Who wins the standup, Bisping or GSP?

If anyone in this thread legitimately doesn't thinks gsp has good striking then they dont know shit about the sport.
GSP had good striking when just knowing how to jab made you an AMAZING striker because no one else knew how to do it. The game's evolved. GSP hasn't.

It’s a silly question. True MMA is multifactorial. Take out grappling and takedowns and this is kickboxing. The threat of a takedown impacts striking.

So in a pure kickboxing match, we have no idea because neither man has competed under K1 rules.

He didn't ask you all that smart guy, he's asking who's gonna win the stand up in this fight in your opinion.

Bisping imo

Bisping clearly has the better hands. Although GSP has out landed guys like Diaz and Condot on the fight, so it's not like he doesn't bring anything to the table. GSP also brings the threat of the takedown while Bisping doesn't.

lol sure GSP only jabs. Ask hughes and fitch if gsp only knows how to jab. God people seriously forgot how well rounded GSP is/was or they've never actually seen him fight before or weren't around back then to see him fight. Either way Bisping knows gsp can stike, he said ti himself.. hes talking shit but at the same time hes also giving him a lot of respect.

Bisping by a long stretch

I am going with Georges on this one. The power will be Michaels, but GSP will have the speed. The difference for me and the biggest problem that Bisping will be facing is balancing his ability to commit to his striking, while constantly defending the takedown.

GSP has a pretty good read on Bisping, Mike is trying to goad St. Pierre into keeping this fight a war on the feet. Not going to work, Georges is the most calculated fighter in the history of MMA, and he has had four years to plan his comeback, the guy is not going to abandon his bread and butter that this point. If Mike is constantly defending the takedown, it is going to affect his ability to exchange. Look for Georges to mix in combinations, with takedown attempts. This strategy will keep Bisping on his back foot and will impede any offense the Brit hopes to string together.

A lot will depend on what GSP 2.0 looks like, especially after 4 years and 15lbs. But I really think GSP would have pulled the plug on his comeback if he was markedly slower or diminished. GSP 49-46, in a fight that will take place on the ground and standing.

Bisping was able to stop and reverse Sonnen by round 3. That's a prime, roid rage Sonnen... Even though Tim Kennedy tossed him around GSP isn't nearly as big as Kennedy.

I am going with Georges on this one. The power will be Michaels, but GSP will have the speed. The difference for me and the biggest problem that Bisping will be facing is balancing his ability to commit to his striking, while constantly defending the takedown.

GSP has a pretty good read on Bisping, Mike is trying to goad St. Pierre into keeping this fight a war on the feet. Not going to work, Georges is the most calculated fighter in the history of MMA, and he has had four years to plan his comeback, the guy is not going to abandon his bread and butter that this point. If Mike is constantly defending the takedown, it is going to affect his ability to exchange. Look for Georges to mix in combinations, with takedown attempts. This strategy will keep Bisping on his back foot and will impede any offense the Brit hopes to string together.

A lot will depend on what GSP 2.0 looks like, especially after 4 years and 15lbs. But I really think GSP would have pulled the plug on his comeback if he was markedly slower or diminished. GSP 49-46, in a fight that will take place on the ground and standing.

Lol holy delusion

Not sure good question. I think GSP may land a G bomb if Bisping is still circling to his left. Tristar gotta use that against him.

George is going to hit him right in the exact location, landing his G-bomb right in the G-spot.

It’s a silly question. True MMA is multifactorial. Take out grappling and takedowns and this is kickboxing. The threat of a takedown impacts striking.

So in a pure kickboxing match, we have no idea because neither man has competed under K1 rules.
Fuck people must just turn and walk away when you start talking. I'd hate be behind you getting coffee if someone asks you if you want cream or milk.

If anyone in this thread legitimately thinks gsp has good striking then they dont know shit about the sport
Wrong and strong. GSP has great striking. He just got afraid to use it after Serra. Now he just jabs and switch kicks his way to takedowns. But if you look at what he does when he actually throws, he is actually every bit the karate expert he is billed as.

Bisping was able to stop and reverse Sonnen by round 3. That's a prime, roid rage Sonnen... Even though Tim Kennedy tossed him around GSP isn't nearly as big as Kennedy.
Recent pics of them together make George look the same size as Kennedy if not a little bigger.

Probably Bisping.

I am curious to see how GSP's going to use his overhand though. He's got an underrated right hand and Bisping keeps his head about as bolt upright as it can get. If GSP can get his right hand going with any consistency, it makes his life easier.

Agreed, I was going to post this myself.

The overhand right is definitely Bisping's kyryptonite and it used to be one of GSP's best punches.

The old GSP would have worked set ups in training.

He fell in love with the jab working with roach to help set up td’s.

Jab, td rinse repeat.

Previously he always landed at least one spinning back kick a fight, and had hurt people with them. His is strong.

Landed clean head kicks , good low kicks, kicked Hughes feet out from underneath him.

Landed axe kicks all kinds of crap, he was a very dynamic striker and changed it up for the rasslin.

There is no doubt in my mind if this was a pure kickboxing fight he would have an even easier time against bisping.

He’s so much faster Jt would look like Rory woodley. And maybe even marquart woodley like.

Trtor lit the red coat up, with goerges speed he will too

If anyone in this thread legitimately thinks gsp has good striking then they dont know shit about the sport

You sound new to the sport. Based on a comparison of competition, GSP is by far the superior mma striker.

George is going to hit him right in the exact location, landing his G-bomb right in the G-spot.

him and jackson have been perfecting the "hit him with your groin" technique for the 4 years he's been out. I bet his groin strike's are glorious to behold now.

You sound new to the sport. Based on a comparison of competition, GSP is by far the superior mma striker.
I've been watching the sport for 15 years now. I just dont follow the false narrative that the ufc and joe rogan put out for fans to consume. Gsp had a decent jab, thats it. Got outstruck by condit, (who I also think is overrated) hendricks, and nick diaz. Everyone keeps pointing to the matt hughes ko or koshcheck for proof that hes a good striker..... Lets name a fight within the past 7 years maybe? Multple acl surgeries and 5 years away from the sport isnt going to do you any good for your game. Bisping is a veteran of the sport whos a full weight class bigger and outstruck anderson fucking silva like a year ago and hasnt stopped training the whole time.

Gsp can win this fight for sure, but it's going to he via boring 5 round grind fest as usual not some new unseen striking skill

Back