Who's someone that you can't stand but can admit is good at what they do?

"Can't stand" would be strong, but LeBron James. What I can't stand is how fans/certain analysts claim he's this basketball/business genius, but even when he is essentially the GM of his teams and gets whatever he asks for, it only ever seems to work out to the degree that it does because he's good at playing the game, not necessarily the decisions (he wants washed-up Carmelo Anthony on the Lakers even though they are doing just fine without him)...and his passive aggressiveness at times is bleh.

That said, he's no doubt, in my opinion, the most complete basketball player ever, and easily top-5 (if not #1) of all time. He also seems like a genuinely great guy and pretty altruistic. If I had a son, and he was going to idolise a famous person, LeBron would be someone I'd hope he'd choose.

I notice alotta people don't like him. Why was that?

He abandoned a kid, right?

I know someone who's father worked for him. He paid all expenses for private schools of employees, company car, company house even...but if you couldn't do something or thought it couldn't be done he'd sack you in a heartbeat apparently. My friends dad only lasted 2 years before he was like 'fuck this Im out'

I used to hate Jeremy McGrath, he was on top of the moto world back in the day. I envied his riding skill but couldn’t stand him.

In interviews and media always seemed like a prick.

I met him at the Houston Super-cross, we were walking the track at the same time looking it over (I was in the amautre class obviously) and we had a good talk about the track layout and dirt condition and Gabe me some pointers on the woop spacing and two of the banked turns from things he was seeing walking the track.

Was a totally chill and cool guy in person. I felt bad for talking shit about him for a couple of years about being a prick.

But he really came off that way in media when he blew up on the scene.

kevin-spacey-fired-house-cards.jpg

Great actor... but he's racist, and be fondling boys?

Can't roll w/ that.

Pretty sure he use to get raped by his dead on a regular basis which is why hes fucked up now

21 responses...

and I expected to see a certain quarterback by now.

;)

For bringing back a company that shouldve been dead and buried and creating a generation of skinny jean wearing, technically incompetent, apple fanboys.

Being a shit father has nothing to do with the hate, lol

For me the issue was that he masqueraded as a hippie but in reality he was a ruthless businessmen. I don’t really care I guess, I just tend to not appreciate fake people.

Tom Brady comes to mind. Has there ever been a more hated QB in NFL history? All that aside though, he’s fucking majestic on the field.

Ben Shapiro - has nothing to do with his views, but he looks like a toad and his intense focus and robotic voice weird me out.

the wife on Breaking Bad, King Alfred's wife in Last Kingdom, any actress that at really good at being smug and/or annoying

Ben Shapiro - has nothing to do with his views, but he looks like a toad and his intense focus and robotic voice weird me out.

I can't stand his ass.

He reminds me of Minkus from Boy Meets World all grown up. He is good at rallying his fan base and "appearing" like he knows what he's talking about, by talking in a fast, wordy, fashion.

Robert De Niro.

Easily one of the ATG actors but has now gone full blown SJW.

Canelo Alvarez

Pound 4 pound top 10 boxer but really don't like the guy especially his attitude after the first GGG fight where he clearly lost the fight

{<Mcgoat}
<JonesDXSuckIt>

Both seem like horrible people imo but admittedly damn good at what they do.

I hate Josh Koscheck.
HEAN7An.png

Mitch McConnell and the rest of the a-hole Republican leadership in the US Congress.

Robert De Niro.

Easily one of the ATG actors but has now gone full blown SJW.

Canelo Alvarez

Pound 4 pound top 10 boxer but really don't like the guy especially his attitude after the first GGG fight where he clearly lost the fight
De Niro is for sure an all time great but his ridiculous left wing rhetoric is changing how I view him.

Back