Who would turn down the opportunities Conor had and instead defend a title?

Not really because chad and Nate filled in. There has never been an offered title defense by Conor.
No you don't understand.

Fighting Chad gave Conor the interim belt. The real belt wasn't on the line because Aldo wouldn't show up. Dos Anjos wouldn't show up with his belt so Conor had to fight Nate in a non title fight. Brazilians tend to be scared to defend their belts against Conor

TS, do you know what pride means?

Pride? Wasn't that a Japanese org that all of these people complaining jack off to, but whose champions NEVER had to defend their belts?

Complainers? Was MMA being "ruined" when Fedor, Wand and Gomi held on to their belts for years while hardly ever having to defend them? Fedor had 3 defenses in 13 fights as champ. Wand had 5 defenses in 19 fights as champ. Anyone? No? Stfu then.

No you don't understand.

Fighting Chad gave Conor the interim belt. The real belt wasn't on the line because Aldo wouldn't show up. Dos Anjos wouldn't show up with his belt so Conor had to fight Nate in a non title fight. Brazilians tend to be scared to defend their belts against Conor
So injuries are scared now?
What’s Conor’s excuse for not defending his FW belt after losing to Nate? Oh yeah throw a retirement fit and get pulled from 200(wasting time) earning a majority decision at 202 and being awarded a LW title shot as his first LW fight in the UFC?
Lol, Conor chooses his opponents so not sure how you can call other fighters scared whom actually defended their belts.

So injuries are scared now?
What’s Conor’s excuse for not defending his FW belt after losing to Nate? Oh yeah throw a retirement fit and get pulled from 200(wasting time) earning a majority decision at 202 and being awarded a LW title shot as his first LW fight in the UFC?
Lol, Conor chooses his opponents so not sure how you can call other fighters scared whom actually defended their belts.
Yes injuries mean you're scared. That's exactly why some fighters like Chael & Conor have never pulled out of a fight. So you're saying Conor chooses his opponents? Let's see here. He chose Aldo who had the belt but Aldo pulled out like Aldo always does & Conor fought Chad on short notice.a very very high risk fight for Conor which people like you don't refuse to acknowledge. Then he fought Aldo & KO'd him in 13 sec. Then he chose Dos Anjos who wouldn't show up to fight so instead Nate had to step in & save the card. Common sense will tell you that's not choosing your opponents. That's called excepting last second replacements. That's about the complete opposite of choosing your opponents. Had Dos Anjos showed up to fight, the Diaz fights would've never taken place. When Conor picked Eddie he didn't pick a cake walk. He picked a fight no one expected him to win & once he did, the haters said he picked an easy fight

I would.

I love this sport too much.
I wouldn’t be interested in making 10’s of millions.
I’d be far more interested in defending my belt and earning the praise of Sherdoggers.

Yes injuries mean you're scared. That's exactly why some fighters like Chael & Conor have never pulled out of a fight. So you're saying Conor chooses his opponents? Let's see here. He chose Aldo who had the belt but Aldo pulled out like Aldo always does & Conor fought Chad on short notice.a very very high risk fight for Conor which people like you don't refuse to acknowledge. Then he fought Aldo & KO'd him in 13 sec. Then he chose Dos Anjos who wouldn't show up to fight so instead Nate had to step in & save the card. Common sense will tell you that's not choosing your opponents. That's called excepting last second replacements. That's about the complete opposite of choosing your opponents. Had Dos Anjos showed up to fight, the Diaz fights would've never taken place. When Conor picked Eddie he didn't pick a cake walk. He picked a fight no one expected him to win & once he did, the haters said he picked an easy fight
?????
He had the choice to fight Frankie or Mendes for the Aldo replacement and Mendes was not in fight shape. Chosen.
He Chose 11 day Nate out of camp while Cowboy was in camp and an option. Chosen.
Then he chose Nate again instead of defending his belt.
Still awarded a LW title shot after going 1-1 at WW with then ranked #6 LW

Conor is good but lets not pretend he didn’t choose his path with the full support of the UFC

I would fight Floyd for 1/10th of whatever he got paid

I'd just do the headbutt thing and see what happens

Lets be honest he probably didnt see anywhere near 100m from the floyd fight but he did get paid a hell of a lot more then he would defending that belt 3 times probably.

