Who would have been most suitable for MMA?

You know I used to think boxers who weren't known for power like mayweather wouldn't transition well into mma but after maymac I realized even a guy like Floyd will have exceptional punching power compared to mma fighters. Floyd probably hits harder than any mma bantamweight for example, and harder than most featherweights who are about his size.

Usyk wrestled, trained Karate, and allegedly was a street fighter in his youth. BoxNation published a piece on him in late 2016 that I came across recently. He was a successful soccer (“football”) player in particular before taking up boxing at age 15.

Introducing Oleksandr Usyk - the Cruiserweight Lomachenko?
It's funny that people ask, but boxers are the premier athletes in combat sports, and they all walk in with elite level striking.
You could take the top 10 of each weight class, and most could be champions in the UFC.
Add in the Lomas, the Cintrons, the Usyks, alot of the East Euro guys with grappling experience, and you'd have some real deal killers in the UFC.

Usyk would break Jon Jones temple after a few shots without a doubt.

David Haye due to his fighting style and athleticism

He trained a lot in BJJ too. A few years back there was talk of him retiring from boxing and trying MMA, saying he had a purple belt.

I'd say the Klitschkos too with their kickboxing backgrounds and having practiced wrestling and judo when kids.

Back