Who would win: Errol Spence Jr. vs Canelo @ 160 LBs

Spence has better stamina and he's a better infighter. I'm skeptical that it's enough to make up for the size difference, but he has some advantages. If they were the same size, I'd favour Spence.
Absolutely, Spence is a joy to watch, Canelo's output isnt in the same league.

Spence has better stamina and he's a better infighter. I'm skeptical that it's enough to make up for the size difference, but he has some advantages. If they were the same size, I'd favour Spence.
Does he have better stamina at 160 against a body puncher equal to himself?

We are jumping to wild conclusions here.

HE has to fight thurman, then cano

?????????????????????????????????????????
Pablo+Cesar+Cano+Floyd+Mayweather+Jr+v+Canelo+kA488-ag4Pgl.jpg

??????????????????????????????????????????

Is Spence really that much smaller than Canelo though? Dude's enormous. I've heard he walks around as high as the high 160s and he's as tall as Canelo (both 5'9'') and even has a longer reach than Saul. I think Canelo takes it right now, but it certainly wouldnt be hard to see Spence win in the future.

spence walks around in the high 170s. He stated this during an interview when he fought brook.

I can't think of any version of the fight where Errol Spence doesn't win easily.

Based on canelo vs ggg.. i think errol has his hands full..those combos and the size difference .. canelo has much more experience too agaisnt higher competition. . Errol has a great background with the olympic stuff but he look very hittable agaisnt peterson and if he fights like that with canelo..canelo will get him out of there

Does he have better stamina at 160 against a body puncher equal to himself?

We are jumping to wild conclusions here.

I don't know. He has far better stamina and a much higher workrate than Canelo does at his natural weight, though, which was my point.

I don't know. He has far better stamina and a much higher workrate than Canelo does at his natural weight, though, which was my point.

While you can list those things as advantages for Spence against Canelo (at least if they were the same weight), I mean, Canelo's last six opponents have all been guys with a higher workrate than him too.

But regardless, no way can Spence do at 160 to Canelo what GGG couldn't.

Spence has looked like the better infighter against the guys he's fought. I've been on the Spence wagon for a long time, but Canelo has shown he's very good inside against elite level fighters. I haven't seen that from Spence yet.

Right now I'd have to take Canelo. We haven't seen Spence deal with someone who can roll with his power. Lamont was doing a lot of things correctly in the fight, but Spence is so damn strong and accurate that he'd break right through Peterson's guard. Canelo's defense is miles ahead of Peterson and Brook - and his face doesn't break either. That's a huge step up in quality for Errol, along with a large weight jump. Given that and the experience gap, I've got to figure that Canelo's defense & counter punching would win him the fight against a more aggressive and less-defensively minded Spence.

I love Errol Spence, but he gets hit cleanly and I am confident Canelo would counter him and land a shot Errol could not recover from. It would be fairly easy for Canelo, too. If Errol moves into the weight and gets accustomed to it properly, then I think Spence could win, but it still wouldn't be anywhere close to easy. Canelo landed great shots on GGG who rarely gets hit clean and kept his offense at a stand still, the difference is Errol does get hit clean much more often than GGG, so just imagine what Canelo would do to Spence's offense/style, on top of hurting him.

I can't think of any version of the fight where Errol Spence doesn't win easily.

Seriously?

Canelo beat Floyd on one judge's card.

He basically shut GGG out on one judge's card.

I don't see him ever losing a GBP decision to anyone, ever.

So Spence would have to knock his ass the fuck out. GGG couldn't even knock him down and no version of Spence at any weight class will ever hit as hard as GGG does.

You thinking Spence easily knocks out Canelo at 160 pounds is pure nonsense. Is it possible? Sure. Is it likely? Fuck no.

Spence doesn't want anything to do with Crawford who is a 140 pound badass but he would beat King Kong Canelo at 160 easily?

Im literally laughing reading this thread.

Either folks are hilariously overconfident in Spence or are too dumb to admit how good Canelo is.

Either folks are hilariously overconfident in Spence or are too dumb to admit how good Canelo is.
Stopping Peterson at 147 and going 12 with golovkin are not the same thing. Some of the people who seem to think he will flatten canelo think Thurman has a shot at 147. That’s a great train of thought right there.

It's beyond retarded.

I don't even like Canelo but he wasn't hurt by GGG and he wasn't outboxed Lara. Yet somehow Errol Spence who's best win is against Brook who was coming off a literal skull crushing defeat is supposed to box better than Lara and hit harder than GGG for an easy victory two full weight classes above his current weight.

It's like all of Pac's and Floyd's worst fans are picking Spence as their new idol.

No one currently at 147 pounds would beat Canelo at 160 pounds. Get some perspective you fools.

Canelo takes it, at least right now but who knows how much Spence can still improve

I mentioned this fight in another thread, and think it will be the best fight to make in boxing in 3-4 years. Let Spence get to be about 30, get a little bigger, clean out 154, and then boom.
That's if he beats Crawford.

It's beyond retarded.

I don't even like Canelo but he wasn't hurt by GGG and he wasn't outboxed Lara. Yet somehow Errol Spence who's best win is against Brook who was coming off a literal skull crushing defeat is supposed to box better than Lara and hit harder than GGG for an easy victory two full weight classes above his current weight.

It's like all of Pac's and Floyd's worst fans are picking Spence as their new idol.

No one currently at 147 pounds would beat Canelo at 160 pounds. Get some perspective you fools.
Preach. Im a huge fan of Spence and maybe in a while this discussion will make some sense, but right now its totally ridiculous.

Preach. Im a huge fan of Spence and maybe in a while this discussion will make some sense, but right now its totally ridiculous.

Yep, see how he goes at 147 and 154, then maybe in 4-5 years go up to 160?

My eyes say Spence would have a good chance against Canelo provided he's not too small. Wonder if we'll ever see it.
Spence is special and he has room to improve.
Canelo is not on the same level as Spence talent wise but I'll give it to him, he has improved along the way and it's hard to beat him.

Spence is my favorite active fighter right now but come on dude. No way Spence beats Canelo easily. If they both met at 154 right now, I'd say Canelo has the better chance of winning.

Back