Who wins TUF 24? (Quarter Final Stage Poll)

Who is your pick to win the competition?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mattandbenny

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
So we are at the halfway mark - we have seen each fighter fight once. Who do you think will be challenging Mighty Mouse for the title? Similar thread about but thought it would be fun to have a poll. Poll closes before next episode. I'll create another poll once we are down to the final 4.

Brackets are below:

Alexandre Pantoja (1) vs. Kai Kara-France (9)
Hiromasa Ogikubo (5) vs. Adam Antolin (13)
Tim Elliott (3) vs. Matt Schnell (6)
Ronaldo Candido (7) vs. Eric Shelton (15)

He looks weird when fighting but a bulldog choke.....

Pleased to see Shelton get couple of votes - UfC definately got his seeding wrong.

Elliot has the best chance but rooting for Shelton. I was impressed with his first fight

I'm gonna maintain my vote on Pantoja, IMO he has beat better competition

I like Antolin,and pantoja for the quarters. Pantoja has a great chin and he has a fantastic ground game. I think he subs France. It's just a gut feeling about Antolin.

Shelton over Candido, his striking is crisp and I was impressed with his wrestling. Schnell and Elliot is tough. If Schnell fights his fight instead of the other way around, he cracks elliot and taps him. However, that first showing wad him fighting Rizzo's fight. I'm pulling for Schnell but I'm still on the fence to much to say for certain.

I'm excited for these 4 fights!

Antolin, Shelton and Shnell have mad potential judging by how they fought.

But my boy Don't Blink is gonna KO everyone. Then KO Mighty Mouse. #TMT

Kai Kara-France the winner of the poll so far. His stand up does look crisp, but he's gonna have to deal with grapplers from here on out.

Liked Kai and Hiro before but feel Kai will win.

I voted for Pantoja also, kinda surprised to see such few votes for him. But man it's a talent stacked season. I haven't cared for TUF in a long time, and I'm glad I decided to follow this one.

This just plain feels like a legitimate tournament where the winner is going to have to be someone genuinely good.

Pretty surprised to see Ogikubo with so many votes. He's got arguably the easiest QF draw but can't see him beating Pantoja or Kara-France in the semi's.

Pretty surprised to see Ogikubo with so many votes. He's got arguably the easiest QF draw but can't see him beating Pantoja or Kara-France in the semi's.

Same. I'm borderline shocked actually.
If anyone picked Ogikubo what's your thinking? How do you see him beating Pantoja or Kara-France?

Same. I'm borderline shocked actually.
If anyone picked Ogikubo what's your thinking? How do you see him beating Pantoja or Kara-France?

I don't even see him beating Antolin

I think Tim Elliott is...from all the guys that are left over...the worst match up for everybody.

Arkward off beat movement on the feet but fights very risky with his hands down...
Best wrestler in there...and doesn't use it to play it safe...just look at his last fight when he started to mix it up...great timing.

If you look at his fight with Benavidez...had the upperhand most of the time...yeah got tapped...but no wonder he was Joe's first pick.

And a good chin!

I think it will be decided between him and Pantoja...

So we are at the halfway mark - we have seen each fighter fight once. Who do you think will be challenging Mighty Mouse for the title? Similar thread about but thought it would be fun to have a poll. Poll closes before next episode. I'll create another poll once we are down to the final 4.

Brackets are below:

Alexandre Pantoja (1) vs. Kai Kara-France (9)
Hiromasa Ogikubo (5) vs. Adam Antolin (13)
Tim Elliott (3) vs. Matt Schnell (6)
Ronaldo Candido (7) vs. Eric Shelton (15)

Here's how I see it panning out....

Quarter-Finals
Alexandre Pantoja vs. Kai Kara-France (Pantoja, submission, 2nd round - after getting badly rocked/almost finished in 1st)
Hiromasa Ogikubo vs. Adam Antolin (Ogikubo, decision)
Tim Elliott vs. Matt Schnell (Elliott, submission, 1st round)
Ronaldo Candido vs. Eric Shelton (Candido, submission, 2nd round)

Semi-Finals

Alexandre Pantoja vs. Hiromasa Ogikubo (Pantoja, decision)
Tim Elliott vs. Ronaldo Candido (Elliott, decision)

Final

Alexandre Pantoja vs. Tim Elliott (Elliott, decision)

Demetrious Johnson vs. Tim Elliott (Johnson, submission, 2nd round)

Pretty cool that we get the winner of the course of the show too. This all happens so quickly. Finals Set, Finals, 4 Days Later the Title Fight.

Elliot reminds me of Cruz, therefore I picked him.

Back