Who's next for Garbrandt?

Large Hound 77

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
After two clear losses to Dillashaw, where does he go next? I'd like to see him have a bangfest with Lineker... would be watching

Anyone in the top 10. He just needs a win to regain some confidence.

Screen Shot 2018-10-23 at 8.59.14 AM.png
If I was Sean Shelby, I'd probably make Garbrandt v. Rivera

Trilogy fight with TJ.

Lineker might kill him. Cody doesn't really have a granite chin, and John probably hits like some HW.

would be wild if he lost his next fight as well. would suck for his career being how fast he climbed up and got the belt.

Hard situation for him
Moving up or down will be seen as a way to avoird the snake again.
But the snake beat him twice in a row by KO, rebuilding himself and climbing the ladder again must be harsh but I cant see anything else.

Lineker would just need to land one and after seeing TJ put a massive beating on John and breaking his jaw I think hands of stone would walk through Cody’s punches and end him

Relax, analyze, then try to evolve/improve while fighting contenders. Right now a trilogy fight makes no sense.

Personally i’d like to see Marlon get the title shot while Cody rematches Cruz. I’m sure Cruz would want to avenge that loss and it’d make a rematch with TJ more intriguing assuming TJ beats Marlon while Cruz beats Cody

Cody is in a tough spot, I think the instant rematch with TJ was in hindsight just not the best move. Now his confidence has taken a bit of a hit with the back to back defeats.

Physically, I believe he has the skill set to still be elite in that division, he is a young man still with plenty of more fights in him.

He just needs a quality win to bounce back and regain his swagger.

I really like a potential Garbrandt vs Assuncao fight for Cody.

John (Lineker) probably hits like some HW.
giphy.gif

Fight Lineker.

Cody is good and his performance against Cruz was great, but his biggest win to get a title shot was probably Almeida. He never had to fight through the ranks, unfortunately for him I think he now has to

Fight Lineker.

Cody is good and his performance against Cruz was great, but his biggest win to get a title shot was probably Almeida. He never had to fight through the ranks, unfortunately for him I think he now has to
The thing about the UFC and their "through the ranks v Straight to the top" model.. It ends with the same thing. Once you've fought for the title ... you tend only to fight top 5 guys for a while after... even in cases where you've been over matched... Once you've gotten up there .. you've got tough fights back to back pretty much.

I'd imagine he gets Cruz again.

He's gonna have to lose a few more to get back to guys that throw hooks with their chin up as much as he does.

Back