Who wins the standup, Bisping or GSP?

If anyone in this thread legitimately thinks gsp has good striking then they dont know shit about the sport

GSP actually has very solid defense, it's just his offense that's lacking. Everything in his game revolves around scoring points standing up with single shots and then shooting for takedowns.

I can remember him throwing strong right hands as late into his career as Condit. He had individual fights where his right looked sloppier, Shields being the most notable example of that, but GSP's right hand was featured in much of his title reign, both early and late. Even against Shields, it appeared to be more of an issue of him winding up and telegraphing the punch.
This past week I've been rewatching all of his fights and really don't think his right hand looked good at all. His left hook was always good, but under utilized

Of course Bisping wins the standup. He's bigger, has a reach advantage and a decent jab. Even in his prime, GSP would be outboxed.

Which is why Bisping is telling everyone that GSP will be spamming takedowns, which he will...

I did see the fight, I wanted Diaz to win very badly but he didn't land much other than a great body punch

GSP controlled the distance and kept coming in and out with jabs

ivfkllX1ohVWu.gif

idLrvryu2r2mz.gif
Oh shit dude you posted two gifs of gsp using his jab. My whole argument is now invalid....

gsp gets red in every fight that doesnt mean shit lol.

certain guys get red and cut easier like fedor for example then other guys who can take a beating and wont look nearly as worse. at no point was nick diaz close to winning that fight he got totally outclassed and i was pulling for nick
Never said he was close to winning the fight... I said he was better than him on the feet and that is still true

GSP wins everywhere, IMO.

A lot of people will find that surprising when (if) it happens.

But he wins everywhere very cautiously, and won't dominate anywhere. (That part won't surprise anyone.)

Also, Bisping will have good success getting back to his feet. That will surprise a few people, too.

Never said he was close to winning the fight... I said he was better than him on the feet and that is still true
not at that time he wasnt. nick diaz fell the fuck off in 2011. that fight was in 2013 lol

prime gsp outstrikes prime diaz. diaz is too predictable and easy to gameplan around

If anyone in this thread legitimately thinks gsp has good striking then they dont know shit about the sport

Which is funny because if you watch the fights as he was coming up through the ranks -- like when he first fought Matt Hughes for the belt -- he was described as a striker. So, um, no. It's just that his wrestling was so dominant, after Serra, he rode that to win every minute of all but a few rounds for a decade.

This past week I've been rewatching all of his fights and really don't think his right hand looked good at all. His left hook was always good, but under utilized

rWYv62D.gif

tumblr_nbr4toEzvL1ry1rm7o2_400.gif

gsp-alves.gif

method=get&s=gsp-carlos-condit-gif-11-18-12-15-40-12-779.gif

ufc154-gsp-condit-rd2-1sthighlightb4takedown-halved-400-sg.gif

gsptkosjayhieron.gif

2ufcyn6.gif

g13.gif

5FdL9pb.gif

SIDZZ9W.gif

As I said, GSP's right hand is underrated. He throws it clean, he can throw it in a few different ways, and he has a number of set ups for it. But he's landed it consistently throughout his career, whether he's fighting someone short or tall.

rWYv62D.gif

gsp-alves.gif

gsptkosjayhieron.gif

2ufcyn6.gif

g13.gif

5FdL9pb.gif

SIDZZ9W.gif

As I said, GSP's right hand is underrated. He throws it clean, he can throw it in a few different ways, and he has a number of set ups for it. But he's landed it consistently throughout his career, whether he's fighting someone short or tall.
Just because it lands doesn't make it a good punch. Against Condit and hendricks especially it looks akward. Even the alves one is a poor right hand technically speaking but it catches him of balance.

Mayhem knocked down cb dolloway with some of the most awful striking ever in the ufc.

Edit:even the second one against fitch he's over fitch he's clearly over extended. That's not a good right hand.

He didn't ask you all that smart guy, he's asking who's gonna win the stand up in this fight in your opinion.

Bisping imo

God, your avatar gave me the best laugh of the day (in an otherwise stressful day at work) -- so thanks for that!

Bisping. Gsp really only jabs, he doesn't throw combos. Obviously hes gonna try for TD, but he wont be able to keep bisping down even if he gets it, so the fight will be mostly standing. Bisping has the consistent volume and variety thus will win by UD.

so you saying GSP dominated the division just becuase he can wrestle?

And Gsp only can jab is a stupid opinion because if you know anything about striking then you should know a jab doesnt hurt you but a lot of them makes your face look like a patatoe field.

Of course Bisping wins the standup. He's bigger, has a reach advantage and a decent jab. Even in his prime, GSP would be outboxed.

Which is why Bisping is telling everyone that GSP will be spamming takedowns, which he will...
Actually GSP has the longer reach (76” vs 75,5”) and height isn’t too much of a problem. Bisping might be a good few pounds bigger but I think strength wise I’d give the edge to GSP. GSP is also the better wrestler and grappler.

”Decent jab”
<36>

If Bisping wants to kickbox/box then he’s fighting the wrong guy and in the wrong sport. GSP will mix it up, I’m sure.

GSPs an unknown nowadays but based on the old GSP Bisping will win the standup easily, at least at first. If GSP can land takedowns like he used to then Bisping will start biting on them and at that point GSP may start to land.

Bisping's takedown defense and scrambling are top-notch though so this may be a tough night for GSP.
I'm really hoping GSP isn't too shot and comes in with some fresh boxing skills in this one.

Which is funny because if you watch the fights as he was coming up through the ranks -- like when he first fought Matt Hughes for the belt -- he was described as a striker. So, um, no. It's just that his wrestling was so dominant, after Serra, he rode that to win every minute of all but a few rounds for a decade.
A fight from 10 years ago where he had better striking against a non striker? You don't say...

Bisping was able to stop and reverse Sonnen by round 3. That's a prime, roid rage Sonnen... Even though Tim Kennedy tossed him around GSP isn't nearly as big as Kennedy.
I guess you don’t listen to Chaels podcast

He said in his prime gsp would out grapple him with ease, said gsp is the strongest guy he’s felt

rWYv62D.gif

gsp-alves.gif

gsptkosjayhieron.gif

2ufcyn6.gif

g13.gif

5FdL9pb.gif

SIDZZ9W.gif

He’s never been out struck in a fight
Goat on the ground
Goat on the feet
Goat of goats and king of gods

War gsp

Back