Who would win this fight ?

vdesire

Reaction score
BJ Penn with a spear against Frank Mir with a switchblade.

BJ would need to utilise the length of the spear and keep Mir at a distance, giving quick jabs and thrusts. Mir would need to close the distance and use his bigger size to smother BJ and be able to make use of the switch blade. BJ must be careful not to let Mir grab the spear and hence be able to close the distance on him. If taken down BJ must just get up asap and not try and engage in a grappling match, the spear is of no use there. For me it's all about who can work the distance most effectively.

855.gif

It took you 8 years to make this your first post?

BJ would probably go to decision anyway....

The chances of this fight even happening, between Mirs drug tests and BJs training camp, are so slim it's not worth analyzing

It cam about from having tried grappling with pretend weapons. It changes the whole game if the guy on top can whip a knife out his wasteband and stab you. Even just a short piece of wood is a huge advantage for choking them etc. I then wondered if you stepped that up another gear to other weapons what might transpire. Also different weapons was more interesting I thought rather than say spear v spear.

It cam about from having tried grappling with pretend weapons. It changes the whole game if the guy on top can whip a knife out his wasteband and stab you. Even just a short piece of wood is a huge advantage for choking them etc. I then wondered if you stepped that up another gear to other weapons what might transpire. Also different weapons was more interesting I thought rather than say spear v spear.
i-will-go-down-with-this-shit-gif.gif

Follow your dreams! I love you man

BJ Penn with a spear against Frank Mir with a switchblade.

BJ would need to utilise the length of the spear and keep Mir at a distance, giving quick jabs and thrusts. Mir would need to close the distance and use his bigger size to smother BJ and be able to make use of the switch blade. BJ must be careful not to let Mir grab the spear and hence be able to close the distance on him. If taken down BJ must just get up asap and not try and engage in a grappling match, the spear is of no use there. For me it's all about who can work the distance most effectively.

-40/10

TS is one of those people you can't make fun of, because karma will hit you. Keep doing your thing TS

prdfudg.gif

Mir with a blade. He is a well rounded martial artist so I'm assuming he would have done weapons training.
Doubt BJ would know what to do with the spear and Frank would close the distance then cut him up

Surely it would depend on if Frank Mir decide to fight orthodox rather than south paw ?

Back