Who would you like to see in the UFC Hall Of Fame?

Bisping, lol. Lost his belt to a WW.
GSP.

P.S. White should retract Faber's belt. He tried so hard to make him a champion, so when he failed he just gave him HOF instead.

Overdue: Marco Ruas, Frank Shamrock, Oleg Taktarov, Rich Franklin, Jens Pulver...
These guys not beign in the HOF makes it a joke. Meanwhile, Charles Lewis is in, because of Tapout. Nothin against the Mask, but it's a shame.

Mike Perry
Ronda
CM Punk
Conor
Artem Lobov
giphy.gif

andy wang, alessio sakara, brandon lee hinkle ect.

As much as I like Ruas, he is less deserving than anyone currently in there, even Maurice Smith.

Really though, the UFC Hall of Fame is a freaking shit show. The induction of Maurice Smith (who I like) basically means any champion or serious contender merits automatic inclusion, using that criteria.

And the absence of Frank Shamrock is beyond laughable.
Maurice was a pivotal figure back then, more than his fights.

Maurice was a pivotal figure back then, more than his fights.

I'm aware.

But if you induct him, then you automatically have to induct Kevin Randleman, Pedro Rizzo, Oleg Taktarov, Ricco Rodriguez, etc.

Now, some of those merit inclusion anyways, but the point is any notable, significant heavyweight back then gets in if Maurice Smith does.

Most annoyingly, you could even make a decent case for Pete Williams. Certainly, he beat Mark Coleman more convincingly, had the better record, better overall career, and was a better overall fighter during his peak. Sure, Maurice Smith had more influence on the evolution of fighting styles, but if that's our criteria, then we should induct Igor Zinoviev and Yves Edwards, two fighters that will likely never get in.

I'm aware.

But if you induct him, then you automatically have to induct Kevin Randleman, Pedro Rizzo, Oleg Taktarov, Ricco Rodriguez, etc.

Now, some of those merit inclusion anyways, but the point is any notable, significant heavyweight back then gets in if Maurice Smith does.

IMO the Hall of Fame should be for the best of the best. Mo Smith was a solid fighter but he is more of a Hall of the Very Good type guy for me.

in a place where a clothing manufacturer was allowed to be voted in, I don't think it is a serious nor prestigious place to be.

it only means "it made us money".
if it was an MMA HOF, I would be ok. They did help fighters, so I guess. other sports HOF's have coaches, announcers, etc. TapOut was iconic in the time. I don't know, it's like you said though, $$$ and probably who they like.

Frank Shamrock
Oleg taktarov
Tank Abbott
Rich Franklin
Miesha Tate
Marco Ruas
Wanderlei Silva
Vitor Belfort
Bj penn

I'm aware.

Most annoyingly, you could even make a decent case for Pete Williams. Certainly, he beat Mark Coleman more convincingly, had the better record, better overall career, and was a better overall fighter during his peak. Sure, Maurice Smith had more influence on the evolution of fighting styles, but if that's our criteria, then we should induct Igor Zinoviev and Yves Edwards, two fighters that will likely never get in.
IMO the Hall of Fame should be for the best of the best. Mo Smith was a solid fighter but he is more of a Hall of the Very Good type guy for me.

Some dudes will be there one day, not so much coz of their record or performances in the cage (Tank for instance)...

Maurice had a good career, some great performances, some problematic ones (wins over Marco Huas due
to the Brazilian´s nagging injuries)...
But most of all: he was a pivotal figure, created an historical team with Frank & TK (cross-training) and was one of (if not the main) the main references when it came to striking (you could see him cornering so many dudes back in the days, from Matt Hume to Hammer House etc)

Huge influence on da game.

Frank Shamrock
Oleg taktarov
Tank Abbott
Rich Franklin
Miesha Tate
Marco Ruas
Wanderlei Silva
Vitor Belfort
Bj penn

Frank Shamrock - Not until Dana is gone from the UFC
Oleg taktarov- maybe
Tank Abbott - most likely
Rich Franklin - most likely
Miesha Tate - now a VP at ONE championship....so wont happen
Marco Ruas - maybe
Wanderlei Silva - maybe
Vitor Belfort- most likely
Bj penn - definitely should be

I'm aware.

"then you automatically have to induct Kevin Randleman, Pedro Rizzo, Oleg Taktarov, Ricco Rodriguez," . I see nothing wrong with this .

As much as I like Ruas, he is less deserving than anyone currently in there, even Maurice Smith.

Really though, the UFC Hall of Fame is a freaking shit show. The induction of Maurice Smith (who I like) basically means any champion or serious contender merits automatic inclusion, using that criteria.

And the absence of Frank Shamrock is beyond laughable.

Yeah it's too inconsistent. It's also not clear how much is based on UFC accomplishments and what the "Pioneer" wing actually means. Considering who is in there I would personally put Ruas in but I can see why someone doesn't think he should be there.

I love Matt Serra but he shouldn't be in the HOF. He is Dana's boy and got that nod. Sakuraba is a weird one too.

Back