Who would win: Errol Spence Jr. vs Canelo @ 160 LBs

I guess they'll fight some day. Picking a winner from today's perspective is very difficult, as they'll both keep improving. So far Canelo's resume, experience and size are clearly superior, but Spence has a few years to clean the house in crowded 147 and 154 classes and put up a thick MW frame. There's no way I'd make a prediction today, I don't think any could be remotely relevant.

Same Mosley that Pac couldnt put down?

Sure man. Canelo is throwing pillows.

Never said that but knocking out khan and smith isnt something that makes you a world killer.

Spence can take canelos punch just fine. canelo is not knocking out spence or anyone else that doesnt just stand there and bang like kirkland

and lets not forget his destruction of joseito lol

Again im not saying that canelo isnt good by any means, i think that some get hoodwinked on what is real and whats not. Canelo has a great resume and just fought a beast but lets not act like he didnt fight a bunch of bums before that GGG fight

Theres no one that canelo has knocked out that would make me think that he KO spence at any time and also vise versa but i guess will have to see, i mean it could happen as canelo has no issues fighting smaller welterweights as it is. (joseito, khan)

Last edited:
Spence is easy to hit and nobody has finished Mosley.

Why because peterson hit him like 3 times? Hes not that easy to hit. He gives away defense most of the time because hes trying to finish you. There is a difference

People at like nobody can hurt Spence

_1z6KK.gif

yep because canelo never got hurt before, shit he was hurt and running from a nobody

Never said that but knocking out khan and smith isnt something that makes you a world killer.

Spence can take canelos punch just fine. canelo is not knocking out spence or anyone else that doesnt just stand there and bang like kirkland

and lets not forget his destruction of joseito lol

Again im not saying that canelo isnt good by any means, i think that some get hoodwinked on what is real and whats not. Canelo has a great resume and just fought a beast but lets not act like he didnt fight a bunch of bums before that GGG fight

Theres no one that canelo has knocked out that would make me think that he KO spence at any time and also vise versa but i guess will have to see, i mean it could happen as canelo has no issues fighting smaller welterweights as it is. (joseito, khan)
Canelo hits hard. Its completely stupid to try and dispute this.

Canelo has no problem fighting smaller welterweights, you give the same criticism to Spence too....?

Its odd that the very people on the forum who used to throw out the “Canelo has never fought at the higher weight class against people his size” are now saying Spence beats Canelo or gives him all he can handle.

Canelo has no problem fighting smaller welterweights, you give the same criticism to Spence too....?

No because they arent 2 weight classes below spence nor were they advertised as a great fight

Spence is as big as Canelo lol.

I have no clue what youre LOL about, what you are saying has nothing to do with what im saying.

are we having two different conversations im not aware of?

I have no clue what youre LOL about, what you are saying has nothing to do with what im saying.

are we having two different conversations im not aware of?
I thought this summed it up nicely.

Look at who canelo has knocked out...his image of a puncher is exaggerated. Hes an excellent boxer but to think he destroys spence is ludicrous
I actually agree that people overrate his power a little bit. I'm a big fan but I think his power is about average, for the most part.

Why because peterson hit him like 3 times? Hes not that easy to hit. He gives away defense most of the time because hes trying to finish you. There is a difference

Resulting in being hit more often, thanks for confirming my statement.
I'm not shitting on the guy either.

I actually agree that people overrate his power a little bit. I'm a big fan but I think his power is about average, for the most part.

I think Canelo's accuracy and combos assist him in this area, building up to a finish. Agree, he isn't a supreme power hitter.

He gave Mayweather one of his toughest spar match and canelo was domintated by floyd.

He gave Mayweather one of his toughest spar match and canelo was domintated by floyd.

Let's not forget sparring is sparring and styles make fights, also he wasn't the first guy Floyd sparred that day so that's not a fair comparison.

My eyes say Spence would have a good chance against Canelo provided he's not too small. Wonder if we'll ever see it.
Spence is special and he has room to improve.
Canelo is not on the same level as Spence talent wise but I'll give it to him, he has improved along the way and it's hard to beat him.
{<jordan}

Back