Who would be President right now if Trump had never entered politics?

No way Kasich wins. He's not a person that gets conservatives excited. Or maybe anyone.

Don't forget your gimmick.

Couldn't pretty much the same be said about Trump?

I'm curious about what might have happened if the Democrats had had a real primary with legitimate candidates running instead of a coronation of someone a huge portion of the country despises.

Clinton wasn't despised by a huge portion of the country until the campaign started, though. One of the reasons she was seen as being so formidable was that her favorables were through the roof for someone who is as well-known as she was. It's actually scary how easy it is to convince a fifth or so of the population that anyone is a murderer, sex trafficker, liar, corrupt, etc.

Couldn't pretty much the same be said about Trump?

I'm curious about what might have happened if the Democrats had had a real primary with legitimate candidates running instead of a coronation of someone a huge portion of the country despises.

Yes and no. People liked trump because he was a reality TV star and has been in the public eye for decades. Trump is or was viewed differently

You're saying this in comparison to Hillary, totally unironically. Sad.

Hillary is famous for being revolting to everyone. Including her husband.

And she won the popular vote still. Get off it Ted Cruz is scum and would never win a national election.

He's hated.

I think that Trump won by chance, so even if we rewind back to the election he could lose.
I think that Cruz might have been nominated in the republican primaries. Rubio never had that much support.
I believe Hillary would've won but I'd give a small chance to Cruz due to the electoral college. Being latino might help him a little bit to win in Florida, but he wouldn't win the other "latino states" like California or New Mexico anyway.

Ted Cruz is slime and the majority f the country knows it. Only dingbats and other ultra religious wackaloons would vote for him.

He has no chance in hell.
Trust me, as soon as he sees the polls are tightening between him and Hillary, he'll drop Fiorina and replace her with Rubio. A Cruz-Rubio ticket would've been unstoppable at that time, their internal polls showed it blew Trump and Hillary outside the margin of error.

He's not to the right of the John Birch Society.

I think he lacks the basic nastiness and resentfulness that defines a lot of the movement. His comments on Medicaid expansion are what really got some donors and activists riled up.

I had a conversation with one of the members of the legislature the other day. I said, ‘I respect the fact that you believe in small government. I do, too. I also know that you’re a person of faith.

Now, when you die and get to the meeting with St. Peter, he’s probably not going to ask you much about what you did about keeping government small. But he is going to ask you what you did for the poor. You better have a good answer.’

He also said this in a debate:

First of all Megyn, you should know that President Reagan expanded Medicaid three or four times. Secondly, I had an opportunity to bring resources back to Ohio. To do what? To treat the mentally ill. Ten thousand of them sit in our prisons. It costs $22,500 a year to keep them in prison. I would rather get them their medication so they can lead a decent life. Secondly, we are rehabbing the drug-addicted. Eighty percent of the people in our prisons have addiction problems. We now treat them in prisons, release them in the community, and the recidivism rate is 10 percent. And everybody across this country knows the tsunami of drugs is threatening their very families. So we are treating them and getting them on their feet. And finally, the working poor, instead of having them come into the emergency rooms where it costs more where they’re sicker and we end up paying, we brought a program in here to make sure that people could get on their feet. And you know what, everybody has a right to their God-given purpose.

In terms of policy, he's hard right, but in terms of temperament, he's not appealing to MAGA idiots.

You know what? I agree with you. But I don't think it's all Trump's fault. I think the cuckoo left set this up for him.

Please tell me you don't mean that Jill Stein's supporters cost Shillary the election??

Because you would be the crazy one if you think Hillary Clinton is "cuckoo" leftist.

Please tell me you don't mean that Jill Stein's supporters cost Shillary the election??

Because you would be the crazy one if you think Hillary Clinton is "cuckoo" leftist.
Hilary is a neocon who gives lip service to social justice issues. My position is people (rightly) felt they were under attack by an increasingly aggressive left wing. Trump got elected by making emotional appeals (like all politicians do). His message resonated in part because the leftist message confirmed people's fears.

It would also be interesting to speculate who would have been the nominee if Hillary hadn't run?

Would Bernie have been the nominee?

Hillary had raised and spent more money than any candidate, she had all the biggest corporate backers and the entire DNC behind her; and yet still had to cheat to beat Bernie and even face Trump.

She was an absolute joke and the first dem nominee I refused to vote for. I'd rather have Bernie in office than that cunt.

Last edited:
Kasich and Lil Marco wouldn't have won the primary. Kasich is basically a democrat who just runs as a republican for some reason, which is why he's the one democrats were trying to convince electors to vote for in one of their early tantrums while trying to find a way around the electoral vote. Kasich is also a major contributing factor for why Trump was the nominee for not pulling out when it was clear he had no chance.

The republican nominee would have been Cruz, and then the coverage would have been calling him the racist and nazi. I don't think Cruz would have swung as many voters and Hillary probably would have won and the media would go back to sleep for another 8 years.

How is Kasich basically a Democrat?

I can't stand Hilary simply for the fact that she cheated Bernie in the primary.

She would have won. Its like I saw written in this thread, ted cruz isn't likeable and everyone else is a tomato can

Chris Christie he got in the best one line zinger outside of Trump the whole primary

Even Little Marco had to smile. Without Trump, I think Christie be the rowdy one.

Back