Who will headline ufc 219?

thewhiterooster

dana hates sunscreen
@Brown
Reaction score
im guessing Conor vs Ferguson . Dana said Conor “will probably fight Tony in vegas” (yeah I know. Dana is a liar. But occasionally he speaks the truth). Also rumored that Khabib will fight Barboza on 219. Would make sense to have that match on the card in case of injury to Ferguson... Dana always tries to make the end of the card a big one, so Conor vs Tony is my guess. Of course I could be wrong.

Other thoughts?

Khabib vs Edson for the interim interim LW belt

Not sure that Tony would want such a quick turn around but that would be great.

Stipe vs. really anyone would be good too but with Cain still out and Ngganou fighting Reem idk who they could put in.

Conor Mcgregor vs. Tony Ferguson.

Khabib vs Edson for the interim interim LW belt

I guess addtitional interim belts are theoretically possible if neither Tony or McG want to sign to fight anybody. But even in today's climate, I can't see the UFC allowing more than 3 interim champions in a single weight class.

Stipe vs. really anyone would be good too but with Cain still out and Ngganou fighting Reem idk who they could put in.
Not sure that Tony would want such a quick turn around but that would be great.

Ferguson is a weirdo. I actually don’t see him saying no if he were offered that fight... you’re spot-on with Stipe. Won’t happen... DC says he’s waiting til January (probably Oezdimir)... Woodley isn’t booked, but I don’t see him having a suitable dance partner come dec 30, plus he’s not a very big ppv draw... I really think Conor is the only option. Vs Ferguson or Diaz. Hopefully he n Diaz never fight again. I have no interest

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back