Who Would You Like The Next Wrestling Based 30 For 30 To Be About?

Discussion in 'Pro Wrestling Discussion' started by Blackjack, Nov 9, 2017.

1. Blackjack Black Belt

Blackjack
    Having Kevin Von Erich interviewed as part of a documentary on The Von Erich Family that focuses on what the main reason was for all the Von Erich suicides would make an excellent 30 For 30. The only things is, I don't see how it could equal "Heroes Of World Class" director's cut which was just phenomenal.

So I'd like to see a 30 For 30 that goes in depth on exactly how Vince McMahon was able to run all the territories out of business, especially considering how his product was often so goofy and childish. The NWA, especially Jim Crockett Promotions was so much of a better quality product with wrestlers who wrestled a far more physically demanding style and treated it as a sport instead of a spectacle. Last night even Hogan himself said Flair was "10 times better" then Hogan was. Crockett was much more adult oriented in the 80s than the WWF was and the emphasis was on quality matches rather than big steroid freaks who made WWF the spectacle it was but lacked the flexibility and in general, the talent to wrestle. The Ultimate Warrior is the ultimate example of this.

How did Vince get so much money to be able to attack all the NWA territories as well as The AWA? Something just doesn't add up there. Sure the northeast is the most populous area of the country and the most affluent, but that alone doesn't explain Vince having THAT much money to be able to wage war on so many territories at once.

For a 30 For 30 on another single wrestler, I think they could do an excellent job on Terry Funk - The Hardcore Legend and one of the only brothers to both have been NWA World Heavyweight Champions. In a business as cutthroat as wrestling it's very unusual to come across a wrestler that seemingly nobody has a bad thing to say about but Terry is one of the very few along with The Undertaker and Harley Race who both would also be excellent subjects for a 30 For 30 as well.

2. gspieler Red Belt

gspieler
    Too many to name them all...
    Bret
    Hogan
    Piper
    Hall
    Michaels
    Roddy
    Taker

3. gspieler Red Belt

gspieler
    As far as Vince ended up on top, they explained(to a degree) in the Flair 30F30. Vince marketed it as a kid-friendly product(which translates to mercy sales, gate revenue, etc), and was the first to make a serious attempt going national(eg ppv model). The territories were still stuck in their old-school mentality, where guys would go watch a fight after work. Wrestling used to be what mma is now.

4. Good Ole Stannis's BBQ Brown Belt

Good Ole Stannis's BBQ
    i could be wrong but I thought that the Von Erichs had one a few years back. You kind of have to take what hogan says in interviews with a grain of salt. I laughed at someone saying that he found a way to get himself the most tv time. He's doing a lot of wwe asskissing right now. I'd like to see a Bruno sammartino one.

GSPSAKU likes this.
  5. gspieler Red Belt

gspieler
    Yeah, Hogan is an obvious opportunist. He's going yo say whatever he thinks will make him look good at that particular time. That said; he was right. Flair is 10x the better worker. In spite of that, Hogan's impact on the business is undeniable.

GSPSAKU likes this.
  6. Good Ole Stannis's BBQ Brown Belt

Good Ole Stannis's BBQ
    Beats a documentary full of people like Bruno and Hart saying they think he was overrated I guess. In ring sure but I don't think hogan puts much stock in that anyway.

Dusty Rhodes likes this.
  7. sangreporsangre Silver Belt

sangreporsangre
    I could see them doing a Benoit one, I don't know if Vince would let them use any footage of him though.

sleepwalk likes this.
  8. Falsedawn Killer of Gimmicks

Falsedawn
    -Best to Ever Do It: The Mitsuharu Misawa Story

-A Day In The Life of Minoru Suzuki

9. Goatenstein Brown Belt

Goatenstein
    Bob Holly

10. gspieler Red Belt

gspieler
    Subtitled "Paying the Dues".

Last edited: Nov 9, 2017
  11. Ozymandias The Negan Belt

Ozymandias
    Benoit would be interesting.

I'd like to see one on Dusty.

Dusty Rhodes likes this.
  12. GSPSAKU Purple Belt

GSPSAKU
    Correct, a 30 for 30 was already done on the Von Erich's.

Two I would like to see is the bit more behind the scenes of Vince taking over the entire US and wiping out the territories from '83-'89, especially the NWA/JCP wars of the mid/late 80s. But this would only be interesting if Vince was completely honest and candid, which I highly doubt.

The second would be a Bret Hart/Hart Family focus, the trials and tribulations the entire family went through. What a tragic piece yet what a complete circus it was. The rise of Stampede, the entire family where all boys were either wrestlers, promoters, or referees and all the girls married wrestlers. Then include the buyout to Vince, the fallout between family members, Bret and Owen making it causing more strife, the marriage dissolution/affairs between Davey, Diana, Andrea, and Bruce, to the death of Davey, Owen, Helen the patriarch, to Bret's stroke and retirement, to Stu's passing, to the rise of the next generation of Harts and that's not even including the fuck up that is Teddy Hart. Nvm, not sure I want to see it anymore.

On that note, there is one autobiography that I want more than any other one and that would be Vince's; the only caveat would be that it would have to be a legit shoot where Vince does not try to work everyone over and paint over everything. Too bad it will never happen

13. sleepwalk pork roll, egg and cheese belt

sleepwalk
    I can see the commercial with voice over now:
    "When one of the most sensational deaths in pro wrestling history ended a career that was even more outrageous."
    Bruiser Brody: Let's Talk Business

14. Thrawn33 JUST BLEED Belt

Thrawn33
  15. ThunderL1ps Black Belt

ThunderL1ps
    Vince verses the wrestling business is probably the one to make -- although he was already in the XFL 30 for 30 and covered to some extent. The unauthorized biography of McMahon "Sex, Lies and Headlocks" was written by ESPN writers.

Hogan is the only other compelling figure. All those other guys are jabronis.

16. stato Purple Belt

stato
    Vince.

But only if he -and the other guests- could actually be open and honest.

It won't happen while he still owns the company though.

He'd hold back, not wanting to not tarnish the company.
    Other people in the industry would either have burned their bridges and hold a grudge(and therefore not be credible) or not want to piss him off and ruin their careers/legacy by saying something bad about him.

17. mmamxfan White Belt

mmamxfan
    Brutus "The Barber" Beefcake
    The Hardy Bros
    Snuka
    Dino Bravo

Dusty Rhodes likes this.
  18. warriorscomeout Silver Belt

warriorscomeout
    Piper is 100x more interesting than Hogan or even Flair.

19. GSPSAKU Purple Belt

GSPSAKU
    Would love one on Brody although I doubt it would be very honest since Brody is dead therefore they'd likely paint a much more positive picture of Brody. It was a tragedy and travesty what happened and how Jose never served any time but as many wrestlers will, and have said on record, it was only a matter of time unfortunately

20. Count Zero Cosme Fulanito belt

Count Zero
    Besides ones already mentioned in here: Kazuchika Okada. It would basically detail NJPW's resurgence from its darkest days (Bob Sapp as champ lol) and its rise to be a real global #2, and its aspirations on the Western market, with him as the face of their growth/expansion.