Who wins this tournament

Rockhold or Whittaker. Costa is a beast though and could surprise.

#1 Whitaker
#8 Gastelum

#4 Weidman
#5 Souza

-----------------------

#3 Rockhold
#6 Brunson

#2 Romero
#7 Pablo Borrachinna

(UFC should Do it if GSP vacate and go after Woodley next )
I got Whitaker over Gastellum
I got Chris edging out jacare

Didn't we see Luke just make Branch tap to strikes?
I got chini upsetting Yoel via- still tear in gas line.

If you re-seed ? then:
Chini pulling back to back upsets over Whitaker in close - either way- decision...

Then I see Weidman - Rockhold 2 finishing in a near double KO as Luke gains lucidity first.

Rockhold over chini in final but it's clear that the chin of Mr. Rockhold has regressed to the point where he fails his first title defense again.

By the time all this takes place , Dana convinces UFC owners to promote their first cross promoted card of UFC vs Bellator.
The main event is middleweight champion vs middleweight champion:
Luke Rockhold vs Gegard Mousasi.

Luke realizes early that he does not want to stand and trade with Gegard.Luke, the much bigger 185er, drags Mousasi down and gives him fits for better part of round but Gegard actually defends well. No damage on either side, 10-9 Rockhold.

2nd round starts and Mousasi starts to get aggressive with stinging jabs that are obviously bothering Luke. He continues to feint while exploding with flick jabs to the nose and head of Luke.Rockhold already wearing swelling on a couple different areas of face and tries to take Gegard down with double and gets it after what seemed to be alot of energy expended .Mousasi gets right the fuck up and you can start to see the panic on Luke's face.Rockhold tried to keep Gegard pinned against cage but Mousasi not having it.

All of a sudden Gegard looks low with a kick but lands high and Luke starts to do the chicken dance.Mousasi immediately takes Luke down and reigns down hell until ref has no choice but to save Rockhold at the 3:22 mark of 2nd round.

Finally, Mousasi leaves cage as the #1 middleweight of the world.

#1 Whitaker
#8 Gastelum

#4 Weidman
#5 Souza

-----------------------

#3 Rockhold
#6 Brunson

#2 Romero
#7 Pablo Borrachinna

Whittaker beats Gastelum, but it could be tough
Souza beats current Weidman, but it'll be tough

Brunson KOs Rockhold
Romero KOs the Eraser
--------------------------------------

Whittaker/ Souza: Whittaker wrecks Souza again
Brunson/ Romero 2: Romero KOs Brunson

----------------------------------------------
Whittaker/ Romero 2: Whittaker wins by UD again

Yeah Weidman was the only questionable matchup IMO but as a huge fan of The Chris im not confident he wins that fight. If Whittaker can shrug off the TDs and make it a longer fight i think he could TKO him or win a decision
Weidman's cardio seems worse than Romero's now. And he has nowhere near the explosion or power of Romero, who Whittaker already beat with a bum leg.

Whitaker. Too much firepower in the bracket for Rockhold’s chin to survive.

pXsa9wE8tBKvUTeOAFKswo0U1_MzL02boJykIdwt0Zw.gif

#1 Whitaker
#8 Gastelum

#4 Weidman
#5 Souza

-----------------------

#3 Rockhold
#6 Brunson

#2 Romero
#7 Pablo Borrachinna

The eraser

I’m sold on this guy

Weidman's cardio seems worse than Romero's now. And he has nowhere near the explosion or power of Romero, who Whittaker already beat with a bum leg.

I think Weidman has better kickboxing, a similarly bad/suspect gas tank but yesh nowhere near the explosiveness especially since USADA as much as it pains me tonsau it

Still mah boy tho

Back