Who Won? Robert Whittaker or Yoel Romero?

Who won?

• Total voters
I sugest you read the actual scoring criteria and dont make up youre own. Its very confusing to engage in a discussion where everyone can make up their own premis.
Its the Unified Rules that was in place for this fight btw.
Sounds like your opinion leans towards someone not understanding the judging criteria if there interpretation of a close fight differs from yours.

Missing weight and not being champ got nothin to do with the outcome

Sounds like your opinion leans towards someone not understanding the judging criteria if there interpretation of a close fight differs from yours.
Yes, it might seem that way, but its not. TS is leaning Robert with reasoning like «Yoel missed weight» and «you have to really beat the champ to be the champ» dosnt make sense cuz thers not a part of the scoring criteria. Creating a thread about scoring and making up ur own criteria seems like waste of time to me. I would love to re watch the fight and join a forum discussion about that fight, but we have to use the actual rules that was in place for that fight for it to be interesting imo.
Thers also many other threads on Sherdog about scoring where its clear people havent read the actual criteria and dont even know if the fight was under old or unified rules.

I like how many people keep going on about Romero not taking dmg. That fractured orbital bone wasn't damage? Pfft. He does a great job of not showing pain but the fact that his eye swelled almost shut means significant damage was caused. Also whittaker ended up in hospital with broken hand yet yoel ended up with a broken face. Yet the constant narrative im reading is that yoel fcked up whittaker and was unhurt. Mmmm pretty sure he's had to miss a fight due to his face.

Yes, it might seem that way, but its not. TS is leaning Robert with reasoning like «Yoel missed weight» and «you have to really beat the champ to be the champ» dosnt make sense cuz thers not a part of the scoring criteria. Creating a thread about scoring and making up ur own criteria seems like waste of time to me. I would love to re watch the fight and join a forum discussion about that fight, but we have to use the actual rules that was in place for that fight for it to be interesting imo.
Thers also many other threads on Sherdog about scoring where its clear people havent read the actual criteria and dont even know if the fight was under old or unified rules.
Fight scoring isn’t science or math. It’s subjective to the viewer. Your position strikes me as being pretentious and your no more an authority on the scoring of a controversial, close fight than any other member of this forum. Quit being so “judgemental” (double entere attempt)

I'd like to actually rewatch this fight. I had Whittiker winning on original viewing, I wonder after all this time if I would score it the same way....

Anybody else rewatch and get a different outcome?

Fight scoring isn’t science or math. It’s subjective to the viewer. Your position strikes me as being pretentious and your no more an authority on the scoring of a controversial, close fight than any other member of this forum. Quit being so “judgemental” (double entere attempt)
I agree and disagree. Fight scoring is subjective inside the set rules. It would be nice to see a thread about scoring where sherdoggers actually knew what rules for scoring is in place and gave their own subjective opinion under those rules.
Discussing fights with no guidelines is like discussing whos the GOAT.
Mabey the whole point of youre thread is to explore what other people think scoring should be about, rather than to judge the fight with the same guidelines as the ringside judges use. If that is so Im sorry for crashing ur thread with complaints.

Whittaker won, easily. Romero had 5 rounds to get something going and he couldn't do anything.

I agree and disagree. Fight scoring is subjective inside the set rules. It would be nice to see a thread about scoring where sherdoggers actually knew what rules for scoring is in place and gave their own subjective opinion under those rules.
Discussing fights with no guidelines is like discussing whos the GOAT.
Mabey the whole point of youre thread is to explore what other people think scoring should be about, rather than to judge the fight with the same guidelines as the ringside judges use. If that is so Im sorry for crashing ur thread with complaints.
Fair enough. Why not start a thread and educate the masses on judging? 10 point must scoring system will always result in controversy imo.

Agreed, even after multiple times of rewatching the fight it's still a Draw to me.

Romero vs Whittaker 3 needs to happen. One of the greatest rivalries of this MMA-generation.

Yeah the draw is clear as day to me every time I watch it. Like every round is pretty obvious tbh

I think if Yoel wins a fight and more importantly MAKES WEIGHT they should bless us with a third fight although I can understand why Whittaker would want to move on to other challenges at this point. And I would like to see Yoel take a run at 205 before he hangs it up for good

It will go down as one of the great all time MMA trilogies

Romero won the second fight via beating the fuck out of Whittaker.

Whittaker won the scoring game, I guess, but anyone who watched the fight knows what’s up.

I think a draw because round 5 is the best choice... But yeah ROmero fucked Whitaker bad.

It was a great fight.

Close but I scored it for Whittaker. Wouldn't have been overly outraged had Romero gotten the nod. That's the thing about close fights...they can go either way. Too bad the drooling halfwits on this forum can't seem to wrap their shrivelled little incel brains around that concept.

Bobby Knuckles won. Its not even a debate. Bobby was the champ, already beat Romero, and Romero couldn't even make weight. You can't even put a "draw" into play here. You have to beat the "champ". Romero failed to do so. In fact, he "failed" many things.

Romero, but he’s also my favorite fighter so my opinion can’t be taken seriously. What I will say is the fact that Romero never got to be champion pretty much sums up a lot of what’s wrong with the UFC.

Romero, but he’s also my favorite fighter so my opinion can’t be taken seriously. What I will say is the fact that Romero never got to be champion pretty much sums up a lot of what’s wrong with the UFC.

Yep, the UFC should completely disregard weight classes. Then your cheating hero could be champion!

Romero pummeled him all around the cage.Should of got the W.

Whittaker by the skim of his teeth. A burst here and there during some rounds doesn't win them.

Yep, the UFC should completely disregard weight classes. Then your cheating hero could be champion!

An eight fight win streak deserves a title shot, regardless of what you think about the fighter personally. But because Bisping would have rather fought the 40 year old Henderson, and he's a bigger draw, it didn't come to fruition.

I thought Romero won but I wasn't too mad. It would be a disaster considering the circumstances.

Back