Who's the 3rd GOAT behind Jordan and LeBron?

I meant top 10. Just want to see all the names that beat out Lebron.
oh ffs I didnt think it all the way through when I originally stated he isnt top 10

listing ten better players than him is pretty difficult, I struggled to name 5 off the top of my head :p

# 2 is Kareem
skill wise it's Hakeem

Came here to say this... Longevity, dominance, consistency, rings, league mvps, and utter dominance of the NCAA.

Hakeem is actually top 5 in terms of skill. If we talked solely skill

1. MJ
2. Hakeem
3. Durant
4. Kobe
5. KG

Came here to say this... Longevity, dominance, consistency, rings, league mvps, and utter dominance of the NCAA.

1. MJ
2. Hakeem
3. Durant
4. Kobe
5. KG

KG? more skilled than Larry Bird? Isiah Thomas? Charles Barkley?

Bird relied exclusively on skill.
Isiah Thomas is a 6 foot PG that lead his team to 2 championship without a dominant big man, something no other PG has achieved.
Barkley was a 6'4 power-forward eating BBQ against giants. score, rebound, run the floor. poor defensively but his skills were top quality.

Of course you could start a team with Russell today. But would he be a better choice than Wilt, or Hakeem?

I'm not sure actually. Let's assume their strengths, weaknesses, skills, and effectiveness all translate to the modern era. I think Wilt would be dominate but would run into the same problems as he did in the 60s with not being able to translate that into titles. Hakeem would be great on both ends of the court. I'm just not sure if he'd be as individually effective at least offensively as in the 90s.

With Russell you're getting a guy who could dominate the game and only score 10 pts. You wouldn't have to feed him the ball or focus and run everything through him in the post. On the defensive end can dominate the boards, lock up the paint, pick up guards defensively, and close out on shooters. Offensively he can run the floor, move the ball, make intelligent passes. He could be the first point Center in the league lol. He would get a ton of offensive boards and put backs. You would expect him hustle every play and set the tone for you team every game. He would be a leader and Tim Duncan-style cornerstone to build a culture and franchise around.

Hakeem and Wilt would be more individually dominate for sure. And if this were the 80s and 90s I'd go with them. But in today's game I think Russell's strengths would really shine and translate into more title opportunities.

oh ffs I didnt think it all the way through when I originally stated he isnt top 10

listing ten better players than him is pretty difficult, I struggled to name 5 off the top of my head :p
See how dumb your first statement was?

LeFlop is somewhere between 5-10, not a chance he is number 2.

See how dumb your first statement was?
giphy.gif

yeah

1. MJ
2. Hakeem
3. Durant
4. Kobe
5. KG
Ooof this list is off.

#1. It's either Kobe or Jordan at 1 in terms of skill, EASY. Hakeem is a solid 3 for his size but he don't got the complete court to court iso, shoot off ball, midarange or ANY 3 game to be #2. Most skilled big man of all time tho.

KD is skilled but he doesn't have the footwork for a complete game. Length + skill is top notch but he's not as complete as the 6'6 SGs.

KG LMAO. I'd say Dirk is more skilled than him.

1. Kobe
2. MJ
3. Hakeem
4. ...
5. ...

Ooof this list is off.

#1. It's either Kobe or Jordan at 1 in terms of skill, EASY. Hakeem is a solid 3 for his size but he don't got the complete court to court iso, shoot off ball, midarange or ANY 3 game to be #2. Most skilled big man of all time tho.

KD is skilled but he doesn't have the footwork for a complete game. Length + skill is top notch but he's not as complete as the 6'6 SGs.

1. Kobe
2. MJ
3. Hakeem
4. ...
5. ...

Say what you want to about Dirk, but he's in the top 10 all-time most undefendable players, and maybe top 5. When a 7fter has 25ft range on his j, moves well without the ball, can play the high post, has a step back, has a fadeaway, can penetrate, and can find the open man when passing out of the double/triple teams, there's not a whole lot anyone can do to stop when he's having an on-day.

Heck Magic at #3 is a stretch since he could easily be #2.

Crazy to see KG on this list. I've been a fan since I first heard about him going to the NBA from HS as a kid. The Cavs were my "local" team, but along with Big Z(since his 97 debut), KG was my favorite player and my dad would take me to Gund arena every year when they came around. I still have my Champion replica T-Wolves jersey's/old school Slam/SI magazines from back in the day he was on them, a Highland Mint coin and numerous rookie cards. That being said LeBron is better overall, and even at PF..it pains me to say it because he was his direct rival, but Duncan was better than KG.

Hard to put anyone currently playing in the top 5 of all time.

Defense is barely played anymore, and if you do decide to be a rebel and D up, everything is a foul. Go watch a Pistons or Celtics game from the 80's and you'll see.

Ooof this list is off.

1. Kobe
2. MJ
3. Hakeem
4. ...
5. ...

Whatever advantage Dirk has on offense (and he clearly does have one) its doubled by KGs advantage on defense. I always feel like KG 2 way types get vastly underrated and people only look at offensive numbers.

Its why at the end of this era a guy like Curry will be in lots of top losts but Kawhi probably wont but to me Kawhi is way more valuable and higher level because his defensive advantage dwarfs Currys offensive one (which is pretty big too)

I'll always have Magic #2.

Created the position point forward, and won an NBA chanpionship playing center.

Does get more versatile then that.

Back