Who would teh Chris have a better chance against in a rematch - Rockhold or Romero?

Matty da Ranga

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Both fights will take place at Light Heavyweight.

Since Luke says he's going to 205 and Yoel needs to be up there too.

Me personally, I think he loses both.

Rockholds chin has slipped more than Yoels diet,

so I vote Rockhold.

He actually was doing pretty well against Yoel before getting his head kneed clean off.

He actually was doing pretty well against Yoel before getting his head kneed clean off.
It was 1-1 going into the 3rd, however Weidman barely won the 1st whereas Yoel clearly won the 2nd.

He was doing ok, but not winning by any means.

Neither it’s a loss either way lol. I kid, Rockhold would be the better match up at this point. Yoel’s only gotten older and meaner while Rockhold has been finished twice. The Chris at 205 would be interesting.

Both fights will take place at Light Heavyweight.

Since Luke says he's going to 205 and Yoel needs to be up there too.

Me personally, I think he loses both.

Same result by both, but he might have a better chance against a chinny Luke (but at 205 his chin might hold up better).

I'd favor Chris in a rematch over them both. Chris actually started going for wrist rides in his last fight.. something he should've been doing the day he won the belt.

It was 1-1 going into the 3rd, however Weidman barely won the 1st whereas Yoel clearly won the 2nd.

He was doing ok, but not winning by any means.
Exactly what i remember. He started fading in the 2nd, allowing yoel to take over. Yoel would have probably won the 3rd as well.

I feel like hes gigantic at 85 even compared to Luke who is also a huge 85er. His power would be only enhanced when his fight night weight is heavier, and I dont think Rockhold's bones would be able to handle.

Its yoels style. He isn’t trying to win a decision ,just looking to take your head off. He’s happy to hang back and get tagged up it seems. He did the same against Whitaker.
Who knows though? Maybe if Chris never kept spamming takedowns he most likely wouldn’t have took a knee to the dome. Question is would Yoel have eventually found another way to almost kill him.

Chris might, & that's a big might, have a chance against Luke in a rematch.

Obviously Rockhold. I seriously doubt he beats Romero anywhere

Definitely Rockhold. If Bisping can knock Rockhold out clean, you have to think pretty much any good fighter on the roster has a great chance at doing the same.

Can't I just remember and love the fact that Romero brutally ko'ed both of them?<{vega}>

The Chris would KO Luke in a rematch

Romero likely has Chris’s number

Can't I just remember and love the fact that Romero brutally ko'ed both of them?<{vega}>
He murdered them both, the guy is brutal inside that cage but such a nice guy outside of it lol.

Back