Who'd a Thunk It? I'm doing a Gi ONLY Tournament.

kpoz12

The No Life King
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yes, Kenny "Kenmura" Alucard IV is competing in a bathrobe only event next month!

I haven't competed in the Gi for over 3 years, but have won 90% of my NoGi matches over the last 8 years. Any advice on dealing with purple belt butt floppers? I know I will flying kiumora them, but, what's hip these days in Gi?

-k

Last edited:
Didn't you beat a Fat Lardo Gracie brown in gi competition one time?

Didn't you beat a Fat Lardo Gracie brown in gi competition one time?

LOL, I have not heard that name for a long time, haha! THE LEGEND LIVES ON.

No, in the Gi I haven't competed in over 3 years and hardly ever won any matches (Lol, I've won more in Judo than Gi Jiu Jitsu!)
NoGi I've beaten a bunch of browns and a couple of black belches, but in the Gi I'm worse than a whitebelt.

Should I be afraid of the Reverse De La Worm guard?

-k

Last edited:

Probably not. Worm guard (and variants thereof) never really caught on the way people thought they were going to. I really only see a few guys going for it as a second option, after their initial open guard attacks get stuffed.

^^Cheers mate, flying Kimora it is!

PS) Today I walked 11km in 1 hour 50 mins.

Few none elite competitors use the worm guards.
You need a really good guard to set it up while defending the guard without using your hands.

Will you be wearing anything under your bathrob.

Hopefully not.

Kenny, these tips have done me well.

1. Bait with your collars. Just open them up and let your opponent get deep grips inside your collars. Once he thinks he has good choking position and grips, BOOm, you pounce.

2. Give away your tails. It's the end of the jacket, you don't really need it.

Anyhow, can't go wrong. Best of luck, Kenmura.

Thanks guys. Here's my greatest accomplishment in the Gi from almost 2 years ago,

But yeah Nedd, I was laying in bed last night visualizing baiting/giving them my collar as well. Might be time to bust out the old Alucard Flying Armbar again...lol, if I can do it Nogi with crappy grips, I should be able to do it with the Gi! But yeah, Imma make these guys play my game.

The funny thing is that over my life I've trained MORE in the Gi than NoGi, but even then, I'd be going for underhooks/overhooks, elbow clamps, and basically just doing nogi with a Gi on haha.

-k

Last edited:
no1's oPin minDED enuff 2 ask mE bout that RarE 'ketamine KALF SLICR" tHAT i hit oN teh smal BUT tUF Orange B boy etc?
i guess it Makes senses Bcuz U bathRobe Buttfloping LARPers R scarEd of leglox and etc BUT IF U opin u're MinD u mAy b cum used 2 things THAT U maY not no rite now!

-k

Last edited:
Alucard, will you please post instructional videos of secret techniques.

My one request for the video is that you film it after you've already had an intense, five hour roll with a Navy Seal combatives instructor who you tapped twice.

Make sure you're really sweaty.

Kpoz where you competing? Coming out to the big city from the boonies?

no1's oPin minDED enuff 2 ask mE bout that RarE 'ketamine KALF SLICR" tHAT i hit oN teh smal BUT tUF Orange B boy etc?
i guess it Makes senses Bcuz U bathRobe Buttfloping LARPers R scarEd of leglox and etc BUT IF U opin u're MinD u mAy b cum used 2 things THAT U maY not no rite now!

-k

Wtf...

13267771_10153755426204492_1218795841640618544_n.jpg

I have the exact same rashguard dude, it effing rules!
Def need to pick up some white rim shades to go with it! good call

You like my Shogun vs Lil Nog painting in the background?

ke9c2s.jpg

Back