comparing their pet to a stranger, though. Your woman took it to the next level. A random fleabag meant more to her than you and your allergies.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
    mb23100 and Nesk like this.
  6. RerouteToRemain Black Belt

RerouteToRemain
    It's survived so far.

TS is allergic and even if he wasn't why would he want to be a cat owner.

It is the right thing because millions of people aren't taking in stray cats. They breed pretty quickly and people continuously fail to be responsible owners.

It should be more difficult to buy animals. And certain animals like birds for example imo shouldn't be sold as pets.

Do you have like 20 stray cats?

Nesk and mb23100 like this.
  7. Jack Reacheround Never Go Black

Jack Reacheround
    TS can take one Claratin a day and be fine. And regardless of how insurmountable a task it would be to take care of every stray cat, when you find a homeless kitten, the right thing to do is take it in. Yes, some people shouldn't be allowed to buy animals. You are one of them. But that isn't relevant.

XalexinchainsX likes this.
  8. RerouteToRemain Black Belt

RerouteToRemain
    He already said that his allergy is more severe than what can be controlled by Claritin.

No I'm a responsible dog owner that got a neutered rescue.

I see stray cats like feral hogs. Population needs to be controlled. They are a major negative.

Why should someone take in a stray kitten. I actually do not dislike house cats, I know a few people with cool cats but I wouldn't own one and most definitely not take a stray in.

Nesk and mb23100 like this.
  9. skysolo Black Belt

skysolo
    You are not the arbitaruy determiner of what is the "right thing". If you think doing what is in your best interests is wrong, you are a little bit of a moron.

Nesk likes this.
  10. Jack Reacheround Never Go Black

Jack Reacheround
    Says you. See? Two can play that game. You don't have to be anything other than a moron to figure out that taking in a stray kitten is the right thing to do. And yes, what I have found in my 35 years living as a person is that the right thing is most often times not in your own best interest. If that were not true, doing the right thing would be easy, and everyone would do it. And there wouldn't be entire chapters of religious books, novels, and movies devoted to the theme of doing the right thing when it isn't in the main characyer's best interest. You would have to be incredibly stupid to think that doing what is in your best interest is the right thing by default. Unimaginably stupid as a matter of fact.

11. Jack Reacheround Never Go Black

Jack Reacheround
    Believe it or not, the stray cat population can be curbed using means other than killing them all. And there are ways of treating cat allergies other than Claritin. And I don't think cat allergies are really that serious anyway. My sister and my dad are both allergic. And we always had cats. My sister still has two or three. So it isn't severe, no matter what TS would have you believe.

12. dontsnitch Gold Belt

dontsnitch
    Bunch of ignoramuses in here don't understand how severe cat allergies can be. It can be as severe as peanut butter to someone who is allergic to peanuts.

I don't know how severe these particular allergies are, but don't just say stuff when you don't have any experience in this area.

Hattori and mb23100 like this.
  13. oldshadow Gold Belt

oldshadow
    How about a compermize. She brought it how but she now needs to find a new home for it as can't stay with you.

She saved the cat and now she should do what is best for both.

If she doesn't do that then I would say you need to think real,hard about going separate ways.

14. Jack Reacheround Never Go Black

Jack Reacheround
    Look, if it's that fucking serious, his girlfriend can find someone to adopt the cat or take it to a no kill shelter where it will likely be adopted. Someone is going to want a kitten.

15. dontsnitch Gold Belt

dontsnitch
    I wasn't suggesting to throw the kitten out the window, just that these allergies can be very severe and not simply solved by popping a Claratin.

16. RerouteToRemain Black Belt

RerouteToRemain
    Round them up and adopt them out or whatever. I don't care how the problem gets solved. The population needs to be taken care of. They likely also cause accidents running out in the road. I see them taking dirt naps from cars somewhat often.

TS makes it sound pretty serious. Who knows the ts could be making this whole thing up.

Regardless I don't think it is anyone's duty to take stray cats in.

17. skysolo Black Belt

skysolo
    How many homeless people do you pass by everyday? How much money do you give to children's hospital.

You pay your rent instead of giving your paycheck to someone in a worst situation. Aren't you acting in your own self-interests? How many times could you inconvenience yourself by helping someone else but you don't? You act in your own best interests everyday. Do you have a car? Why? Give to a single parent with a disability. You are able bodied so ride your bike to work. But you won't do that.

Get off your high horse.

Edit: I didn't mean to insult you man. You are just using an insane way of thinking. The "right thing to do" is not determined by putting yourself in a comfortable situation or a dangerous situation for someone or something else.

Track Jipper, Dogstarman and Nesk like this.
  18. mushishi A is a, a is a, should I save her?

mushishi
    How about popping two Claritin?

I think the underlying issue that caused the argument wasn't the allergy but the lack of trying to find a mutually beneficial compromise. Dude just said no. Gf countered with garage. Dude stood his ground. Dude could have maybe offered to set up a box with blanket in the backyard or something. It's extremely frustrating when the person you are arguing with refuses to budge an inch. While expecting you to give in 100%.

19. Dogstarman Old man jiu jitsu

Dogstarman
    Its not being selfish. It's a feral cat. Feral cats cause all sorts of problems.

http://www.wildlifeanimalcontrol.com/straycatproblems.html

20. Dogstarman Old man jiu jitsu

Dogstarman
    I wouldn't let a feral cat in my house, ever.

mb23100 likes this.