Who will still be relevant in 10 years time?

Colby Covington is just getting started.

<{silvanormal}>

Ken Shamrock, Dan Severn, and Royce Gracie.

It's hard to say as a lot of the lower weight classes are dominated by fighters 25-35, you don't see too many champions 35-40 until you get to middleweight. I'm guessing the most likely will be fighters fighting now at middleweight or welterweight and turning into heavyweights in 7 to 10 years. I could see Kelvin Gastelum now 26 fighting as a heavyweight at 36, it wouldn't surprise me. I think it's more likely that a fighter in the lower weight classes in their late 30s loses their speed and will be overthrown by the younger, hungrier more athletic fighters.

Also think about the history of the light weight champion, where are they now? BJ Penn lost his title and only won one fight after going 1-5-1. Frankie Edgar had the best run since losing his title but still had to drop a division and couldn't win a title at 145 he's no longer relevant at 155 and at 37 he seems to be well past his prime. Ben Henderson after losing his title he's 5-4 between 2 divisions and 2 promotions and no where near a title, not even a Bellator title. Anthony Pettis 3-5 since losing his belt in 2 divisions. RDA 3-2 since losing his title had to change divisions and unless he can pull something crazy out against Usman I don't think he will ever sniff a title shot again. Eddie Alvarez 1-2-1 since losing his title, had to change promotions. Conor Mcgreagor 0-1 since he won his title, 2-2 in his last 4 fights. I'm trying to make a point here about how hard it seems to be to stay on top and compete at the elite level of MMA especially in the lighter weight divisions.

Now there are lot of fighters who are still competing at relatively highest level of the sports from ten or twelve years ago.

Eddie Alvarez
Mousasi
Maybe Shogun
Maybe Werdum

And so on.

Make your prediction and bump this 10 years later!

I think Aaron Pico is the best pick. Possibly the best prospect ever. Super young.I watched him wrestle before he got into MMA and his wrestling is probably as good as anyone right now in MMA given how fresh he is off competing in wrestling.

Or Erick Silva.
I've never seen this question posed before. Great concept.

If I knew of any decent heavyweight prospects I would say that guy.

May not still be fighting, but for sure will still be talked about...
fedorthrone.jpg

Now there are lot of fighters who are still competing at relatively highest level of the sports from ten or twelve years ago.

Eddie Alvarez
Mousasi
Maybe Shogun
Maybe Werdum

And so on.

Make your prediction and bump this 10 years later!

I think Aaron Pico is the best pick. Possibly the best prospect ever. Super young.I watched him wrestle before he got into MMA and his wrestling is probably as good as anyone right now in MMA given how fresh he is off competing in wrestling.

Or Erick Silva.
Literally came here to say Pico. So young, so skilled.

Max Holloway is the one correct answer

Edit. I thought he was 3 years younger

Till, Pico, Nemkov, Fedor, Chuck, Wandy, Hunt, Tito...

Only guy I can realistically see is Jones at HW. Everyone else is either not talented enough or too old. There aren't really any younger guys right now pushing the aura of a young Shogun or Jones. Also drug testing is more strict now.

Edit: I forgot about Sage Northcutt. If he keeps training he could develop into a top fighter and still be around in 10 years.

A current young heavyweight

Back