Who would win in their prime???

I picked Cain to win.

Only a clueless moron like you would 100% write off Fujita, though. He had power, chin and wrestling.

Fedor lost to Bigfoot 10 or 11 years into his career. Cain also has 2 losses in 11 years and he has only 1/3 of the amount of fights Fedor has. Cain has already declined. Can't even fight anymore. Cain and JDS had a shorter prime than Fedor.

JDS has a WAY BETTER RESUME than Fedora and this is not even debatable:
Werdum (top 3 all time HW)
Cain (former HW Champ and perennial top 5 HW)
Stipe (current HW Champ and on an absolute tear)
Cro Cop (top 5 all time HW)
Hunt, MIr, Rothwell, Carwin, Nelson, and Struve.

AND

Cain is not yet out of his prime, he has just been injury prone. I hope he makes it back soon and continues to dominate. He is still young enough, just needs to get healthy.

JDS has a WAY BETTER RESUME than Fedora and this is not even debatable:
Werdum (top 3 all time HW)
Cain (former HW Champ and perennial top 5 HW)
Stipe (current HW Champ and on an absolute tear)
Cro Cop (top 5 all time HW)
Hunt, MIr, Rothwell, Carwin, Nelson, and Struve.

AND

Cain is not yet out of his prime, he has just been injury prone. I hope he makes it back soon and continues to dominate. He is still young enough, just needs to get healthy.
JDS has an amazing resume. It might be better than Fedor's on paper although JDS beat Cro Cop in 2009 when Mirko was having a shit ton of surgeries whereas Fedor beat a near prime Cro Cop in 2005.

Fedor beat:
Nog 2x
Prime Cro Cop
Arlovski
Sylvia
Hunt
Herring
Coleman
Fujita

Fedor also beat Nog who beat Sergei, Werdum and Barnett all around same time.

Cro Cop beat Barnett 3x and Aleks

Fedor was on top of the HW mountain for 7 years and undefeated for 10. JDS is awesome but he never did anything like that.

Nog was also Junior's coach and corner so it is cool how Nog helped JDS succeed in the next era.

I am not talking about PEDs here. Both were/are steroid freaks.
Brock, like it or not, mostly fought in UFC, was UFC champ and had wins against 3 UFC champions.
Sapp is a guy who has more losses than wins (mma or kickboxing, your choice), most of them against no names.
14 losses in a row, I believe it is a world record in mma.

bob sapp at "i want some sexy time" modus was no joke :eek:

JDS has an amazing resume. It might be better than Fedor's on paper although JDS beat Cro Cop in 2009 when Mirko was having a shit ton of surgeries whereas Fedor beat a near prime Cro Cop in 2005.

Fedor beat:
Nog 2x Werdum is equally good win, maybe even better since Werdum beat Fedora.
Prime Cro Cop Both beat CC but I could see how you could argue that CC was better when Fedor beat him.
Arlovski Win over Cain is WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY better.
Sylvia Win over Stipe is WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY better.
Hunt Both beat Hunt, although I would argue that Hunt was much more in rhythm with his career when JDS beat him.
Herring Win over Mir is WAYYYYYYYYYYYYY better.
Coleman Carwin is better but I could see how you would say equal.
Fujita Rothwell is better win.

Fedor also beat Nog who beat Sergei, Werdum and Barnett all around same time.

Cro Cop beat Barnett 3x and Aleks

Fedor was on top of the HW mountain for 7 years and undefeated for 10. JDS is awesome but he never did anything like that.

Nog was also Junior's coach and corner so it is cool how Nog helped JDS succeed in the next era.

So ya, JDS resume murks Fedor's pretty easily.

So ya, JDS resume murks Fedor's pretty easily.
JDS, Nog and Fedor probably have the 3 best resumes on paper of any HW ever.

But Fedor destroyed Nog 2x. Nog was JDS' coach and taught him a lot about MMA.

Nobody could beat Fedor for a whole decade. Fedor showed so many ways to win.

Standing KOs.

Ground and Pound.

Submissions on top.

Submissions on bottom.

Decisions from outstriking.

Decisions from outgrappling.

I love the fact that new fighters who have actuallly accomplished things in mma get dismissed on here as overrated, not good or unproven. Yet fighters from the past that have no accomplishments or skill, who weren’t even very good in their era that had far less talent and skill than current mma get praised and overrated.

I love the fact that new fighters who have actuallly accomplished things in mma get dismissed on here as overrated, not good or unproven. Yet fighters from the past that have no accomplishments or skill, who weren’t even very good in their era that had far less talent and skill than current mma get praised and overrated.

the cain vs fujita thing? learn to read fucking troll
{<jordan}

These "who will win in their prime" threads are literally so pointless it's beyond a joke.

You do realise that asking questions like "what would win, a shark or a bear?" are behaviours of a small child right?

These "who will win in their prime" threads are literally so pointless it's beyond a joke.

You do realise that asking questions like "what would win, a shark or a bear?" are behaviours of a small child right?
tumblr_moia6vokEy1sw4meto1_500.gif

Cain would have an edge in boxing. This is amateur versus pro. Fujita would rather lose than make the right boring while the Latino wouldn't mind 13 hour labor to win the dough.

I missed the point bcoz I am not the sharpest tool in the shed.

I was watching his fights in 2002 /03 before he was a joke (my son probably is older than some posters here -.just to the age topic). Before CroCop broke him with his bone breaker.

Anyway - you re saying he was a successful fighter? Bcoz of his couple kickboxing fights and 2 years in Pride that were legit and over 10 years of being a punchbag in Organisations you never heard of, getting whooped by dudes you never heard of?

C'mon man.

No.
He was a legit challenge to the very best of the best for the first two years of his career. What happened afterwards does not change that...so why don’t you stop using that as your argument?

I'd pick Cain but I think Fujita would be a significant upset risk, no easy finish or ground domination for Cain and Fujita has power against his questionable defence.

Who takes the fight in their primes between Kazuyuki Fujita (15-12) vs Cain Velasquez (14-2)????

Fujita notable wins:
Yvel
Shamrock
Kerr
Sapp
James Thompson

Cain notable wins:
Prime JDS 2x
TRT Bigfoot 2x
Rothwell
Big Nog
Brock
Kongo

@Typrune Goatley what he stated in a recent post when talking about Fujita vs Cain:
"Cain might still get the win but maybe not. He would surely meet his equal when it comes to relentless pace, yet superior chin and a heavier and stronger guy".
I am just glad this wasn't another thread about how great Tim Sylvia was in his prime...

No.
He was a legit challenge to the very best of the best for the first two years of his career. What happened afterwards does not change that...so why don’t you stop using that as your argument?

Cuz if he did he'd have no argument lol

He has a thing for revisionist history but it never works on educated fans unfortunately for him.

Last edited:
Actually I would have loved a battle between Fujita and Sylvia in their primes.

Add in Cabbage Correria vs Iron head ....woulda been epic.

Back