who wins, the chris or kelvin?

Kelvin is way more athletic and I think he will be able to navigate some bad positions. But I think eventually Kelvins lack of commitment will get him

He's not "The Chris" any more.

He's just any old Chris.

Weidman wins rounds 1 and 2. Tide shift, Kelvin takes over, potentially a tko in the 4th or 5th.

It will be similar to Romero Whittaker I believe. Close but Kelvin will outlast and takeover.

chris has only ever beaten worn out veterans so Kelvin via anyway he wants

Weidman is going to win. Kennedy, Fat Hendricks and decrepit old man Belfort are nowhere near the caliber of fighter that Chris is.

Don't forget to @ me nerds.

Chris starts well but gets ko'd by Kelvin in Round 3

Chris used to be such a monster, but at this point his gas tank is just too small for the top competition.

It's sad to say this but I think Weidman has little business fighting Gastelum. I hope I'm wrong.

If Kelvin wins, will everyone stop saying "The Chris"?

Kelvin will finish off what's left of Weidman as a middleweight contender.

Chris Weidman wins by submission in the first two minutes. His ground game has been improving exponentially, man. Already in the MW GOAT discussion.

I saw an interview with Weidman recently and he looked punchy as fuck.

Kelvin hasn't taken nearly as much damage as the Chris.

Kelvin wins.
Nobody in UFC have taken as much damage as Chris. Not even Erick Silva.

Dude knows how to entertain us being steamrolled.

Two things:

1) Weidman has tried to adapt to the USADA era, getting a leaner build. He used to be a pressure and control fighter, but strength and aggression the first thing to wane without juice. He now tries to set things up with his boxing, rather than force the takedown. But this is not working, because he is not a graceful boxer, and without the capacity to impose his will he just doesn't have any great offensive tools.

2) He is a dad, which mellows one a lot and zaps a lot of energy. And I genuinely believe that fighters don't benefit from family life, particularly having several young children at once.

Weidman will finish him in the 1st round.

Back