Who's leading ''Fighter of the Decade'' (2010-2020 edition)

Tough tough question. 10 years is a huge span of time in mma.some fighters don't even have tenures that long. Sure we can talk RIGHT NOW, but are we talking about the highest of highs? what about 2005 pride GP shogun? Anderson Silva, Who has a horrible streak NOW but but was undefeated for the better part of the decade.
i think we group those two in the 2000-2010 discussion

Mighty Mouse.
Would had been Jones has he been doing this clean.

Jones easily has the best resume, but there is too much controversy surrounding him. I would have to say Mighty Mouse.

Weidman obviously the way he sent Silva, Mousasi, Yoel, Demian & all of the Brazil cruiserweights to the double digit rankings and other promotions.

Jones sent a bunch of LHWs to the 2,3,4 or 5th ranking. Weidman ended reigns and careers. Gus, DC & others could hold the belt and believed to be the best clean lhw.

None of Weidman's many opponents are getting anywhere near a 185 UFC/ Rizin belt.

Bisping is the GOAT half blind fighter in combat sports history

Before the drug tests it was Jones by a WIDE margin. Now it's probably gonna be Conor due to popularity by a wide margin.

It pains me to say this but Cody Garbrandt is in the running. He dethroned the divisional GOAT to win the belt and is the only undefeated champion this decade.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
bisping

cmon dj hasnt beat a single relevant fighter
He's 6-0 against the current top 10 in his division. Better than any other current champion.

Joanna is 5-0 and should be considered here as well.

I pains me to say this but Cody Garbrandt is in the running. He dethroned the divisional GOAT to win the belt and is the only undefeated champion this decade.

giphy.gif
left field but has potential, if he gets through the proving ground at 135 hes in the mix

Nobody here answered GSP (which is good)... surprising and revealing about his legacy
GSP retired in 2013. he fought only 3 years of this decade, but got 6 title defense. he obviously deserves mention, but he's been gone for most of the decade. Only reason he's not mentioned.

Back