Who would win: An ancient army on PEDs, or with modern day quality materials?

RayA

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Let's say for example you have two Roman armies that were identical in every way from identical generals to the number of soldiers, weapon and armor design, etc.

One army has weapons and armor made with modern day quality materials. Their weapons and armor are not different at all in terms of design, but their chain-mail and swords are steel instead of iron, plywood shields are still plywood but to modern day quality, etc.

the other army has the benefit of having access to all the modern day PEDs and are roided out to the level of the spartans in the 300 movie.

Who would you say takes this?

I literally fell asleep reading this thread. Jolted awake just now. Stupid thread

I think a Claymore would take care of a few ancient warriors storming at you.
A few drones to target their basecamp and technology won.

This thread is so dumb I'm actually kind of rustled.

I don't understand why iron would turn into steel but plywood remains plywood.

Let's say for example you have two Roman armies that were identical in every way from identical generals to the number of soldiers, weapon and armor design, etc.

One army has weapons and armor made with modern day quality materials. Their weapons and armor are not different at all in terms of design, but their chain-mail and swords are steel instead of iron, plywood shields are still plywood but to modern day quality, etc.

the other army has the benefit of having access to all the modern day PEDs and are roided out to the level of the spartans in the 300 movie.

Who would you say takes this?

Better equipment

They will have more resistent weapons/armor, and at same time lower weight to carry... wich will lead to them being faster and able to fight longer too
They was used to train with wood gladius twice the weight of a regular one, give them a version that's even lighter, sharper and harder will be like christmas to them
They was also used to bring theyr whole armor/weapons/equipment for long ass march, meaning work suddently at lighter weight will be a boost

Blades will be sharper, stay sharper for longer time and able to break enemy's weapons

Better material clothing/stripes/sandals will also offer better mobility and fuctionality

Negative effect will be (as happened) that easier life due tech will slowly soften them... theyr shitty hard life was what made them the tough motherfuckers they were

But on long run... on short time having hardened roman legionaries with suddently twice better equipment is a shit news for anybody on the other side, peds or not peds

I'm gonna go with the army armed with modern materials if A) the army is made up of baboons and 2) the materials they are armed with are boards with nails in them and led pipes.

You need to expand the "same generals" and just say two clone armies fighting one another, but one of the armies has been on PED's. The guys on PED's should have a higher skill level due to being able to train harder/longer in a shorter amount of time compared to the guys that are natural. Even with the same exact skill level, I would favor the enhanced guys because their stamina is going to allow them to keep fighting when the other guys are too tired to swing a sword or hold up their shield.

History has proven superior technology usually provides a decisive advantage.

One schmoe with a sword that doesn't break can mow down legions of roided trained killers standing around holding their dicks.

How about an ancient army just off PEDs with bitch tits against an ancient army with 3D printed plastic weapons.

Back