I would have done the same thing. Where did a legacy get aldo....nowhere he is now a 13 second laughing stock.

?????
He had the choice to fight Frankie or Mendes for the Aldo replacement and Mendes was not in fight shape. Chosen.
He Chose 11 day Nate out of camp while Cowboy was in camp and an option. Chosen.
Then he chose Nate again instead of defending his belt.
Still awarded a LW title shot after going 1-1 at WW with then ranked #6 LW

Conor is good but lets not pretend he didn’t choose his path with the full support of the UFC
Well I didn't know he turned down Frankie & Cowboy but that's really not making much of an argument. Frankie had lost to Aldo how many times? And didn't chad give Aldo more of fight than almost anyone else? It's hard to say choosing Chad would be choosing an easier opponent.

When it comes to Cowboy your only argument is that he was in camp. And honestly I think the whole Nate wasn't prepared was blown out of proportion. That was kinda proven to be irrelevant since Conor won the rematch when they were both prepared. I think Cowboy would be a cake walk for Conor.

Well I didn't know he turned down Frankie & Cowboy but that's really not making much of an argument. Frankie had lost to Aldo how many times? And didn't chad give Aldo more of fight than almost anyone else? It's hard to say choosing Chad would be choosing an easier opponent.

When it comes to Cowboy your only argument is that he was in camp. And honestly I think the whole Nate wasn't prepared was blown out of proportion. That was kinda proven to be irrelevant since Conor won the rematch when they were both prepared. I think Cowboy would be a cake walk for Conor.
Nate was injured in the camp for the rematch. If you don’t believe that then I hope you don’t believe Conor had an 80% ACL tear for Max which reoccured against Chad.
Btw I didn’t say he turned down Frankie or Cowboy simply that they were options Dana mentioned were on the table and Conor chose Chad and Nate who coincidentally were both out of shape.

Pride? Wasn't that a Japanese org that all of these people complaining jack off to, but whose champions NEVER had to defend their belts?

Complainers? Was MMA being "ruined" when Fedor, Wand and Gomi held on to their belts for years while hardly ever having to defend them? Fedor had 3 defenses in 13 fights as champ. Wand had 5 defenses in 19 fights as champ. Anyone? No? Stfu then.
How stupid can you be?.?.

No one should blame Conor, as an individual, for doing what is best for himself...especially in an unforgiving sport like MMA, and where fighters tend to be grossly underpaid.

We still be upset that the UFC gifted Conor a path to two belts that he hasn't been required to defend, for allowing multiple weight divisions to be hijacked during his forays to WW and to boxing, and for fomenting the status quo of everyone now calling for 'money fights', which has diluted the value of the belts and rankings (the Bisping situation is relevant there too).

LW, yes. FW, absolutely not. He was 6-0 at FW before knocking out Aldo for the belt.

If I identify with being a fighter I want to make sure no one else can dispute my claim as champ. If Im an athlete that happens to be in combat sports, than Im going to conor route. You cant have both. You either make sure you knock off every man trying to climb the mountain that is your championship, or you say "hey!" I got this shiny belt that helps me make more money so Im gonna do that. Conor is not a fighter, he's a d-level manlet athlete that can beat other d-level smaller manlet athletes. Fuck you btw.

Lol, homoerotic size queen alert. Conor is 5'9" 175lbs. The size of the average man who isn't a fat fuck American.

Oh so now we are telling people how much they are allowed to make.
May I go peepee now too daddy
Do you wan’t some sherdog peepee training??
Here it is.

When teaching indoor potty training, you need to be very consistent and clear with your sherdogie to prevent confusion about what area of the house is his bathroom. Outdoor potty training tends to be clearer to sherdogie because of the obvious differences between indoors – where they shouldn’t potty ( for you headkicktoleg)-and outdoors, where they should. But with indoor potty training, the distinctions aren’t as clear. Your sherdogie may have trouble ;-)

How about all of them? Do you care enough to look or only want to get mad about Conor?
I'm not mad about Conor, and I'm not a Conor hater. I'm simply pointing out objective observations. But it looks like you're not interested in reasonable discussion, so I'll move along.

Back