Who won round 4 of Romero vs Whittaker?

What does that have t do with anything dumbass, why move the goalposts t something completely different?

You were saying Till won the round he "rocked" WB whilst Romero didnt. Dumbass. The outcome of one fight doesnt affect another fight.

Quit running your mouth whinny bitch.

Whittaker won the fight so who gives a fuck who sherbros think won round 4?

Bringing in the 10 point must system and round scoring in general was the worst decision in MMA history. It already sucked balls in boxing. It's far worse in MMA.

Yoel rocks opponent = loses round
Till rocks wonderboy = wins entire fight

UFC scoring is worse than boxing.

Quoted for comedic value. May or may not reflect my actual opinion.

This round was the decider of if Romero lost or drew. As I can't see how people say Romero won that round. Can someone please care to explain

Edit: Only stay on this round also. No other round. Thanks
usa_today_10152471.0.jpg

Rd. 4 only. I had Whittaker significantly ahead in the round when he got bambi fever. I texted my son 10-9 RW despite the chicken dance. Thought at the time that a reasonable argument Yoel 10-9 existed.

IMO, it is the most reasonable way to deviate from my 47-47 card. Easy fight to score. Not giving the 10-8 5th is pretty bad.

Last edited:
I had it for Whittaker because I felt he was striking more the entire round. I know Whittaker looked a little wobbled at the end from one strike but Whittaker was moving a little funky the whole second half of the fight and there wasn't much follow-up to say Romero really took the round from it.

Secondary thought, I know this isn't factored into scoring but watching the fight a second time knowing Whittaker had a broken hand, he had a much more impressive round 4 than Romero.

There is no logic in giving Romero round 4
Heres a few logics for ya:

• Yoel hurt Whittaker more than Whittaker hurt him.
  • "Effective striking" (and grappling) are the main criteria in this system. Yoels strikes caused greater effect, rocking Bobby quite badly. Bobby landed more strikes but to little effect, even cumulatively.

Heres a few logics for ya:

• Yoel hurt Whittaker more than Whittaker hurt him.
  • "Effective striking" (and grappling) are the main criteria in this system. Yoels strikes caused greater effect, rocking Bobby quite badly. Bobby landed more strikes but to little effect, even cumulatively.

He got outstruck for 4:30 of a 5 minute round and this damage he did is wildly overstated

He wobbled Whittaker momentarily, didn't drop him and didn't almost finish him. He also ate a bunch of clean jabs and a couple head kicks. He clearly lost the round

Whitaker landed 50 punches and didnt phase Yoel

Yoel landed 5 and rocked Whitaker badly

Who was more effective?

To me it could've gone either way

...to negligible immediate effect.

Yoels few strikes had much greater immediate and overall effect.

Effective striking.
I believe impact and damage matter but just to play devil's advocate, landing numerous and repeated legs, jabs, and elbows to keep Romero at bay for nearly a whole round when you only have one functioning hand is pretty damn effective striking!

This round was the decider of if Romero lost or drew. As I can't see how people say Romero won that round. Can someone please care to explain

Edit: Only stay on this round also. No other round. Thanks
Cmon man.

Whittaker. That round was just as clear as any of the others

Yoel, according to the new rules:

"Effectiveness in striking/grappling is about "impact with the potential to contribute to the end of the match," with immediate impact receiving more weight than cumulative impact."

I feel a 10-10 would the fairer result for this round, but by the plain text of the rules and if you must score the round a 10-9 you'd have to give it to Yoel.

I feel a 10-10 would the fairer result for this round, but by the plain text of the rules and if you must score the round a 10-9 you'd have to give it to Yoel.
10-10 is completely acceptable under the rules of the (incredibly stupid) 10 point must system.

...to negligible immediate effect.

Yoels few strikes had much greater immediate and overall effect.

Effective striking.

Not really. He wobbled Whittaker for a second and didn't land a ton in the follow up. Whittaker stumbled but he clearly wasn't badly hurt. Immediate effect is not the only effect. Yoel's eye was almost open again before the round, it was completely shut after. He didn't wobble or fall but he definitely felt the punches and kicks he took. Pretending a strike doesn't do damage because you can't see the damage is silly

He lost the round

Back