Who would win: Errol Spence Jr. vs Canelo @ 160 LBs

My eyes say Spence would have a good chance against Canelo provided he's not too small. Wonder if we'll ever see it.
Spence is special and he has room to improve.
Canelo is not on the same level as Spence talent wise but I'll give it to him, he has improved along the way and it's hard to beat him.
Whats the reasoning on the part about Canelo’s talent level? Hes shown a lot more.

Thats not to say Spence wont, but right now it isnt close.

Whats the reasoning on the part about Canelo’s talent level? Hes shown a lot more.

Thats not to say Spence wont, but right now it isnt close.
The eye test. They are at different stages in their careers but to me Spence seems to have the higher ceiling as crazy as that sounds.

Canelo by tko. He is just a better boxer than Spence is right now. Spence gets tagged a bit too much not to get slept by Canelo.

Canelo by tko. He is just a better boxer than Spence is right now. Spence gets tagged a bit too much not to get slept by Canelo.

canelo aint knocking anyone out with a pulse. Who was the last guy he knocked out that was tough? fucking nodody every ko that he has are people that will stand there and take his punishment or have weak chins. I think canelo is great dont get me wrong but there needs to be a certain fighter in there for him to get the KO.

I think in a couple years spence would beat him

canelo aint knocking anyone out with a pulse. Who was the last guy he knocked out that was tough? fucking nodody every ko that he has are people that will stand there and take his punishment or have weak chins. I think canelo is great dont get me wrong but there needs to be a certain fighter in there for him to get the KO.

I think in a couple years spence would beat him
Lol.

I can use this argument for most punchers.

Who would Spence knockout that Canelo failed to? Who has Spence knocked out that Canelo would fail to?

Lol.

Who would Spence knockout that Canelo failed to? Who has Spence knocked out that Canelo would fail to?

shane mosely Boom

Lol.

Look at who canelo has knocked out...his image of a puncher is exaggerated. Hes an excellent boxer but to think he destroys spence is ludicrous

lmao Canelo would beat Spence even if they were the same weight

People at like nobody can hurt Spence

_1z6KK.gif

Guys I think you're over rating Spence a little too much. The guy is a great talent, but you start throwing in Shane Mosley etc., he has had a legendary career, and has never been down on the canvas. If you think Spence is more of a man than Fernando Vargas, Winky, Vernon Forrest, Canelo, Pacman, De La Hoya, Cotto, Mayweather at the times Shane fought those guys you got it all fucked up.

I like Spence too and think he’s a great talent. That said, Canelo is bigger, more experienced and far more proven at the weight. No way Spence jumps from 147 and beats Canelo at 160 anytime soon. He might work his way up and beat Crawford, Thurman etc and eventually prove himself at higher weights, but there is a lot of unfinished business left at welter.

People at like nobody can hurt Spence

_1z6KK.gif

This means nothing, I can show everyone plenty of iron chin fighters that get rocked, due to weak legs in a fight, or just taking a solid punch and not rolling with it, because of their iron chins.

Toney vs Reggie Johnson
Floyd vs Corley
Holyfield vs Copper
Canelo vs Cotto"s brother
Floyd vs Mosley

And there's more, Spence getting rocked means nothing, until he's properly tested, until then he has taken major solid punches from Brooks and others and kept coming, while not even flinching. Unless Spence turns into Terry Norris, or Julian Jackson, his chin seams legit.

Spence is to small for Canelo and to young to make 160 pounds anyway, he's going to have to grow into his natural weight class which should be, 160, in about a couple of years, so until then, we can only speculate and guess, using only limited viewings of Spence fighting at 147. But Spence is 5/10, fighting at 147, so he can put on about, 20 more pounds of lean muscle mass, just like Floyd did moving up in weight and Spence walks around at 170, so him making 160, should be no problem.

Canelo has to worry about Charlo and GGG and others instead of even thinking about Spence.

Spence has to worry about Crawford and Thurman and Garcia and Charlo"s brother and others before fighting Canelo.

There's probably a 90% chance Spence fights Canelo in 3 years at super welter weight when Spence moves up fighting for another belt and testing his ability to fight a fighter that fought at 160. By then Canelo should be roaming around at super welter weight and middle weight trying to win titles, or having one of the titles at 160, willing to meet Spence at super welter weight, until then, I can't say who wins this fight at 160, 154, because Spence just might turn into Terry Norris or Julian Jackson, Spence just gets hit to much, like a young Floyd and Terry Norris and Julian Jackson, but Floyd turned out just fine, but Terry and Julian, never learned proper defense.

This is my predictions involving Spence Jr"s career, Spence will clean out 147, not losing to anybody and then moving up to super welter weight cleaning out this division, then fighting Canelo at around middle weight and super welter weight, beating Canelo, then fighting at 160 winning titles and losing some fights, then moving up to super middle weight and winning titles and losing some fights.

So we will just have to wait for the Spence Jr vs Canelo Alvarez fight to happen in about 3 years, like we eventually had the Floyd vs Oscar fight. This seems to always happen eventually with great fighters anyway, when one great already moved up and was king, then a young great moves up and takes his crown, more then likely this will happen anyway, we fans just have to wait for this mega fight to finally happen.

Spence and Canelo are the SAME AGE! When is Spence going to be able to "catch-up to Alvarez's size"?
Just sayin', Canelo is expected to improve with every year as much as Spence, and Canelo is already ahead of Errol in the skill, experience and opponent department. The issue will be when and which one of the two begin to deteriorate first.

Back